GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

how about, "We dont give our batsmen out LBW cricket club":eek:

Because we do! Unlike some cheating cricket clubs in the league!
Unfortunatly the lower level grades have not taught their younger players or inexperienced players the rules of umpiring I would suggest Ashfields umpiring overall is somewhat more advanced than others.
Although there was a period of time when we had three grades and a couple of older players in our lowest grade did not umpire very well, I think you should be able to move on afterall that was 20 years ago!!:p

Unfortunatly the lower level grades have not taught their younger players or inexperienced players the rules of umpiring I would suggest Ashfields umpiring overall is somewhat more advanced than others.
Although there was a period of time when we had three grades and a couple of older players in our lowest grade did not umpire very well, I think you should be able to move on afterall that was 20 years ago!!:p

I have heard our lower grades complain bout Ashfield's umpiring a number of times. Not only with lbw's, but i have heard some of you guys don't like to give out caught behind either.

not much truth to anything you've written here.
Of course ashfield is your club and you will obviously defend them , but your kidding yourself saying the umpire issues were 20 yrs ago, they still go on and everyone who plays ashfield is well aware of this issue.
You say your lower level grades dont teach the kids, you only have two sides surely you could manage some time to teach them ?
Apart from anyone from your club you would be lucky to find a single person to back up your argument .... Give up !

The only way peoples perception of your forever name changing club will differ is when they see proof that it is changing and that will take a LONG time im tipping !

not much truth to anything you've written here.
Of course ashfield is your club and you will obviously defend them , but your kidding yourself saying the umpire issues were 20 yrs ago, they still go on and everyone who plays ashfield is well aware of this issue.
You say your lower level grades dont teach the kids, you only have two sides surely you could manage some time to teach them ?
Apart from anyone from your club you would be lucky to find a single person to back up your argument .... Give up !

Everyone in the GDCA is well aware of who umpires the majority of the overs in Ashfields 2nds games and most would respect his judgement and knowledge of the game and rules at every level. So your arguement does not carry much weight. The younger blokes who do umpire generally give people out because of there lack of knowledge not vice versa.
In all games in our league where there is no paid umpire I would hope there would be players prepared to walk if they knew they were out. But over the years I have only come across few occassions where that has not been the case in clear cut cases.
There will always be conjecture when teams umpire themselves, and I would prefer to be promoting good will rather than bad will, to enhance the image of our game in our community.
Goodluck to all clubs this year and lets hope we can get some cricket in soon!

Not much on the site isnt there much going on when theres nothing to talk about lets just bag Ashfield soft fellas soft just want to make a mention of Sticks fowler 100 runs today that might just get him back to country week

Not much on the site isnt there much going on when theres nothing to talk about lets just bag Ashfield soft fellas soft just want to make a mention of Sticks fowler 100 runs today that might just get him back to country week

Western- Interesting lack of use of commas and full stops. It is a tad unfair to pay out on one specific club, however, Ashfield do provide the comp with a lot of ammo and there can be no denying that!
Forecast for Saturday

Morning cloud. Winds southerly averaging up to 20 km/h.
City Centre
Morning cloud.
Min
Max

Going to get a result!

Kevin Sullivan market
S Grey 1.70
J Hughes 2.00
B Hanson 3.20
R Hughes 8.00
J King 10.00
W Hall? 16.00 - dont know much about this bloke?? Info welcomed.
B Jackman 20.00
B Morse 25.00
Any Marsh player - 15.00
Any Macedon player - 30.00
Any Romsey player - 20.00

Western- Interesting lack of use of commas and full stops. It is a tad unfair to pay out on one specific club, howver, Ashfield do provide the comp with a lot of ammo and their can be no denying that!
'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.''.'.'.'.'.'.''.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.''''''''''''''''''.........................''''''''''''''''''''''......happy'''''''.......

'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.''.'.'.'.'.'.''.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.''''''''''''''''''.........................''''''''''''''''''''''......happy'''''''.......
Waste of a post mate, but more of a waste whinging about people dissing Ashfield. Cant wait to see our C grade play them to be honest as their one dayer was washed out, the closer to finals, the more your blokes talk themselves up, the more they choke...................not out.....it was going down leg........pfft

With tomorrow looking like another wash out I have come up with an idea.
What if we were to play the rest of the season as one dayers, including the games that have been washed out, we play semi as one dayer, and instead of playing grand final as a 3 dayer, we have best of 3 one dayers.

Thoughts anyone?

Not bad thinking Iceman.

Although if that were to be implemented I'd like to see McIntyre and B-grade play 50 overs per side with a 12.30pm start.

With tomorrow looking like another wash out I have come up with an idea.
What if we were to play the rest of the season as one dayers, including the games that have been washed out, we play semi as one dayer, and instead of playing grand final as a 3 dayer, we have best of 3 one dayers.

Thoughts anyone?
Good idea, but i think you should have 1/4 finals aswell. Cause it will be down to luck who makes top 4 now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Much Happining On here fellas I like the idea of playing all 1 dayers just wish the weather was better Also like to inform Ashfield gave 2 lbw last weekend 1 was a hat trick. Ashfield 2nd team had a good day but the 1st have alot to be desired.Also Lozwilda Is it true u have made 2 tons 1 Left 1 Right Handed thats a fair eff whats going on at other clubs Rep Cricket soon to come.How did everyone find the 20/20

Not Much Happining On here fellas I like the idea of playing all 1 dayers just wish the weather was better Also like to inform Ashfield gave 2 lbw last weekend 1 was a hat trick. Ashfield 2nd team had a good day but the 1st have alot to be desired.Also Lozwilda Is it true u have made 2 tons 1 Left 1 Right Handed thats a fair eff whats going on at other clubs Rep Cricket soon to come.How did everyone find the 20/20

Who won the riddel macedon 20/20 game on Tuesday night? I heard the rep side beat bendigo for the first time on Sunday. Great effort by the boys.

Well we have given the most disliked cricketer in the GDCA a run for its money. Now its time for the most liked cricketer to be voted on. I'll get the ball rolling, suggesting that former Sunbury spearhead, now Rupertswood funny man HEATH BOFFEY is the man.

Flies the flag during country week and when he plays against our firsts he always seems to be friendly with them, staying back for a brew win/loss or draw.

Other thoughts?? Please avoid putting up players from you own club.

Entertaining Twenty20 final tonight - Riddell won by 4 wickets with 3 balls to spare.

BM were in a good positon to launch at a score of about 130/140 but lost something like 5-30 to finish with 118. Riddell scored 28 off the first 3 overs but then hit just 1 boundary in the next 9 overs, game evened right back up. Just when BM looked like they were on top of the runs required/balls remaining count, a couple of big sixes put Riddell back in the ascendancy. They needed 4 off the final over and hit a boundary off the third ball.

It has to be Warren Hall from Rupertswood. The bloke has never said a bad word about his opposition or his team mates from what I gather. He is a good honest bat and toughs it out in the middle while his team often gets skittled. All this and he can keep a smile on his face. He has also been known to drink with the best of them after the game late into the night.

Oh my god, ashfield...............learn the rules of the game (c grade) Embarrasing for your club to carry on like that:thumbsdown:

What happened?? Speaking of Ashfield it appears the favourite son in JasKing failed to make the squad.

Pat Tyler (c) (Sunbury)
Cam Calyton (vc) (Riddell)
Matt Bell (Wallan)
Rob Belcher (Macedon)
Matt Botten (Sunbury)
Warren Else (Woodend)
Dan Fisk (Riddell)
Heath Boffey (Rupertswood)
Jay King (Rupertswood)
Ryan Hughes (Riddell)
Mick Sammut (Riddell)
Mark Hourigan (East Sunbury)
Jacob Brewer (Sunbury)
Peter Cullen (Manager)
Ron Smith (Scorer)

Would be interesting to see the selection criteria for this one. Looks like it would be a fun week anyway!!

A few of GDCA's favourite sons playing (and managing).

Ashfield carrying on i don't know about that id like to hear of a time this year when ashfield have carried on.Also Jas King decided not to attend Country week this year after some work commitments and Ashfield coaching job time couldn't been found Im sure Kingy will be there next year.Kingy was picked and pulled out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back