George R R Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance this series is ever finished? I want to re-read the series but don't want to bother until I know the next book is coming out

Yes.

"A Dream of Spring"

~ by Benioff & Weiss, 2029

GRRM hasn't died he's just been locked inside of a storage closet in a San Diego conventional hall.

The book is 90 pages long and mostly serves to conclude Jon and Dany's storylines. They get married, Tyrion is best man, everybody else is presumed dead. The epilogue is from Gendry's POV as he has a steamy affair with the Sand Snakes, setting up a spin-off series off erotic short novels set on Dorne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lucked out with Robert Jordan dying on me before finishing WoT
Sanderson did a really good job of wrapping it up, given how many convoluted threads Jordan left behind. The last couple of books Jordan wrote basically went nowhere, due to the sheer number of characters and threads he'd generated. Arguably, his passing was the best thing to happen in the later part of the series.

Sanderson did a really good job of wrapping it up, given how many convoluted threads Jordan left behind. The last couple of books Jordan wrote basically went nowhere, due to the sheer number of characters and threads he'd generated. Arguably, his passing was the best thing to happen in the later part of the series.

True, however I'd say is Sanderson did a very poor Mat Cauthon

Also what happened to Siuan and Gareth. :(
Though according to Sanderson, Jordan had waaaay more deaths planned for TLB.

Book 10 went nowhere. Book 11 moved things along quite a bit though. Certainly I wish GRRM would get a move on. It's 50/50 at best he'll live to finish the series. The way Winds of Winter is now likely 2019 at earliest, it wouldn't surprise me if he has a heart attack before that's out.

First admission recently that he might not finish the series.

He compared it to other unfinished written works.

I think he may actually NOT want to finish them.

The fat campaigner doesn’t know how to finish it

Starting to think I can live with this now.

Hes taken to long now. I'm not reading the series again as a catch up

the last estimate i saw they reckon at his current pace he wouldn't finish book 7 until the end of 2027. The guy is a fat slob who smokes and is currently nearly 70. If people think he going to be writing full steam ahead in his late 70s are kidding themselves.

If there was a market i would be putting money on him not finishing them.

If i was picking an author to finish them up for him, i'd go with Joe Abercombie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back