Goulburn Valley FL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing the opposite at bomber land footy mad. Speaking to old mate in the blue last night they may have three pretty big names still to come and an equal if not better replacement for Ogden if he leaves. It was getting late into the night so time will tell ;-)

The issue I'm hearing re the Bombers is that a number of contracted players from last year are still "up in the air' as to where they stand for season 2015. Not sure if the $'s dished out to Sherman is the issue, but you would think that by the start of Feb something definite would be put in place for those players from 2014.
Ogden hasn't had been spoken to about what the club are thinking, given he is the B & F from last year, makes you wonder? Coulstock, Clark, Morris, Williams and Childs are all apparently in the same boat.
If they are hoping to land some big names still, this might make sense as it could mean they are holding off finalising contracts till these others are signed.
In the meantime other clubs circle.

The issue I'm hearing re the Bombers is that a number of contracted players from last year are still "up in the air' as to where they stand for season 2015. Not sure if the $'s dished out to Sherman is the issue, but you would think that by the start of Feb something definite would be put in place for those players from 2014.
Ogden hasn't had been spoken to about what the club are thinking, given he is the B & F from last year, makes you wonder? Coulstock, Clark, Morris, Williams and Childs are all apparently in the same boat.
If they are hoping to land some big names still, this might make sense as it could mean they are holding off finalising contracts till these others are signed.

Good recruiting means holding on to your good players and topping up with a few players you need to make the difference. If someone wishes to leave then replace that type of player. These are big losses as usually KY are pretty stable yeah..
Did they pick up big Phillpot from Barooga (ex EDFL) as he used to train at Pacco so has a link to Shermo.. Phillpot goes ok if they have him.
Did he bring an assistant and who's his bench coach?

hahaha..yeah mate
Hey Ringo,
Have St Patrick's College Ballarat offered footy scholarships to any potential Pioneers young blokes yet. They are renowned for it as the football program is top end under Howard Clark. They then filter them into the Rebels as the two are so closely linked with regards coaching and access to facilities. It doesn't help Pioneers or Bushrangers that is for sure.

Hey Ringo,
Have St Patrick's College Ballarat offered footy scholarships to any potential Pioneers young blokes yet. They are renowned for it as the football program is top end under Howard Clark. They then filter them into the Rebels as the two are so closely linked with regards coaching and access to facilities. It doesn't help Pioneers or Bushrangers that is for sure.
Glad someone has brought this up , is a bloody disgrace IMO .

Hey Ringo,
Mate I am a good friend of Howard's and he does a great job! Unfortunately the schools go to the Vline Cup and target young talent and offer scholarships. This year we have boys at Geelong Grammar (2), Scotch College and Calrendon College Ballarat. It definitely hurts us not having a boarding school in Bendigo. We do run a great football program at Bendigo Senior secondary with 20 boys in that.We lose some top end talent that we develop as a region and this in turn affects results and draft numbers

Mate I am a good friend of Howard's and he does a great job! Unfortunately the schools go to the Vline Cup and target young talent and offer scholarships. This year we have boys at Geelong Grammar (2), Scotch College and Calrendon College Ballarat. It definitely hurts us not having a boarding school in Bendigo. We do run a great football program at Bendigo Senior secondary with 20 boys in that.We lose some top end talent that we develop as a region and this in turn affects results and draft numbers
Yeah Ringo I agree about Howard as he is a top man and the Rebels and St Pat's have a mutually rewarding relationship. That said, I have observed this for a decade and knowing the difficulties of keeping potential players from Mildura or he far reaches of your or the Bushrangers regions becomes so much harder with footy scholarships and access to a proven program. Hard for parents to resist with St Pats 4 times in a row winners of Herald Shield and a free VCE. Most of those guys go in at Year 11 or 12. Proven record of St Pats boys getting drafted under Howard and Gerald Fitzgerald's program. Not helpful for remote TAC sides though. Do BSC offer footy scholarships?

Yeah Ringo I agree about Howard as he is a top man and the Rebels and St Pat's have a mutually rewarding relationship. That said, I have observed this for a decade and knowing the difficulties of keeping potential players from Mildura or he far reaches of your or the Bushrangers regions becomes so much harder with footy scholarships and access to a proven program. Hard for parents to resist with St Pats 4 times in a row winners of Herald Shield and a free VCE. Most of those guys go in at Year 11 or 12. Proven record of St Pats boys getting drafted under Howard and Gerald Fitzgerald's program. Not helpful for remote TAC sides though. Do BSC offer footy scholarships?

No mate..none in our program. Can't offer accommodation/meals etc

Good recruiting means holding on to your good players and topping up with a few players you need to make the difference. If someone wishes to leave then replace that type of player. These are big losses as usually KY are pretty stable yeah..
Did they pick up big Phillpot from Barooga (ex EDFL) as he used to train at Pacco so has a link to Shermo.. Phillpot goes ok if they have him.
Did he bring an assistant and who's his bench coach?

Hear that it's Ken Sheldon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sherman's clearance knocked back! Can only happen if money or property owed?

G'day Ringo my old friend.. His under contract and agreed to a sign on which was for the 2 years as well as a payment for coaching. Club went out of their way for him so I'm sure there is a bit to play out here. The end result will be he will be cleared, but I'm sure there will be a settlement between clubs as they did invest a lot in the player. No need to say anymore as its been said before, just providing a reply..

Believe Phillpot is staying at Barooga after they upped the ante!
Hank1 do you have the power to create a 2015 thread considering we're well into February?

I note on the clearance site that a number of Shepp Swans players have lodged clearances to Tat, the new coach looks as though he's bringing a few with him.

G'day Ringo my old friend.. His under contract and agreed to a sign on which was for the 2 years as well as a payment for coaching. Club went out of their way for him so I'm sure there is a bit to play out here. The end result will be he will be cleared, but I'm sure there will be a settlement between clubs as they did invest a lot in the player. No need to say anymore as its been said before, just providing a reply..
Yep Turbo, this was well discussed monhs ago mate. Buying his contract out etc. He will coach Ky no worries about that.

Hadn't realised Lovick was leaving Swans.

By the way 'The Roar Is Back' created a 2015. thread yesterday ... get on it.

Partially correct although all players mentioned will be at bomberland this season.
By the looks of it I should head to the new 2015 page for anymore offseason rumours.

Hank1 do you have the power to create a 2015 thread considering we're well into February?

I note on the clearance site that a number of Shepp Swans players have lodged clearances to Tat, the new coach looks as though he's bringing a few with him.
One has already been started by the mod who looks after this thread, normally the old one gets closed and linked to the new one but looks like that hasnt been done. I'd head to the 2015 thread from now on.

Partially correct although all players mentioned will be at bomberland this season.
By the looks of it I should head to the new 2015 page for anymore offseason rumours.
Those players mentioned will be at bomberland if they wana play for bugger all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back