News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting article. Dan Hanneberry says there’s “no chance” of us having finals. Went onto say the stadium is ridiculous, he hates watching games there and hated playing there…

The epitome of washed up irrelevancy.

If Car , Coll , Melb and Geelong all have earned home games ... and Geelong are to play a low drawing side like GC or GWS ... then the confluence of permutations will see a Geelong final. After all if there is enough finals at the MCG to tick off the contractual obligations .. and a Vic side plays a side that will struggle to get much more than 40 to 50 thousand .. it would make sense to have a game in Geelong or Dockland

I always assumed that there was infrastructure installed already, it just needed an upgrade to accommodate the bigger crowds now, which is why i had been confused about what was taking so long...But clearly i was wrong, we never even had the basics down there. I honestly cant believe the club and trust let it get bad enough that temporary antennas have to be used to give people what is a basic need in 2024.

Hopefully this is resolved for next year to something more permanent and upgradable for future needs.

I always assumed that there was infrastructure installed already, it just needed an upgrade to accommodate the bigger crowds now, which is why i had been confused about what was taking so long...But clearly i was wrong, we never even had the basics down there. I honestly cant believe the club and trust let it get bad enough that temporary antennas have to be used to give people what is a basic need in 2024.

Hopefully this is resolved for next year to something more permanent and upgradable for future needs.
Cellular upgrades were budgeted for in the 2026 Comm Games spending. With its cancellation so went the reception improvements.

Even we should feel guilty about something like casual sick pay being axed and KP getting a new scoreboard.
What is wrong with the scoreboards? They are 10 years old at worst.

What is wrong with the scoreboards? They are 10 years old at worst.

The scoreboard at the river end was part of the Stage 1, Reg Hickey redevelopment which was back in 2005 - unless they've replaced it since then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading more into it.

The quoted 4.1m is for stadium management, and importantly 'including'... the scoreboard.
Appears as though cellular reception upgrades are also in the 4.1m.

Reading more into it.

The quoted 4.1m is for stadium management, and importantly 'including'... the scoreboard.
Appears as though cellular reception upgrades are also in the 4.1m.
It's been interesting seeing the reporting on this one. Obviously there's plenty of places that need money in the state at the moment, but would it not be worrying if the owner of a large piece of infrastructure (in this case the state govt. through the KP trust), with multiple tennants, wasn't putting some funds into it's maintenance, management and upkeep?

The way it's been reported as the cats taking another handout has been a little shallow and simplistic for my liking.

The scoreboard at the river end was part of the Stage 1, Reg Hickey redevelopment which was back in 2005 - unless they've replaced it since then
Almost. The 2005 scoreboard was the NIB one at the GA terrace end of the ground. It was removed when the brownlow stand opened.

The river end screen was installed when the past players stand opened in 2013 and they re-did the gap where the old shell timeclock was

Sounds like Ch7 are going with something on the 4M again. I have not heard any reference to Broadband or wifi yet. Its all SCOREBOARD etc. Needed or not ..considering the other cuts in the budget which were probably just as needing... it was probably silly to spend money on the superficial part of the stadium in this budget.
I think ultimately though it's being conflated with the footy club and I doubt we've had anything to do with it. Surely it was a request of the trust to the State Govt.

People seem not to have clocked that the trust now run the venue not the club

720p quality with 3 quarters of the scoreboard being taken up by advertising
jus tmake sure to build the bloody thing 16:9 fullscreen and not have dead tiles for ads and s**t.

its a SCROEBOARD not a google ad box.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back