Sport Giants Netball

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard the first was going to be addressed by new rookie Travisa Cloke. It also frees up the AFL club's salary cap for next year while avoiding having to deal with a painful trade.
Hey! Don't for a second think it'd be safe to pension off reject footy players onto our court! He wouldn't last one minute... he'd be savaged the moment he crossed over the line! :D

Completely wrong
No powerhouse tall goaler and lack of a gun goal defense makes the pies team vulnerable imo
I disagree with "completely wrong". It's pretty close to the money in my view.

Sure, GA may be their biggest weakness, but they have every other position on the court filled by a test player.

By any measurement this is a star-studded line-up who'll start as overwhelming favourites to take out the championship.

Sure, GA may be their biggest weakness, but they have every other position on the court filled by a test player.

By any measurement this is a star-studded line-up who'll start as overwhelming favourites to take out the championship.

I'll happily be proven wrong

Thwaites is not in the best goal shooters in the league
Romelda, Bassett, Harman all 20 goals better than her
Teague Neeld is good but far from a gun GA
Mid court is superb (wont be any better)
Layton is a gun
SO in my opinion we lack a
Top Shelf GS
Top Shelf GA
Top Shelf GD

The goal circle has been the reason Melb sides have struggled in the past ever since McMahon retired

Sunshine Coast with Bassett, Langman and Mentor will be very competitive as well

Hey! Don't for a second think it'd be safe to pension off reject footy players onto our court! He wouldn't last one minute... he'd be savaged the moment he crossed over the line! :D

Indeed. I frequently have the scratch marks to prove netball's "non-contact" credentials.

At least I can continue disliking Collywobbles in another sport. Although teams I like to see fail have taken a Jump lately....Heres to 62 and counting

The team to beat will be the pies followed by Gold Coast and The Giants and firebirds. The sides on paper will appear to have holes because the talent is being spread nearly 50% further. The big thing the Giants have in their favour is probably the best coach in the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll happily be proven wrong

Thwaites is not in the best goal shooters in the league
Romelda, Bassett, Harman all 20 goals better than her
Teague Neeld is good but far from a gun GA
Mid court is superb (wont be any better)
Layton is a gun
SO in my opinion we lack a
Top Shelf GS
Top Shelf GA
Top Shelf GD

The goal circle has been the reason Melb sides have struggled in the past ever since McMahon retired

Sunshine Coast with Bassett, Langman and Mentor will be very competitive as well
Re the bolded: You're telling me! You guys poached her from us, so now I know how Thunderbirds' fans felt when we poached her off them. In all honesty I'm not surprised she left. She was a Melbourne girl who wanted to go home and also a big Collingwood fan from what I heard.

As for Thwaites not being the best GS in the league; maybe so but she's no mug either! And when you consider that she'll be fed by Rav and Robinson, I think you guys will be right! That, and the fact that Layton and Brandley will be up the other end! You can't have all of Rav, Robinson and Layton and a star shooting circle! All in all I think you guys have by far the strongest lineup.

The championship is yours to lose!;)

Re the bolded: You're telling me! You guys poached her from us, so now I know how Thunderbirds' fans felt when we poached her off them. In all honesty I'm not surprised she left. She was a Melbourne girl who wanted to go home and also a big Collingwood fan from what I heard.

As for Thwaites not being the best GS in the league; maybe so but she's no mug either! And when you consider that she'll be fed by Rav and Robinson, I think you guys will be right! That, and the fact that Layton and Brandley will be up the other end! You can't have all of Rav, Robinson and Layton and a star shooting circle! All in all I think you guys have by far the strongest lineup.

The championship is yours to lose!;)

I would give up Rav or Robinson and THwaites in a heartbeat for Bassett, Romelda, Janine Fowler, the Malawi girl the Vixens now have or Carla Borrego

I would give up Rav or Robinson and THwaites in a heartbeat for Bassett, Romelda, Janine Fowler, the Malawi girl the Vixens now have or Carla Borrego

You would be weaker if you did that. You don't have to be tall to be a good shooter. Thwaites is every bit as dangerous as those other shooters if she has Rav and Robinson feeding her.

You would be weaker if you did that. You don't have to be tall to be a good shooter. Thwaites is every bit as dangerous as those other shooters if she has Rav and Robinson feeding her.

No
No
And No again

Being a good shooter involves many things
Accuracy
Movement
Rebounding
Defense
X Factor

Thwaites is a solid player but not in the win you a game type as the others

No
No
And No again

Being a good shooter involves many things
Accuracy
Movement
Rebounding
Defense
X Factor

Thwaites is a solid player but not in the win you a game type as the others

So Thwaites didn't win the ANZ championship...

Defence and x-factor aren't particularly relevant to a shooter and Thwaites ticks off on the other boxes. Even rebounding isn't overly relevant to a good shooter like Thwaites - hit the shot and there is nothing to rebound.

Ladies outfit. No big G.

25478688475e6eb5c52cb6bf4704608f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edit. Still a nice outfit though. Others have been terrible (Collingwood)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladies outfit. No big G.

25478688475e6eb5c52cb6bf4704608f.jpg

Edit. Still a nice outfit though. Others have been terrible (Collingwood)

I like it. No big G is no big deal - netball has those positional bibs to put where the G would be anyway, it would either be confusing or covered.

Colours are there, logo is there, no mistaking it for someone else.

Go Giants.

Nah. Must destroy the Swifts as well.

Im truly sorry

You're mean! :mad:

Sadly, if anyone is going to destroy any team, it will be when they play the Swifts. We're not going to be very good this year. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back