Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to BF , new users wishing to add their views are always welcome .
From what I've read it appears that Steve Daniels , who I don't know personally , made a delibrate attempt to recruite Tatura , surrounding area and past players last season . It appears that some of the 2011 Tat players have been offered big coin elsewhere , which Tat would appear to have deemed unrealistic and those players have signed elsewhere , a decision it appears they have made well before the knowledge that Tat had recruited players for the 2012 season ?

From what I've read very much from afar , it appears the club whilst steve Daniels has been coach , did infact attempt to involve as many locals as possible in attempt to win a premiership , something which I'm sure all clubs have as a priority .
It appears that the locals got poached and/ or weren't good enough to win a priemership so the club has recruited .
Steve Daniels experience would suggest he wouldn't be dumb enough to place recruited players infront of locals solely based on the fact they are recruited , so in the end of the day if a two players perform to the same level, a local player may be favoured at the selection table, which I wouldnt think is any different at any club ?

Unfortunately at times, it would appear that the outside recruits take precendence over the locals. Most outsiders are not recruitable if they are not guaranteed senior footy...................

P.s also heard Shepp United are in big trouble financially, they couldn't pay players for the last 6 rounds...obviously they won the flag so who cares but rumour has it that they are in trouble!!! Watch this space I will continue to break stories :D

All players were paid in full on presentation night guaranteed. I have heard this rumor going around and it is crap.

Ranga69 united players were paid in full presentation night That is correct but they hadn't been paid for last 6 rounds because they couldn't afford too...fact mate!!!

Ranga69 united players were paid in full presentation night That is correct but they hadn't been paid for last 6 rounds because they couldn't afford too...fact mate!!!

Sounds like you have seen their bank accounts gvfl69. Are you from inside the club??

GVFL69 im adressing a few of your silly comments:

you say your family is involved in the TFC maybe you should become more involved and learn ACTUAL facts. If you are such a supporter you should know of the amount of supporters that were in the rooms after each game in 2010, or about a club funtion that SJ ran, the amount of people that showed up and the amount of money that the club made that night.

If you were such a supporter you would know that in 2010 the team would have conisted of 90% local players and still made finals? SJ could have spent more money rather opted to play the locals.

As a passionate tatura supporters i find your comments on Durwood pathetic. He has been chased over the past 3 years by numerous VFL clubs yet stayed with Tatura? Have you not thought that maybe family in Murchison could be more of a reason for leaving?? ..

And your comments on Seymour after he left they won a flag and came runner up? ..

I'm sorry if I have caused a heated discussion here but I'm allowed my thoughts as everyone else is, not at one stage have I had a crack at Steve Daniels personality or his history in footy I'm a fool to question any of them as I know his record well, what i am questioning is when he preaches one thing and he does something else, play locals, than recruits outsiders, rather confussing although it must beon his mind if he is mentioning it at the AGM.
What about Tom Durwood could arguably be the best player in the competition a local talent and yet Daniels let's him go to the kdl? You can't tell me that the money that Murphy, broadbent or Crawford are getting couldn't have been offered to Durwood for him to stay???? What would local Tatura people want Durwood running off half back or Ryan Crawford, wouldn't local sponsors and supporters rather know that there money is being spent on a local star than a import who will hang around 1 maybe 2 years at max? It's not rocket science!

phils dad I'm glad you could post 15 locals mate at Tatura but the point your missing is that you haven't factored in the 14 out of towners buddy and 15 plus 14 is 29 and only 21 play on a sat, half them locals won't be playing old mate! My whole point...
gvfl69 - I was wondering if you could name the 14 out of towners that come into the side and who they would replace? Between your football insights and my guessing, I think we could help SJ out and pick his Round 1 side for him!
PS - I noticed the silence is deafening on my question 'How many sides have won a flag with 100% locals? Thoughts gvfl69er?????

Sandra7 thanks for the reply i have noticed that you have just joined up mate? you wouldnt happen to know Roadworker would you? hehehe is this you SJ? cmon mate no need to stick up for yourself on here i know your out there...
Sandra7 SJ Roadworker i have never questioned your supporter base or how many people you get to functions thats all great very happy for the attendance you get, you need it to pay for the new blokes i know how it works...im questioning what the coach preaches and what he does, im happy for him to preach to supporters that he is palying the locals and the kids we all want to here that we walk away happy, im not happy when than he goes out and recruits all these melbourne blokes. Just stop bullshitting to us thats all i want.
I know you dont win flags on local talent i have never said that please read my posts before having a crack at me.
If SJ SANDRA7 ROADWORKERs goal is to win the flag this year tell us that and outline what your doing. Dont lie to us.

Phils Dad good to hear from you mate please read the following:

TATURA PLAYERS WHO ARE OUTSIDERS
1. BROWNING
2. OWEN

3. T TREWIN
4. C TREWIN
5. B COSGRIFF
6. T COSGRIFF

7. MURPHY
8. BROADBENT
9. CRAWFORD

10. LITTLE
11. REEVES
12. SHAW

Sorry mate could only name 12 still a lot for a coach that preaches locals juniors locals

Sandra7 thanks for the reply i have noticed that you have just joined up mate? you wouldnt happen to know Roadworker would you? hehehe is this you SJ? cmon mate no need to stick up for yourself on here i know your out there...
Sandra7 SJ Roadworker i have never questioned your supporter base or how many people you get to functions thats all great very happy for the attendance you get, you need it to pay for the new blokes i know how it works...im questioning what the coach preaches and what he does, im happy for him to preach to supporters that he is palying the locals and the kids we all want to here that we walk away happy, im not happy when than he goes out and recruits all these melbourne blokes. Just stop bullshitting to us thats all i want.
I know you dont win flags on local talent i have never said that please read my posts before having a crack at me.
If SJ SANDRA7 ROADWORKERs goal is to win the flag this year tell us that and outline what your doing. Dont lie to us.

1. BROWNING
2. OWEN
3. T TREWIN
4. C TREWIN
5. B COSGRIFF
6. T COSGRIFF
7. MURPHY
8. BROADBENT
9. CRAWFORD
10. LITTLE
11. REEVES
12. SHAW

Sorry mate could only name 12 still a lot for a coach that preaches locals juniors locals

gvfl69 you will find that only 9-10 of those players will be playing round 1 or even this year, have a look at our rivals down the road in mooroopna and how many locals they had in the grand final? tatura and SJ look after the locals but you do need outsiders for success

Nah I have been on here for a couple years now mate however lost my password so had to start a new account. And no I dont know roadworker? is that even relevent?

And I do not know Steve personally but I doubt a man of his status would need feel the need to defend himself. I just simply read your posts and felt you didn't know enough about the club to call yourself a supporter. A real supporter wouldn't bag the club or coach no matter what. You stay with it through thick and thin.

Isnt every clubs goal to win a flag though gvfl69? I would like you to take a look at clubs from the top 6 last year and see how many local players were in those teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. BROWNING - Lives in the area
2. OWEN - 4th year
3. T TREWIN - Gone
4. C TREWIN - 4th year
5. B COSGRIFF - Gone
6. T COSGRIFF - Gone
7. MURPHY - new
8. BROADBENT - new
9. CRAWFORD - new
10. LITTLE - Lives in Tat
11. REEVES - Works in Tat
12. SHAW - new

How is that list looking now cobba?
And it was decided in September 2010 that, 2011 we wanted to make the finals, 2012 build on our list to be contenders. On track so far. That you didn't know this really surprises me! Where can I send your Tat membership ticket old mate?

As stated earlier all of the above 12 players are outsiders who are not locally born and breed players end of story...

Carry On...

1. BROWNING
2. OWEN

3. T TREWIN
4. C TREWIN
5. B COSGRIFF
6. T COSGRIFF

7. MURPHY
8. BROADBENT
9. CRAWFORD

10. LITTLE
11. REEVES
12. SHAW

Perhaps you should be the one confessing to having an alias - you're sounding more like goechuca with every post!

I actually agree with one of your earlier posts in that I would much rather see the money used on Melbourne recruits given to Tommy D to keep him but it's just not as simple as a choice of one or the other. There are numerous reasons as to why TD left and money does not solve them all!

He wants to play a few games with his brother. Terry is a nice guy and a decent footballer but he isn't gonna make the senior side at tat. There is also a lot of expectation on Tom to be/become this gun player and maybe he doesn't cope with that type of pressure as well as others.

He's also one of a group of good young locals who came through the juniors system at the same time. If Tom's pay goes up by 2-3x what it was to match rival offers then the other kids start wondering why they don't get similar pay. Clubs simply can't afford to up everyones pay everytime one person gets a rival offer. There's also the potential for pay equality issues to disrupt team harmony (and this applies to out of towners as well).

To say it's all SJ's fault shows how little you know about club politics and player recruitment/retention in general.

BTW - McGowan comment was spot on! And I hope you're half right about tommy getting recruited from the KDFL. Much rather see him in black and white than in that horrible orange and charcoal jumper:D

Another great player Lost to a Smaller league, Alot have gone this year, Think we are going to loose the Number one league title in country Victoria this season

As stated earlier all of the above 12 players are outsiders who are not locally born and breed players end of story...

Carry On...

Please describe a born and breed player, cause I'm starting to get a bit confused.

Would of thought where you are born shouldn't give a rats arse to where you play football and the breed bit I just don't understand.

Spoke to Rhys Archard recently and he didn't officially say that he's leaving Echuca but sounded like he had one foot out the door. When i asked him where he was playing next year he said "why would i play at Echuca we had a good team this year and when i played on Perkovic he smashed me all day next year they won't have near as good as a team so who 's going to bloke for me then? Doesnt sound good for Echuca

He will play at Cohuna...no mates left at Echuca. Dumb if he doesn't, huge pay packet on offer for a 28/29 yr old nearing the end.

Also see Trent Freer is playing with united next season...Not sure how he gets a write up as he is a crab. Played at Cobram and i seen him play twice and he didn;t get near it. He was previously over in WA and could hardly get game in the A grade side he was at. He will be a good 2's player for united in 2012 and thats it

You sound smarter than the original Overtheborder:) :)

See former Echuca coach Brett Henderson has been appointed high performance manager at Williamstown football club (refer their website). He must be very proud of himself and should congratulate the Echuca Football Club for giving him the platform to launch himself into such a exciting career opportunity. I only hope with his new found career he remembers those clubs that helped him get their. Not past Hendo to soon be coaching at AFL level......only if he stays off internet blogging sites. Well done to you, you have Executed this wonderfully well and i won't be surprised to see the Shepp news running this on the front page and a picture of you hugging Marc very hard. Well done .:):):):)

PS....refer to twitter if it's not on their already:rolleyes:

Strong rumour around is that once united signd Trent freer apparently tys side bottom wasn't happy and that was a main reason for him leaving. Freer not the most popular bloke in town...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back