Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty tough to try and predict the final ladder this far out as you said Silver Tongue but it's worth a crack. I've placed Euroa and Tatura high as they have recruited quality players who will easil play GVFL standard. I've marked Bears down on the basis that they may loose Wong and will again be relying on kids to carry a big load. The sides taking 4th through to 11.th can all mark a spot in final 5 and it will be close. Swans drop down based on losing a number of experienced players and they will be redeveloping this year with a younger group but they may surprise if they win early games. Pick the bones out of this.

Kyabram
Euroa
Tatura
Benalla
Shepparton
--------------
Echuca
Rochester
Swans
Mansfield
United
Seymour
Mooroopna

Would be great to see Euroa up there

Ky

Euroa/Rochy/Shepp (can't split the order)

Tat/Benalla/Seymour/Echuca fighting for the last 2 spots.

Mansfield
United
Swans
Mooroopna

No doubt it will continue to change over the next 3 months, looking forward to seeing what other names will be running around in the GVFL 2017.

Pretty tough to try and predict the final ladder this far out as you said Silver Tongue but it's worth a crack. I've placed Euroa and Tatura high as they have recruited quality players who will easil play GVFL standard. I've marked Bears down on the basis that they may loose Wong and will again be relying on kids to carry a big load. The sides taking 4th through to 11.th can all make a spot in final 5 and it will be close. Swans drop down based on losing a number of experienced players and they will be redeveloping this year with a younger group but they may surprise if they win early games. Pick the bones out of this.

Kyabram
Euroa
Tatura
Benalla
Shepparton
--------------
Echuca
Rochester
Swans
Mansfield
United
Seymour
Mooroopna

Have Shepp definitely lost Wong? With ex-Collingwood/Avondale Heights player Ben Davies and his mate Stretton from Avondale, they will be no worse than they were in 2016. Better I would suggest.

Not much news out of Seymour. Swans have lost a few as you say. Benalla have lost plenty. Rochy have lost Trent Bacon (to Waverley) and Anderson (knee reco) at this point. Kyabram have picked up quality in Mangan, Weardon and maybe Lovison will get a game, and lost two aging champs in Newman and Atkins. (Also some depth players)

Mansfield's new ruckman Browne will have opposition ruckman (including Reeves) begging for mercy. But they are coming from a fair way back. Same with United and Spangher. Out go Looby and Filo.

Echuca should have made finals last year with their quality big men ... Florence, Willis, Morris and Allen might get the job done with the addition of Walker, Kirkby and the Godfather (aka Hargraves).

Not sure that Seymour will be any worse than last year which was pretty good. Euroa have picked up a flotilla of new players under JD Hayes (see Brad Rowe's earlier post) and will challenge.

Anyway, that is just an opinion ... Not carved in stone or anything ...

Have Shepp definitely lost Wong? With ex-Collingwood/Avondale Heights player Ben Davies and his mate Stretton from Avondale, they will be no worse than they were in 2016. Better I would suggest.

Not much news out of Seymour. Swans have lost a few as you say. Benalla have lost plenty. Rochy have lost Trent Bacon (to Waverley) and Anderson (knee reco) at this point. Kyabram have picked up quality in Mangan, Weardon and maybe Lovison will get a game, and lost two aging champs in Newman and Atkins. (Also some depth players)

Mansfield's new ruckman Browne will have opposition ruckman (including Reeves) begging for mercy. But they are coming from a fair way back. Same with United and Spangher. Out go Looby and Filo.

Echuca should have made finals last year with their quality big men ... Florence, Willis, Morris and Allen might get the job done with the addition of Walker, Kirkby and the Godfather (aka Hargraves).

Not sure that Seymour will be any worse than last year which was pretty good. Euroa have picked up a flotilla of new players under JD Hayes (see Brad Rowe's earlier post) and will challenge.

Can anybody put a list together of who Echuca have gained and lost?
Agree silver that Echuca should have definitely played finals footy. Quality rebounding defenders but they may have lacked another key defender or 2. A midfield led by Buckley, quality ruckman and a talented fwd line with difficult matchups(Willis & Allan). Throw in promising young kids I was shocked they didn't play finals in what was a weak year for comp

Agree silver that Echuca should have definitely played finals footy. Quality rebounding defenders but they may have lacked another key defender or 2. A midfield led by Buckley, quality ruckman and a talented fwd line with difficult matchups(Willis & Allan). Throw in promising young kids I was shocked they didn't play finals in what was a weak year for comp
Heard they are losing a number of their quality kids to Echuca United (MFL) . I haven't heard of specific names.

Echuca ins: Hargreaves, Walker (won't be many games at all if any ) Kirkby
Outs: Pollock, Moneghetti, Dennahey... Ben Reid !.Some others but really not sure

Last edited:

If it's true about Browne heading to Mansfield (and I'm hearing its a fine deal) he will dominate the ruck contests and is more than handy resting up forward. Had some recent shoulder issues but very durable player. One of the best ruckman ever to play metro footy IMO.

The word in Melb is Wong going to stay in the GV. Some talk around the traps but believe it's all just rumours..

Good luck to all clubs!!

Mifka might be leaving United as well to play in Bendigo. Its going to be a huge turnover for the 3rd year in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rochy more than hungry this yr despite lack of signings, balance and stability is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back