Injury Gregson - 4th navicular surgery- Jul 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it depends on if they think he can overcome the injury in the short term or the long term. They certainly persisted with Menzel through 4 knee reco's and kept him on the list. I don't think Geelong would discard Gregson callously, they're not that sort of club. We'll have to wait and see how it unfolds in a few months.

If the experiences of Cowan, Menzel, and McCarthy are anything to go by he's got at least another 3 years up his sleeve yet.

Time to cut the tie with Gregson and Linc. One more season to Cocky (and don’t play him this year in any form of footy!). We have been carrying these players for too long. Narkle, JJ and Parfitt look capable as our small forwards. We need some spaces for tall timbers and half back/wingman in our team.

It’s a tough thing but I think it’s time to say good bye to Gregson and McCarthy. And Menzel would need to work hard for a contract. I’d also be looking at how the medical team can improve. We’ve basically had 7 years of “bad luck” with injuries. That can’t continue and list sizes aren’t big enough to carry so many players you can’t rely on week to week. Not judging their talent but I notice Vardy and Simpson have been available a lot more since they moved clubs.

Sorry Cory.

Wish you all the best going forward but it wont be here.

You had a great 1st year and were very promising. But the rigours of AFL have claimed your foot.
Its not you fault - it just happens and AFL is a brutal game and industry.
And with Fogarty, Narkle, TK, Parfitt, Jones et al all fit and playing, I hate to say it mate but its done.

Best to you. The club will get you back to normal life and should do so.

Go Catters

It’s a tough thing but I think it’s time to say good bye to Gregson and McCarthy. And Menzel would need to work hard for a contract. I’d also be looking at how the medical team can improve. We’ve basically had 7 years of “bad luck” with injuries. That can’t continue and list sizes aren’t big enough to carry so many players you can’t rely on week to week. Not judging their talent but I notice Vardy and Simpson have been available a lot more since they moved clubs.

When injury prone players get re-injured - especially to the same body part - it's not bad luck; it's bad management.

When injury prone players get re-injured - especially to the same body part - it's not bad luck; it's bad management.
Of just a body part that isn’t up to the rigours of he game.

I wonder if the improved drainage and general condition of footy grounds which has led to them being harder is playing a part in all these foot stress injuries we are seeing these days? I don't recall there being as many of this kind of injury spoken about back in the 80's and 90's. Obviously there is a lot more running done by players these days too which could contribute.
Maybe the groundsmen should be asked to prepare softer surfaces around the whole country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back