Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate
Ringo, Sorry if it didn't come across right as I'm not disputing Billys talent. I have watched 2-3 games per year of Port over the last 4-5 years, and I'm sure his the one with the long straight hair.
Will be a good pick up for sure but not sure his that intimidating (He not no10 who the itimidating one) but does get the hard ball and has courage. Great get for KY if it's true...,
Anyway just wanted to clear that up!!

Interested to see how Shermo goes recruiting players or have KY got a recruiting manager who does this stuff! who else have they pick up boys.,

Over & out..
think you have him mixed up with sandilands...no 10 was bustling Billy

No mate

think you have him mixed up with sandilands...no 10 was bustling Billy

Mate sorry to disappoint you but Billy is not no10 for Port, as this is Pinwill and his an intimidating player, bloody tough as nails. Still at Port..
Billy wears 39 so someone has mixed things up bud. You can google them if you want to check but I'm 100% correct.

PS: Sandilands is taller than both these guys.

Mate sorry to disappoint you but Billy is not no10 for Port, as this is Pinwill and his an intimidating player, bloody tough as nails. Still at Port..
Billy wears 39 so someone has mixed things up bud. You can google them if you want to check but I'm 100% correct.

PS: Sandilands is taller than both these guys.
Ha yes you are right my bad!

what happens is what ever club wins the gv 2nds flag or has a strong side, lower leagues like kdfl, pfdl etc target these players for a bit of cash and a go in the ones, which gv clubs cant match payments for fringe players. sad as alot of kids should try and play the highest level they can

This is where the club needs to work together, Committee & Coaching staff to create a culture where the kids want to hang around and test themselves. GV is still one of the better leagues in Victoria I don't think there is enough effort put into the reserves football. As Doona2 said 2's footy is twos footy but you will be surprised if they are involved and around a wining senior team they will hang around money doesn't always talk.

Early doors yet I know but top 6 (or 7)
Benalla
Shep Swans
Kyabram
Tatura
Rochester
Echuca/United

Seymour comng very strong to take a spot.

Tatura on the bottom I would have thought?
Wellington, T.Sullivan, J.Sullivan, T.lanyon, B.Hicks, C.Ryan, Broadbent, Kirby, Montgomery all outs so far. Surely will struggle..

Happy to be wrong, but I'm not convinced about Rochy just yet. Lost Weeks, Hollow and a few others (and isn't Ash Watson injured for most of the year?). Obviously three good gains (Flaherty, Stroobants and Aitken). They should be thereabouts, but I'd like to see three, four more quality recruits soonish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be wrong, but I'm not convinced about Rochy just yet. Lost Weeks, Hollow and a few others (and isn't Ash Watson injured for most of the year?). Obviously three good gains (Flaherty, Stroobants and Aitken). They should be thereabouts, but I'd like to see three, four more quality recruits soonish.
Seems a former premiership player will return and has put in a lot of work.

Benalla
Seymour
Rochester
Moroopna
Kyabram
Swans
United
Tatura
Mansfeild
Echuca
Shepp
Euroa
Benalla
Mooroopna
Swans
Shepparton
Kyabram
Rochester
Mansfield
Tatura
Seymour
United
Echuca
Euroa
Why? Who have Mooroopna shed to justify slipping (not on 1% post)? Who have United gained to justify rising (apart from a senior GVFL coach who could make a huge difference on the bench)? Tatura are bleeding and Echuca, Seymour and Mansfield are coming from a long way back. Bears have an astute coach who learns and improves with each year at the helm. This could be the most even season in years.

Tatura on the bottom I would have thought?
Wellington, T.Sullivan, J.Sullivan, T.lanyon, B.Hicks, C.Ryan, Broadbent, Kirby, Montgomery all outs so far. Surely will struggle..
Where's Kirby off to? Also, to anyone in the know, apart from Daniels, what is the quality of the other Shepp Swans players who have lodged clearances to the Bulldogs.

Where's Kirby off to? Also, to anyone in the know, apart from Daniels, what is the quality of the other Shepp Swans players who have lodged clearances to the Bulldogs.
Kirby is playing for tat so is Tim lanyon , the players from the swans are mainly young ones not long out of thirds , Daniels keen to try young players .

Rumoured to have gone to Nth Albury...could be BS

The Mellington situation is rather sad. I wont go into details as this is something that is best dealt with by the club. Suffice to say that Mellington's position at the club had become untenable. My understanding is that the playing group were consulted about the situation and their views sought on the outcome. Given the circumstances the Benalla footy club should be given credit for being strong here.

Ash Watson's finger recovering well after operation. Should be good to go for Round 1 against Echuca.

You talkng Brad Collns? Heard he was close this but had alreadyto Bridgewater. Big chance in 2016 under the new regime.
That was meant to say:
Brad Collins was close to playing this year but had already committed to Bridgewater (I think) for 2015. He is allegedly a big chance to play in 2016 under Flaherty, Schmidt and Stroobants.

Previous jarbled nonsense proves you shouldn't try and post without your reading glasses, while driving and eating a burger!

So a big assault on 2016 is the plan? Collins, Weeks etc. to return next year?

My understanding is Flaherty et. al are at Rochy for a few years and Weekes is coming back in 2016 after Colbo 's Centenary. He has made a verbal committment and also attended early Rochy functions to meet the coach. I suspect the 'big fridge' will come with him. Probably Hill and Vale back again also. Along wih Collins that would be handy.

All that said, they are quietly confident about doing well in 2015

My understanding is Flaherty et. al are at Rochy for a few years and Weekes is coming back in 2016 after Colbo 's Centenary. He has made a verbal committment and also attended early Rochy functions to meet the coach. I suspect the 'big fridge' will come with him. Probably Hill and Vale back again also. Along wih Collins that would be handy.

All that said, they are quietly confident about doing well in 2015
Do you think they will be as good when they return from 'district' footy Silver Tongue? Often difficult to replicate form after dropping back a couple of pegs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back