George R R Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished reading my copy of World of Ice and Fire so went to the westeros.org forums for a bit of a read and they're speculating about it there.
There's a lot of conjecture on that site, but what's their track record like?

If they're correct then it begs the question - if Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) is shooting a flashback scene for season 5, what incident is more important that would require his presence than the sack of King's Landing when Aegon's body (or the fake) is laid out before him?

There's a lot of conjecture on that site, but what's their track record like?

If they're correct then it begs the question - if Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) is shooting a flashback scene for season 5, what incident is more important that would require his presence than the sack of King's Landing when Aegon's body (or the fake) is laid out before him?

Tysha?

Another thing of note guys.

Martin is doing a 12 days of Christmas on twitter. Will be finishing on Dec 21st which happens to be th first day of Winter in th northern hemisphere.

WoW confirmed date perhaps as the final day of Christmas?

He's come out and said it's nothing, just trying to spread Christmas cheer. And to taunt us a little more. Maybe next year. :(

This book will be released over several centuries, primarily through sample chapters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gurm reckons he won't beat season 6, but the publishers are hoping they can expedite publication to 3 months from when he delivers a finished product.

Reckon we're probably looking at late this year

**** my life, I just want another book to read :(
IMO there's a cash making opportunity for him here, that would also appease fans to a degree. Split Winds in two, get part 1 out before the series is back, then when part 2 is done it could be released as part 2, and a complete Winds hard cover and trade paperback.

Interesting graph that suggests Martin - on a page by page basis - is working as productively as J.K.Rowling.

ounb5ztrvhru1mscucco.jpg

He's also published three novellas – The Hedge Knight (1998), The Sworn Sword (2003) and The Mystery Knight (2010) since the first novel in the ASoIaF series was published in 1996.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back