GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashfield carrying on i don't know about that id like to hear of a time this year when ashfield have carried on.Also Jas King decided not to attend Country week this year after some work commitments and Ashfield coaching job time couldn't been found Im sure Kingy will be there next year.Kingy was picked and pulled out

Does Kingy always refer to himself in the third person?

Ventured out to watch Hesket V Asfield C grade on sat, I must say that young Zubrycki is still a gun, shame he got shafted by Woodend all those years ago, they could use him ATM i'm sure. One other thing I noticed is that the Ashfield boys sure can play angry. Their (senior) players sure could learn alot about sportsmanship. One Ashfield batsmen was given out LBW by a PAID and UNBIASED umpire and still had the gall to start trouble by yelling at the stand in Hesket captain as he walked off saying..."What a cheat you are by appealing for an LBW when I clearly had an inside edge". I have left obvious expletives out by the way. I must say though that the majority of the Ashfield blokes played within the required "spirit of the game", but FFS, I'm assuming that if it was a lower grade, said batsmen wouldnt have been given out, therefore no agro........Surely the rumours cant be true:rolleyes:.

A couple of years ago, a Gisborne player was very, very rightly skiting that the McIntyre premiership was the best day of his life. I wonder if that same player will be playing next year when Gisborne get relegated to B Grade. Interesting proposition on how many of the premiership year will be playing next year in B Grade? Thoughts anyone??????

Saw about 20 overs at Huntly today where the GDCA pegged back their rivals extremely well after Portland got off to a strong start. It looked as if 250+ was going to be Portland's score until handy spells from Heath Boffey and Pat Tyler.

The score of 200 certainly wasn't enough, but it seems our mob weren't up to the task. I didn't see any of our innings but apparently Portland had a fairly decent spinner.

The scores were: http://bendigocountryweek.com.au/match_scorecard.php?entry=281

Will be at tomorrow's match for a bit and will report back.

Our mob really got out of trouble today. Firstly Northern District won the toss and elected to field - unbelievable decision. It was deteriorating pitch that was keeping low from the first over. After a solid start to be 4/86 after about 20 overs, a score of 230 was on the cards. But a massive collapse by some poor batting against their left arm tweaker had us reeling at 8/127.

Jason Doric was out plumb LBW, giving the spinner a hat-trick. Just didn't get forward and was struck flush on the pads. The bloke ended with 5-60 off his 18 overs but was gifted at least three of those wickets. Two were from full tosses.

Anyway, a terrific ninth wicket partnership from Ryan Hughes and Jacob Brewer got us out of the s**t and allowed us to post 8/200. It looked to be enough if we bowled well.

Didn't see any of our boys bowl but the scorecard says it all. Came down to the last over and we just held on to a tense victory.

http://bendigocountryweek.com.au/match_scorecard.php?entry=284

With two wins from three matches, a win tomorrow will secure us a place in the final and a win there would put us back in div 1. A loss tomorrow might still see us sneak in, but a win would guarantee it.

We play Emu Valley at White Hills - has a pretty good deck generally. Emu Valley has a 1-2 record so they will be gunning hard knowing a win could also see them sneak into the final. Should be a fascinating day. Will post another update tomorrow.

The GDCA is just one victory away from a place in division one of Bendigo Country Week after winning another thriller against Emu Valley today.

Tomorrow they'll play Portland at Huntly in the final of div 2, the same venue Portland beat us at on Tuesday.

Will only get to see half a day of play but will report back the results ASAP. Would be good to see a few locals venture up the Calder to cheer on the boys. Its a good ground at Huntly and the weather is predicted to be perfect.

Today's scorecard was:
http://www.bendigocountryweek.com.au/match_scorecard.php?entry=289

Im really surprised by the lack of support for the One-day comp in the GDCA, I would have thought there would ahve been many that either only wanted to field for 40 overs or can't play everyweek.... Unless something changes I would be surprised if this is tried again next year...

Ashfield carrying on i don't know about that id like to hear of a time this year when ashfield have carried on.Also Jas King decided not to attend Country week this year after some work commitments and Ashfield coaching job time couldn't been found Im sure Kingy will be there next year.Kingy was picked and pulled out

Ashfield Who?????

Congrats to Daniel Salpietro for making his debut for Victoria in last nights 20/20 Big Bash.

He is the 5th Gisborne junior to represent the State this year.

Others

Tegan Orwin (Womens)
Jakson Knight (U17)
Jack Baker (U15)
Ryan Baker (U13)

Not much talk on hear fellas isn't there much happening i see Jay King is doing alright for the Country Week Lads. He's a Top Kid and a very handy Cricketer. Not much Ashfield talk lately.Lol:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much talk on hear fellas isn't there much happening i see Jay King is doing alright for the Country Week Lads. He's a Top Kid and a very handy Cricketer. Not much Ashfield talk lately.Lol:D
This season been a waste of time really with all the washouts etc. Hard to talk about stuff thats not even happening:mad:

This season been a waste of time really with all the washouts etc. Hard to talk about stuff thats not even happening:mad:

The GDCA need to get their s**t together and work out a system for washouts. It is not fair when 1 Team gets a results and the others don't. There should be a rule that says if 50% of the Mac's don't get a start then there can be no results for that round so that all games are equal.
God knows how the Kevin Sullivan Medal will work, i think a winner will come out of the teams that have got 1 or 2 more games in than the other teams.....
THOUGHTS??????:confused:

GDCA is a bit of a dinosaur. The weather was a bit unprecedented, compounded by the GF replay, however ‘the old boy clubs’ that run the comp have been found out to be seen as a little bit unorganised. To not have any policy in place for a GF replay or full round washout has come back to nip the league in the arse.

I have one of the following winning Sullivan medal
- Hughes (United)
- Grey
Both consistent and played in a lot of winning games.

Fisk is a no as he made so many runs in just one knock.

O’Loughlin – smokey

Hughes from (Riddell) – figures suggest he must have got lucky early or he is out of form now. Could have picked up 3 votes (ala) C Judd in consecutive games at the start of the season may make an interesting winner.

Flag winners- well I think there is a chance united have made room in the cabinet, but I reckon anyone in the top four can take it, with marsh providing good value.

B Grade – Sunbury, St Anthonys and the Woodsmen all hunting for a flag to send Gisborne packing, I guess the dragons are backing the Marsh to save them.

I reackon there has been loads to talk about, what about the wicket keeper who refuses to talk to the vice captain? Or the bowler who owes the Captain $50 but hasn't paid up ?

Bit quiet on here boys so this topic might get the forum cracking, If the GDCA was to pick a dream team with only 2 players from every grade, who would you pick and why?

Bit quiet on here boys so this topic might get the forum cracking, If the GDCA was to pick a dream team with only 2 players from every grade, who would you pick and why?
Just wondering if any club needs a coach/champion player for next season???? Please im begging you.....please take Rocket away from Woodend.

Just wondering if any club needs a coach/champion player for next season???? Please im begging you.....please take Rocket away from Woodend.

Bit harsh. Did score a very good 97 last week, probably should have been 99 considering I robbed him of two runs by calling a leg bye. Might have dropped a few chances on Saturday but still ended up with four stumpings and a catch. Was definitely the man of the match.

Bit harsh. Did score a very good 97 last week, probably should have been 99 considering I robbed him of two runs by calling a leg bye. Might have dropped a few chances on Saturday but still ended up with four stumpings and a catch. Was definitely the man of the match.
Yes Matt he looks after his own game and team very well, any other grade......good luck having a descent net or getting one at all. the general concensus isnt too flash. I know its a bit iffy having a personal crack but hey, he should be used to that by now

Yes Matt he looks after his own game and team very well, any other grade......good luck having a descent net or getting one at all. the general concensus isnt too flash. I know its a bit iffy having a personal crack but hey, he should be used to that by now
i agree with the Fazz on this one, generally the first teamers bat for ages and then everyone else faces kids etc. The money the club spends on a coach would be better served buying another bowling machine to enable everyone to get a proper bat.

1 day champions ROMSEY CRICKET CLUB smashed Lancefield rabble today you blokes were the best team all year, you did not need any specail concessions from the league, great to see a great team win well done to RICHO, MATT SHARP, FROSTY, AND ALL THE BOYS FROM THE REDBACKS YOU ARE THE CHAMPS is there any other grade you blokes in south TOOBORAC CAN DROP TO:confused: ;) read this friday FREE PRESS FOR MORE:thumbsu:

1 day champions ROMSEY CRICKET CLUB smashed Lancefield rabble today you blokes were the best team all year, you did not need any specail concessions from the league, great to see a great team win well done to RICHO, MATT SHARP, FROSTY, AND ALL THE BOYS FROM THE REDBACKS YOU ARE THE CHAMPS is there any other grade you blokes in south TOOBORAC CAN DROP TO:confused: ;) read this friday FREE PRESS FOR MORE:thumbsu:
Turned up at 3:30 to watch,no play going on, scoreboard said something like 3/30 odd off 14 overs, seemed like game was over.:confused: Was that all they were chasing??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back