General VFLW discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually really surprised by NT Thunder's goal kicking. It's nearly twice the amount of most teams score.

NT's side is stacked though with Adelaide Crows AFLW players - explains their dominance - only lost the two games when AFL NT and AFL Vic were fighting over how many Adelaide players should be allowed to play (they cut back on Crows players in those matches).

Meanwhile...

The Tigers play Carlton in Saturday morning, 11.30am at Ikon Park.

The game will be on digital radio on RSN Carnival - or streaming at rsn.net.au/digital-radio - for those that want to listen at home or on the walk/drive/train to the MCG.

B Lynch on $500k per season if you read into other boards lol!

Do you think we can get Taylor Harris from Carlton when our AFLW team joins, grew up a Tigers supporter.

The Tigers VFLW team won their practice match against the ADF Allstars.

Couldn't name any of the players, so can't really give much detail, but they played the Richmond way - screwed by the umpires but won anyway, lol. Really liked the game of our ruck, CHB and the HBF with African heritage. #81 in the midfield stood out, too.

Those positions fit pretty comfortably around the stars we've recruited for the AFLW.

Richmond's VFLW partner Port Melbourne play North Melbourne, 10am Saturday morning at Arden Street Oval. Free entry.

Selected Teams:

Game will be on WARFRadio.com from 9am to 12pm.

Richmond's VFLW partner Port Melbourne play North Melbourne, 10am Saturday morning at Arden Street Oval. Free entry.

Selected Teams:

Game will be on WARFRadio.com from 9am to 12pm.

Thanks CH.

Are the VFLW club squads available on line anywhere?

VFL.com.au had some pretty comprehensive data but this hasn't really been updated after the 2019 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, if you're planning on attending North Port Oval today at 2pm, you have to get your free tickets off the Port Melbourne Football Club website beforehand.

They are trialling that instead of QR Codes, so no (free) ticket, no entry.

Richmond's VFLW affiliate Port Melbourne plays Essendon at The Hangar, Melrose Drive, Tullamarine, this Saturday at 12:30pm (FREE ENTRY).

There will be a Youtube stream (link below teams) and a WARFRadio.com stream* from 12:30pm (if we make it from Carlton on time). Delay free at the ground on 89.1 FM if anyone who attends wants to listen (FM will start a few minutes into the first quarter)

ESSENDON VFLW
B16. T. Crook21. A. Morcom
HB8. E. Ashley-Cooper13. E. Hosking19. N. Julian
C42. J. Zanchetta9. M. Anthony18. K. Heil
HF22. N. MacDonald20. C. McIntosh24. R. Tierney
F10. E.Cornish4. M. Clifford
R30. S. Nalder3. S. Ford5. G. Nanscawen
INT14. D. Marshall1. C. Ugle23. A. Radford
44. F.Frew38. O. Manfre
EMG12. I. Currenti2. M. Trethowan15. L. Caruso
46. G. Elarmaly

PORT MELBOURNE VFLW
B23. Z McWhinney1. O Barton
HB22. A Peterson44. L Atkinson3. L De Gleria Cade
C5. H Fosbrooke10 S Locke32. K Adams
HF11. M Shaw48. S Reid59. S Dargan
F35 S Navarro27. E Harley
R17. B Winbanks28. S Molan18. K O’Keefe
INT14. L Grocock2. K Dudley19. C Ryan
24. J Joyce29. I Stutt
EMG7. R Niclasen30. M Briedis

Richmond's VFLW affiliate Port Melbourne plays Essendon at The Hangar, Melrose Drive, Tullamarine, this Saturday at 12:30pm (FREE ENTRY).

There will be a Youtube stream (link below teams) and a WARFRadio.com stream* from 12:30pm (if we make it from Carlton on time). Delay free at the ground on 89.1 FM if anyone who attends wants to listen (FM will start a few minutes into the first quarter)

ESSENDON VFLW
B16. T. Crook21. A. Morcom
HB8. E. Ashley-Cooper13. E. Hosking19. N. Julian
C42. J. Zanchetta9. M. Anthony18. K. Heil
HF22. N. MacDonald20. C. McIntosh24. R. Tierney
F10. E.Cornish4. M. Clifford
R30. S. Nalder3. S. Ford5. G. Nanscawen
INT14. D. Marshall1. C. Ugle23. A. Radford
44. F.Frew38. O. Manfre
EMG12. I. Currenti2. M. Trethowan15. L. Caruso
46. G. Elarmaly

PORT MELBOURNE VFLW
B23. Z McWhinney1. O Barton
HB22. A Peterson44. L Atkinson3. L De Gleria Cade
C5. H Fosbrooke10 S Locke32. K Adams
HF11. M Shaw48. S Reid59. S Dargan
F35 S Navarro27. E Harley
R17. B Winbanks28. S Molan18. K O’Keefe
INT14. L Grocock2. K Dudley19. C Ryan
24. J Joyce29. I Stutt
EMG7. R Niclasen30. M Briedis

Brilliant. Not expecting to come away with the points but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Georgia Nanscawen will be hard to stop. A monty to make the Dons inaugural AFLW team I think.

Port Melbourne through to the GF in the VFLW. I assume that with preseason in the AFLW starting all the Tigers listed players are no longer playing?
A couple sought exemptions to play in the finals but were knocked back. I think Stella Reid may have qualified, but didn't play finals so the only one I recognise is ex Tiger Emma Harley - all the Port girls have deserved their chance at the their first flag.

A couple sought exemptions to play in the finals but were knocked back. I think Stella Reid may have qualified, but didn't play finals so the only one I recognise is ex Tiger Emma Harley - all the Port girls have deserved their chance at the their first flag.
Charli ryan played 1-2 HA games that was about all

Charli ryan played 1-2 HA games that was about all
Charley Ryan played two games - a win against the Bombers and loss to Casey
Steph Williams played eight games
Stella Reid played five games - all wins
Amelia Peck played four games - all wins
Saraid Taylor played 7 games and who has since become a Demon (I think we might regret losing her - good basketball cross coder)

All the girls played together in Round 3

None have played any finals - Port have done it the hard way playing three finals, losing to Collingwood first up, then beating Carlton with Christina Bernardi playing for Carlton, then beating Essendon with Sophie Molan playing for Essendon.

This weekend Port play Collingwood in the VFLW Grand Final. This team genuinely earned the right and hopefully they win!

Last edited:
Charley Ryan played two games - a win against the Bombers and loss to Casey
Steph Williams played eight games
Stella Reid played five games - all wins
Amelia Peck played four games - all wins
Saraid Taylor played 7 games and who has since become a Demon (I think we might regret losing her - good basketball cross coder)

All the girls played together in Round 3

None have played any finals - Port have done it the hard way playing three finals, losing to Collingwood first up, then beating Carlton with Christina Bernardi playing for Carlton, then beating Essendon with Sophie Molan playing for Essendon.

This weekend Port play Collingwood in the VFLW Grand Final. This team genuinely earned the right and hopefully they win!
Surprised so few of the girls played so few VFLW games

Surprised so few of the girls played so few VFLW games
If you have observed Port Melb VFLW, it's about normal - they are an alignment, not Richmond. The standard is significantly different and pre-season training and game sim is far better.

If you have observed Port Melb VFLW, it's about normal - they are an alignment, not Richmond. The standard is significantly different and pre-season training and game sim is far better.
No doubt the pre season and game sim would be a better standard but the AFLW season is only ten games so even with the preseason that’s not a huge amount of football

I would have thought you’d try to play more games where you can in the next best comp

Understand they’re not full time athletes though so would need to prioritise work and study

No doubt the pre season and game sim would be a better standard but the AFLW season is only ten games so even with the preseason that’s not a huge amount of football

I would have thought you’d try to play more games where you can in the next best comp

Understand they’re not full time athletes though so would need to prioritise work and study
Interesting post, If the players become full time(unlikely ?)would that continue to improve the game 👍 The players themselves want more games do they not.