Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The stats are ok but the issue I have is the repeat articles based around them. I don't care about individual stats but would prefer to know about the key moments in the articles. The game reports are pretty average these days.
Exactly Ringo, it's a lost art in all forms of footy, even AFL game write ups are very poor

View attachment 1567115
For some reason that last sentence doesnt sit comfortably with me... 🤷‍♂️
I know of a local senior coach who reached out to the Pioneers coach to ask if a young player could be added to their under 18’s train on list.
Pioneers coach response “the kid has talent but we don’t see him being drafted”

Local coach reply “so every kid on the training list you think will be drafted?”🤦‍♂️

I know of a local senior coach who reached out to the Pioneers coach to ask if a young player could be added to their under 18’s train on list.
Pioneers coach response “the kid has talent but we don’t see him being drafted”

Local coach reply “so every kid on the training list you think will be drafted?”🤦‍♂️
1 or 2 guys get drafted, doesn't make a heap of sense with the travel required to train and play from regional parts of Vic, surely they get better by playing senior footy, then trying vfl

1 or 2 guys get drafted, doesn't make a heap of sense with the travel required to train and play from regional parts of Vic, surely they get better by playing senior footy, then trying vfl
3% get drafted, 100% think they will. Roughly 5% make it to VFL lists, which are becoming more difficult to obtain. Play 4 interleague games for recruiters to have a look at or preferably have AFL clubs have an U/19 Academy. The only thing I see is that it is generally very difficult for those that haven't played NAB to get to a VFL club.Since the NAB league was established it has seen a decline in the standard of local football. Young players are burnt out by the time they reach 23 and often walk away disillusioned with the game.

3% get drafted, 100% think they will. Roughly 5% make it to VFL lists, which are becoming more difficult to obtain. Play 4 interleague games for recruiters to have a look at or preferably have AFL clubs have an U/19 Academy. The only thing I see is that it is generally very difficult for those that haven't played NAB to get to a VFL club.Since the NAB league was established it has seen a decline in the standard of local football. Young players are burnt out by the time they reach 23 and often walk away disillusioned with the game.
100% we see it every year in the country leagues. Well said Ringo

Last edited:
If Shepp United's vfl guys play more than 6 games for them, could they sneak into the 6
Not sure who they all are Trent? Jesse Cucinotta is one but he is flying at Port Melbourne so I can't see him qualifying or even playing a game at this stage. If all six played on the one day they might win a few more games. Can't see them anywhere near it and along with Tatura they will be battling it out for the 'spoon'!

Not sure who they all are Trent? Jesse Cucinotta is one but he is flying at Port Melbourne so I can't see him qualifying or even playing a game at this stage. If all six played on the one day they might win a few more games. Can't see them anywhere near it and along with Tatura they will be battling it out for the 'spoon'!
Chalcraft (Geelong bnf winner), Zavier Maher (Carlton), not sure they'd see much of them though.

I think Tat have got a couple more than what's been made public. One is from the Bullants I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chalcraft (Geelong bnf winner), Zavier Maher (Carlton), not sure they'd see much of them though.
Maher hurt his shoulder in finals, looked like a disclocation, so he might start at United and if the byes fall in place and they have chalcraft and cucinotta in, with a couple of recruits they could be a handful early in the year for sides to come up against

Remove this Banner Ad

Back