Review GBU vs collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does Crouch have such low TOG consistently?

Can he not physically run out a game anymore, or his lack of run and spread become an increasingly high liability through the course of a game. That must have a huge impact on rotations for the other players in the midfield have to play more minutes to cover for him.

If he can’t play 80% TOG week in week out then he shouldn’t be playing!

That last 5 mins is a bloody tough watch.

Our decision making when we are leading the game is awful, dump kicks to their advantage. Our talls are not good contested marks so why do we persist?

I say when leading the game but its the same when chasing the game. Dump dump dump.

When are we going to come up with a gameplan to avoid this? Its one of our biggest achilles heels.

Yet it all pales in comparison to Keays. The guy is not up to standard and his decision at the end is ****ing unforgivable. Play that on the big screen at training. The only thing in his defence is that he is such a shit disposal guy that he wouldve missed Laird anyway. Should be a delist.

Bounce should be abolished from the game, it's quite pointless. Only makes players dispose of the ball even quicker. If a player can hold it in their hands and avoid their opponents, they should be able to without worrying about bouncing an oblong shaped ball on some grass.

Good
Butts played well, definitely to do with his haircut.
Rankine was sublime.
Dawson was good
Thought Hamill fought pretty well.
Nank had some nice moments

Bad
Jones
Smith
Tex - shouldnt of played. Looked injured and rarely wanted to kick it

Ugly
Rob - can't stand watching him. Simply our most infuriating player.
Nicks for subbing Sholl
Laird - don't care how many touches he gets, he is terrible and refuses to sheppard. Streaming out of the middle and instead of finding a target or going deep inside 50, he slices it to 2 Collingwood players at half forwars.

Losing a close game has become expected from this group of coaches and players.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we stop blaming goal decisions, umpire decisions.

We lost this because we don’t seem to have any plan to kill a contest when we are in front in a close game.

We lack composure and that is on the coaches.

And have I mentioned heck off Laird.
How disturbing to hear it reported that we trained for this particular scenario during the week.

Still can’t believe he subbed Sholl, like if you wanted proof Nicks is a ******* idiot, his sub decisions show no feel for the game

Sholl has been pretty good the last month. Nank could be potentially a star.
It's a rotating roster of the sub, Nicks is a dumb cnut.

I could coach the club for $100k, we wouldnt be any lower

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly what I thought watching it. Looks like cheating to me. Should have been umpire's call, whatever that was.
ROB actually hit it forward across the line.
Have they changed it to the line or the padding?
The line is in line with the goal post and not the padding?
The ball is completely past the post/line in that still frame.
But wtf is obrien not starting from behind the line and jump forward?

Can he not physically run out a game anymore, or his lack of run and spread become an increasingly high liability through the course of a game. That must have a huge impact on rotations for the other players in the midfield have to play more minutes to cover for him.

Crouch sucks. He can't kick. He doesn't chase
How the f*** he is out there at all is a mystery

Laird is awful.
Crouch has regressed to his norm.
Smith is absolutely cooked.

Yet we will weld these people on to the team for at least another year. We can’t help ourselves. Should be phasing them out by now
Crouch has been good imo.

Issue is Laird shouldn't be in the midfield with Crouch. Should move him to Smith's half back flank & leave Smith out.

We lost because, once again, there's too many players that lack composure. Keays going for glory instead of passing off to anyone of three free players would have iced 30 seconds off the clock. Instead, it's a turnover and a coast-to-coast goal to de Goey.

That's the game, if Keays had any composure, then the free against Rankine doesn't happen.

Some people were trying to convince themselves Keays wasn't a selfish player earlier this year.

He absolutely is. Inside 50 he is without a doubt the most selfish player on our list

He and Laird can't work together?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was the Schultz goal actually a goal? At the ground they just showed a still picture of it touched over the line. I'd like to have seen the frame prior to the one they showed.
This. It was clearly touched before the frame they used. The first vision showed it was touched with the ball not quite past the post. Very close not definitive and debatable. It should have been umpires call which was touched behind.

Good:
Rankine - almost single-handedly won it. Would have been credited with doing so if it hadn’t been for the complete choke job by several teammates.

Dawson - was shithouse early but really came into his own after half time.

Hamill - very good game by Will. As much as I’m not convinced by his long-term value, I thought his selection today made sense against a midget forward line, and he played one of the better games of his career.

Murphy - I’ll be honest I generally can’t stand Murphy as a player, but today he was really quite good. Certainly cemented the fact that he has a lot more to offer than McHenry.

Butts - here’s another guy I generally don’t rate. Thought he was very solid today, albeit on a horrendous opponent.

Cook - there is no better ball user on our list not named Rankine. Time to play him full time on a wing.

Bad:
Chayce Jones - lacing out Pies, making terrible decisions, predictably missing a set shot in the 4th, over-running the ball. These are not things that a top 10 pick should be doing at this stage. Complete bust, AND being played horribly out of position on a wing. Back pocket or SANFL. NOW.

Laird - deserves to be in the “ugly” section. Literally every one of his possessions today was a disaster. I’m not counting the blatant throw that wasn’t called. He’s lucky Daicos sprayed everything to lessen the impact of his incompetence.

Keays - while his impact in slowing Pendlebury down after a hot start was important, most times he touched the ball were a disaster zone. Has no skill. No poise.

McHenry - zero impact as sub. Not an AFL player.

Smith - how can someone so experienced make the wrong decision so many times every single game? Get him out of the team for crying out loud.

O’Brien - speaking of terrible decision makers, ROB continues to get worse and worse in this area. Yes ROB, a left foot snap from you out of defensive 50, that’s the answer. Yes ROB, tap it to Daicos on the move again. Yes ROB, you calling for the ball and then heaving it 40m to a nest of Pies in the 4th is exactly what we need. Yes ROB, blaze away for goal and lose us the game instead of dishing it off. This is not leadership group material and is a classic example of a player who simply cannot play within their own limitations.

Ugly:
Rankine’s injury

Subbing off a running player

Dropping Curtin

Refusing to debut or adequately develop Ryan, Taylor or Dowling despite players in their positions playing consistently terrible football

Another honourable loss, for the exact same reasons as always, which is the ineptitude of senior players and supposed leaders with no composure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back