Goulburn Valley FL - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please advise on whether or not the 2011 GVFL fixture has been released or when it will be released? I have checked on the website and it doesn't seem to be up, however I note that the website is poorly managed for the premier league in the VCFL and often quite delayed on providing information to their football followers.

Good on Tatura for spending up and having a crack, they are a good club and always feel welcome going there. Hope they don't go too over the top as they only need to include about 4 good players to their current list to be a top 2 contender.

PS. Elliot Bowen is a great bloke and a great footballer and could easily coach, maybe not yet at GV level but certainly at a lower level.

mate that is not true about those three players tatura has pulled up stumps on the recruiting drive and going with the list they have formed so far
I hear those three boys MIGHT all end up at Nyah where Lance played this year. And have Tat pulled up stumps on their recruiting ? I find that hard to believe !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky Symes to Hoppers Crossing in the WRFL, anyone confirm?

I was speaking to somone who knows Rick well and he was pessimistic about him returning to play at Benalla. He has lived in town for the past 2 years. His signing with a Melb club wouldn't come as a surprise, though it would be a big blow for the saints as their pre season recruiting hasn't been as fruitful as hoped.

I heard they may have lost Ben Fahey as well to Cheltenham???....

Yea Ben fahey has gone moved to Melbourne and has decided to play down there benalla where a little disappointed but that's life. Um not correct on Symes not sure where ya got that one from but yes fahey has gone. From all reports that I've heard which is floating round in benalla is they might have a player in the pipelines who will be the best player in the comp if it comes true watch this space....

Yea Ben fahey has gone moved to Melbourne and has decided to play down there benalla where a little disappointed but that's life. Um not correct on Symes not sure where ya got that one from but yes fahey has gone. From all reports that I've heard which is floating round in benalla is they might have a player in the pipelines who will be the best player in the comp if it comes true watch this space....[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is anyone in Benalla who has been watching " This Space" for the last 3 years........waiting,waiting,waiting........If some one doesn't shoot the Elephant in the room shortly, we'll all be watching "This Space" forever......

Yea Ben fahey has gone moved to Melbourne and has decided to play down there benalla where a little disappointed but that's life. Um not correct on Symes not sure where ya got that one from but yes fahey has gone. From all reports that I've heard which is floating round in benalla is they might have a player in the pipelines who will be the best player in the comp if it comes true watch this space....[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is anyone in Benalla who has been watching " This Space" for the last 3 years........waiting,waiting,waiting........If some one doesn't shoot the Elephant in the room shortly, we'll all be watching "This Space" forever......

Yea that's a fair point you make slim... I heard a fair few off the local boys are coming back in from the district league clubs also which is only going too make benalla stronger so hopefully they can climb up the ladder in both teams. Dave Clark, Mitch dole only blokes on board who are not locals the other recruits are all local boys.

How has Ash Hockey been training at Mooroopna so far?He had a lot of issues last year with his legs that probally needed an operation over summer. He was only a shadow of his best last year and couldn't cover anywhere near the ground he is capable of.
Will he be a wasted talent if he doesn't get his body and mind right?

watched Rochy train monday night.
must be building towards something, as they were running 400s carrying bricks around the oval.
About 25 out but 15 were under 18s including Gavin Broad and Brodie Collins from from out at Locky.

Matt Stokes to Rochy? Know he's been training there but was told the other night that he is certainly playing in 2011. Any truth to that? How do you think he will go?
Has Chris Sanders been having a run there aswell?

Don't we just love to "predict" how sides will perform in the up coming season in December!!!A couple of views, recruiting overall has been on the quiet side in comparison to past years. My thoughts are that Echuca and United are clear leaders with their lists, though the impact of the loss of Eagle could be bigger than we think. He was a great player and worth the $10 to watch each Sat to go around. The Cats have lost a few and gained a few (Yzes) and will be in the mix. Tat to improve although I'm not sure of their full ins and outs. Rochy.... always competitive although may have lost a few. Shepp to win a few games but not as many as they lose. Ky, lost a few but will still be thereabouts. Seddon to stay, Beattie gone as is Pettifer. The big factors are Linton to possibly Lara and Ogden to either Redan or Ballarat. If they keep both it will lift their chances heaps. Benalla likely to lose Symes, hard to see them making a big impact. Tim Symes with a good list, I have no doubt would be hugely influential coach, qualitiy guy.Swans to gain lots of respect, Warby to do a great job but not win many. Seymour could be the sleeper. Bernie always impresses me with his footy smarts and love of the game. Some good talent to work with and the Colberts are class. Mansfield will keep their cards close to their chest, Ned not giving anything away and possible explode on the league at the start of the year. Euroa, great arvo tea, terrific hospitality after the game, BUT it will be a long year. I think the middle tier involving 6/7 clubs will be very competitve, Echuca / United to be clear leaders and 2/3 clubs struggling down below.
There you go boys... pick it to pieces, feel free to agree / disagree.

My thoughts on the 2011 season are united are still out in front have lost there big bloke up forward but got a few more quality players in there line up ( looby and carrol). Echuca will be there abouts again with archard back on board but from what I have heard and it may be wrong they may have lost a couple to the hdfl. There the top two. Ky have lost a few but with there coach and the newmans they will be there abouts again and will pick up a few u would have thought. Mansfield have got a few I heard they have a little on baller who played there a few yrs ago back and cox who used to play at mooroopna also two big ruckmen. Tat will be handy with steve Daniels there always seems too find quality players having been in Melbourne for those yrs in the vfl system and they have signed a few not sure on names but he doesn't go and recruit duds. Then Rochester not sure bout them haven't heard much there but ya can never write them off so hard to play them in Rochester. Benalla will surprise a few sides nxt yr I beleive won't worry united and echuca but will scare a few others and benalla are still very confident Symes will play there his two younger brothers are playing there and I no he loves nothing more then playing footy along side those two blokes. Seymour will be pretty good got a few boys back after there
Overseas trips and yea got a good little coach so can't write them off. Mooroopna will be strong with getting the yzes and the other fella from the Murray league back but have lost some very good foitballers but they will play finals I would imagine. Then there's the the last three who will be in for long seasons I think but I hope they prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back