Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the league have a back up plan in place for the Grand Final (ie. another venue on stand by)? I see the Avoca is meant to peak at Quamby on Friday or Saturday, not ideal!! They'll have to make an early decision if they are going to move it, postponing it would just be a pain for everyone! Sounds like the ground is not an issue, but if roads are flooded the crowd will stay away for sure.

Does the league have a back up plan in place for the Grand Final (ie. another venue on stand by)? I see the Avoca is meant to peak at Quamby on Friday or Saturday, not ideal!! They'll have to make an early decision if they are going to move it, postponing it would just be a pain for everyone! Sounds like the ground is not an issue, but if roads are flooded the crowd will stay away for sure.

Smartest thing would be to arrange a different venue, postponing it would be a stuff up as then we would lose a lot of the crowd attendance to the Central Murray Granny. Also read the same article about the Avoca set to overflow on Friday, bite the bullet Keith and Crew and change the game. Either Ultima or Murrabit would be fitting places for the change, in no way is postponing it the correct solution, and that is nothing against Quambatook but it would be in the best interest of the league.

Makes a lot of sense Nackas, surely the league would see its better to play it this week at Ultima or Murrabit. Why does it "have" to be at Quamby at all cost? When will they make a call? How bad is the river going to get anyway? I wonder if both clubs have footy trips organised? Is there any water out at Wandella, at least the far wing would be above water.

Nully seconds have won around 45 in a row, there last loss was mid season 2008 to macorna. Boys got any tips for the granny??? Would say that the seniors looks to be the closest game on the day.

No back roads worth taking.

Head straight to Swan Hill, through town, take the Lalbert turn off to the right for about 5k then the Quamby tunrnoff to your left and follow your nose. That would be the quickest way I reckon and you wont encounter any flood issues on those roads.

Thanks Snibs. That was the only way I knew of getting there from Tooleybuc. Allow for an hour?

Makes a lot of sense Nackas, surely the league would see its better to play it this week at Ultima or Murrabit. Why does it "have" to be at Quamby at all cost? When will they make a call? How bad is the river going to get anyway? I wonder if both clubs have footy trips organised? Is there any water out at Wandella, at least the far wing would be above water.

The word is that the Nully boys are off to Darwin next weekend for their footy trip....fair to say they wouldn't be impressed with a post-ponement!

Thanks Snibs. That was the only way I knew of getting there from Tooleybuc. Allow for an hour?

65 mins tops.

Regarding the GF, a decision was to be handed down this morning at 11am regarding whether or not it will go ahead this week. I am told that an alternate venue this weekend is out of the question. If delayed, it will be played next weekend at Quamby.
Todays decision will be made by the police, not by the league.

Without knowing the outcome, I would say it is highly likely to be postponed.

65 mins tops.

Regarding the GF, a decision was to be handed down this morning at 11am regarding whether or not it will go ahead this week. I am told that an alternate venue this weekend is out of the question. If delayed, it will be played next weekend at Quamby.
Todays decision will be made by the police, not by the league.

Without knowing the outcome, I would say it is highly likely to be postponed.

any word on the outcome mate? not good if it is posponed. nully's 2's would've only played 1 game in 5 wks! not ideal preperation but thats the way it goes i suppose

The word is that the Nully boys are off to Darwin next weekend for their footy trip....fair to say they wouldn't be impressed with a post-ponement!

Hope their flights were transferable!

You would have thought that the league would have been working on a contingency early in the week and have been able to move it if a decision was to be made as 'early' as a Thursday morning. Obviously Quamby wouldnt really want that but they could give them the GF next year.

More than half the league would agree with you there I think, especially every player playing, well ment to be playing on saturday.

'Apparently', yes another rumour going around, each club president was brought together to discuss changing of venues in case of this situation. From what I heard, every president voted that it stayed at Quamby, therefore they are not thinking of a back venue.

I guess each club will find out tonight at their 'last' training, lets pray it is the last as next weekend would be a disaster due to the dominance of the Central Murray.

More than half the league would agree with you there I think, especially every player playing, well ment to be playing on saturday.

'Apparently', yes another rumour going around, each club president was brought together to discuss changing of venues in case of this situation. From what I heard, every president voted that it stayed at Quamby, therefore they are not thinking of a back venue.

I guess each club will find out tonight at their 'last' training, lets pray it is the last as next weekend would be a disaster due to the dominance of the Central Murray.

This is 100% correct. Meeting was held after presentation night.
River is expected to rise another .5m between now and Saturday, what affect that will have on the town and surrounding roads is unknown.
I am not aware of any official decision at this stage.
The issue is not the ground or surrounds, they are in sublime condition and will remain this way (although caravan park could be in trouble), it is an access issue due
to flooding roads and the dangers associated with children that go wandering on the day.

It Is official Grand Final to be played at Murrabit this Saturday. Good news for all those supporters who have agreed that this is where the Grand Final should really be played.
Murrabit ground to suit Wandella more, Nullawil were really at chance at Quamby though!

It Is official Grand Final to be played at Murrabit this Saturday. Good news for all those supporters who have agreed that this is where the Grand Final should really be played.
Murrabit ground to suit Wandella more, Nullawil were really at chance at Quamby though!

Talk about a backflip. Right decision in the end though I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weather looks like it will be fine for the big one tomorrow. No doubt Murrabits ground will be in good nick. Hopefully see a good game in the seniors, will be barracking for Nully so will say they will win by 17 points.

Also congrats to the league medallists - interesting reading in todays paper the quote from Luke Maher "I didn't have a good year, as the Quamby blokes will tell you" yet still gets votes, Nully's Scott Mathiske has a good year and only gets 1 vote???

Murrabit ground to suit Wandella more, Nullawil were really at chance at Quamby though![/quote]

So Nully no chance at Murrabit? I guess time will tell, but last I checked both Quamby and Murrabit had a grass oval with 4 posts at either end!

All I can say is that the better team will win on the day...

The weather looks like it will be fine for the big one tomorrow. No doubt Murrabits ground will be in good nick. Hopefully see a good game in the seniors, will be barracking for Nully so will say they will win by 17 points.

Also congrats to the league medallists - interesting reading in todays paper the quote from Luke Maher "I didn't have a good year, as the Quamby blokes will tell you" yet still gets votes, Nully's Scott Mathiske has a good year and only gets 1 vote???

Im quite shocked Mathiske polled only 1 vote. Before the count he was my pick to take it out. Would you think he'll win Nully's B&F?

I also noticed Ettershank didn't poll for Murrabit and he will be a very good chance to take home their B&F imo after having a very consistant season.

Best of luck to both sides tomorrow :thumbsu:

Nully's Scott Mathiske has a good year and only gets 1 vote???

Was in the best 13 out of 15 home and away games, including 4 best on's. And in the best for both Nully's finals. Either the umpires have short changed him or whoever selects the best for nully has a massive soft spot for him.

Was in the best 13 out of 15 home and away games, including 4 best on's. And in the best for both Nully's finals. Either the umpires have short changed him or whoever selects the best for nully has a massive soft spot for him.

And he did win Nully's best and Fairerst yesterday ahead of Moose Poyner. I'm not sure how many votes he ended up with.

$300 a week has been thrown at one of the Kerang Seconds players from a club in the GRFL. Now, come on. Not many Senior players are worth that kind of cash. A bloke I know (league medalist) isn't on that coin at his club.

$300 a week has been thrown at one of the Kerang Seconds players from a club in the GRFL. Now, come on. Not many Senior players are worth that kind of cash. A bloke I know (league medalist) isn't on that coin at his club.

Didn't take that club to long to move on the Kerang 2's they only got bundled out on Saturday. Your right though Vet there isn't anyone in that team worth that sort of coin, except Birchmore, he wouldn't get out of bed for less than $400 would he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back