Remove this Banner Ad

Socceroos squad for the Asian Cup

GB6BrEDbEAM16Wd

From that expect us to lineup as:

-------------------Ryan------------------

Miller-----------Rowes----------Souttar-------Bos

-----Irvine------------Metcalfe---------McGree

---Silvera----------Boyle-----------Goodwin

Gauci in for Ryan if needed. Bacchus in for McGree if he isn't match fit.

Amazing they picked Tilio. Celtic sold Jota, Maeda and Abada have been injured and Tilio can't even get on a 9 man bench at Celtic most games.
I doubt he plays but it is a puzzling selection considering Arnold literally said “The most important thing for the Socceroos is form."

From that expect us to lineup as:

-------------------Ryan------------------

Miller-----------Rowes----------Souttar-------Bos

-----Irvine------------Metcalfe---------McGree

---Silvera----------Boyle-----------Goodwin

Gauci in for Ryan if needed. Bacchus in for McGree if he isn't match fit.
Arnold's always gonna start Duke. So I'd say Boyle moves to the right in place of Silvera.

I doubt he plays but it is a puzzling selection considering Arnold literally said “The most important thing for the Socceroos is form."
Have you seen the talent available? If you're playing reserves in a top 10 league you're an elite Australian player

I get Kuol and Irankunda missing out but no Robertson or Circati is disappointing as I reckon they both play during the tournament and are probably in our best side for a lot of the next decade.

Not confident we get it done with that squad, but Boyle is a nice inclusion who missed Qatar.

Our Olympic side should be mint to watch, fingers crossed we don’t muck up qualifying

Robertson and Circati are both going to the Olympics with the Olyroos. Apparently Arnie is trying to keep those player's clubs happy by not taking them to the Asian Cup- particularly when they most likely won't see many minutes if any at all. Robertson has also been key on loan at Portsmouth in their bid for promotion and it will be more beneficial for him to stay there and play rather than leave for a month and not play.

Needs to be a new generation post Asian Cup.

I'd expect retirements for Leckie, Goodwin,
Behich, Duke, Ryan & Fornaroli all of whom realistically won't be starting at WC2026.

Ryan is a 31 year old GK playing as well as he ever has at club level. Why wouldn't he be there in 2 and a half years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all Socceroos match discussion and news during the 2024 Asian Cup please post on the Association Football main board's Asian Cup thread below thank-you.

I agree... but I'm saying even if its Japan to start with.. I don't want him to be like Glover at Middlesbrough and being a bench warmer

I don't see Japan as being a big enough step up. All Australian players should either be playing in A League or quality European comps.

I don't see Japan as being a big enough step up. All Australian players should either be playing in A League or quality European comps.
I see the J League as the best comp in Asia.. plus like I said, it's a step.. I just don't want him to be a bench warmer if he goes to a club in Europe... Even if its in Denmark to start of with

Amazing they picked Tilio. Celtic sold Jota, Maeda and Abada have been injured and Tilio can't even get on a 9 man bench at Celtic most games.
Still even yesterday can't get a game for Celtic and not even on the bench... From the outside ( if you looked at this decision) it's not a real good look picking Tilio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back