Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick question here. Last guernsey I bought was made by ISC, 3XL was my fit. Tight but not too small.

Any tips, based on experience, what size that would be in the CottonOn range of guernseys?
I've read that they're a typically smaller cut/fit, but when I check the size guide over at the Cats Shop, it still suggests 3XL.

(Size Guide)

Last edited:
Quick question here. Last guernsey I bought was made by ISC, 3XL was my fit. Tight but not too small.

Any tips, based on experience, what size that would be in the CottonOn range of guernseys?
I've read that they're a typically smaller cut/fit, but when I check the size guide over at the Cats Shop, it still suggests 3XL.

(Size Guide)

I'll preface this by adding, that as the guernseys are designed as mens/unisex fit, that as a gal, the sizing can be a bit off as we've got to take into account a couple of additional assets that aren't exactly factored in when designing mens clothing

Earlier today I looked back over my recent guernseys to see what sizes they've been & hope they compare between brands:

- Slazenger guernsey from the 00's, probably around 07 when I returned to Geelong. That was a size 2XL, and had the cloth arm bands - real different feel to the more recent designs

- ISC premiership guernsey from 2011/2012 (got the gold premiers logo after 11). That's a size XL, and it always felt baggy when I wore it. That was retired after the 2016 season when JB hung up the boots

- COAR guernsey purchased ahead of the 2017 season, and it's also an XL. I find it to be a comfortable fit over a t-shirt and in winter I'll even wear a long sleeve under the t-shirt (I must be getting old, as I used to go to the footy wearing jeans, a t-shirt & guernsey and never felt cold). I don't find it too baggy or too tight in terms of fit

Not sure if you have the opposition to get to the Cats Shop or a game to try on a guernsey - I'm not sure that sizing really has changed that much compared with the ISC branding, but sometimes it can be helpful to try on the range

Not sure if you have the opposition to get to the Cats Shop or a game to try on a guernsey - I'm not sure that sizing really has changed that much compared with the ISC branding, but sometimes it can be helpful to try on the range
Ex-Geelong local from birth, moved nearly a decade for work and then permanently away with my own family. Folks are still there, so while we visit it tends to be on weekends and sadly Cats shop isn't even open Saturday mornings like it was once upon a time. Otherwise 100% I always tended to just head in myself and buy from the source as I believe the club tends to get a little more for the coffers when buying direct from them.

Might need to just take a punt, buy it, and if it doesn't work out, give it to the folks to swap over in person. Thanks for the input, and yeah, the Mens seniors guernsey might stretch for "pecs", but yeah not for much else. lol

Long shot here but does anyone have any insight into if we can expect to see more hat styles made available at some point?

I was hoping to get a new hat this year but the hats they have available on the site are...well...rubbish and i need the fitted options anyway. I was hoping to see a 9fifty or 59fifty like they've done in the past but so far they only have the OSFA options for 2023.

I havent looked for awhile so not sure if the club has released more styles during the season or what we see now is what we get until 2024?

Long shot here but does anyone have any insight into if we can expect to see more hat styles made available at some point?

I was hoping to get a new hat this year but the hats they have available on the site are...well...rubbish and i need the fitted options anyway. I was hoping to see a 9fifty or 59fifty like they've done in the past but so far they only have the OSFA options for 2023.

I havent looked for awhile so not sure if the club has released more styles during the season or what we see now is what we get until 2024?
Pretty sure there may have been some released during the season, maybe not last season, but the season before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be REAL honest here, and it would be great if those in marketing at the club silently read these posts, considering we just won our first premiership in over a decade I think the merch has been sh*thouse! Not just the hats, but overall.

To those who remember the previous 3 flags they went pretty hard, and it wasn't all specific premiership/premier merch, but solid just Cats/GFC merch using both new logos (regular and player on-field) plus the vintage 80s Cat and earlier, etc. Lots of stuff with Ford (which I guess now might be on the nose post their exit from Australia along with the industry).

This time round it's like here's the stock AFL stuff (not to mention the disgrace they allowed to give our players Richmond inspired hats on the day), and a lot less than there once was. Sure the AFL does deserve a whack for a lot of it in the way they control the game, but the club has the position to also ark up!

So quick update, the Cotton On adult guernseys (at least the new 2023 ones) are MASSIVE compared to the ISC ones from last decade. I'll need o swap mine over.

I bought a 3XL which the ISC ones would fit nice and snug with a t-shirt underneath....the new Cotton On one...loosey goosey. Pulled out the measuring tape and can confirm that the 3XL ISC guernsey is the equivalent to a 2XL Cotton On. At least across the chest...these also feel a lot longer.

I find this a little odd as I could've sworn when the Cats first switched over they reportedly were a tighter fit (maybe that was the first-gen ones with the silly COAR branding),, or maybe they've since made them larger fits. Not sure.

Moral of the story, if you can get to the club (I couldn't/can't for some time) do so and try them on first.

PSA - new bobble heads

Moral of the story, if you can get to the club (I couldn't/can't for some time) do so and try them on first.
Can confirm if you're looking to buy the new Gold Logo premiers guernsey for season 2023 and you last wore an ISC jumper, go one size smaller for the same fit.
e.g. ISC 3XL == Cotton On XXL.

PSA - new bobble heads

I wish they did an Isaac smith norm smith one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back