Club Focus Fremantle 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

We have Draper and Bryan coming through, both have shown a lot, and Marshall is pretty good.

Your club is in bigger need for him.

TDK is staying and Pittonet will be back soon.

Not prepared for us to give up another first round pick for a ruckman (which is what it would take)

May not be that late
They're playing finals so even if you're generous thats pick 11 before probably at least 2 and maybe 3 academy bids so lets say 13 at best.

And whilst with the age of their list they could absolutely fall off a cliff next year you'd have lost a lot of money betting on that for the last 15 years so I'm treating their future 1st as the same.

2 x 13 - I don't think that would do it. We are clearly better with him in the team and well sick of losing players every off season.

They're playing finals so even if you're generous thats pick 11 before probably at least 2 and maybe 3 academy bids so lets say 13 at best.

And whilst with the age of their list they could absolutely fall off a cliff next year you'd have lost a lot of money betting on that for the last 15 years so I'm treating their future 1st as the same.

2 x 13 - I don't think that would do it. We are clearly better with him in the team and well sick of losing players every off season.
I think 2 x 11 isnt far off the mark

If he really wants to get to Geelong he probably goes as a FA, I can't see them having the currency Freo would ask for this year. They'll still be able to match the deal and force a trade next year right?
He's a RFA next year, and we would almost certainly match whatever offer Geelong throw at him, so yeah if he did want to leave there is zero incentive to do it now. Especially when the club keeps publicising and pushing the "flag by 2025" goal.

He's a RFA next year, and we would almost certainly match whatever offer Geelong throw at him, so yeah if he did want to leave there is zero incentive to do it now. Especially when the club keeps publicising and pushing the "flag by 2025" goal.
Fremantle and the coach would never do it

Its a pointless discussion, really

Hear me out

Should Fremantle be offering Tim Kelly and the eagles a deal for the right price

I know they have mids, most arent overly explosive or are a bit one paced. Some are young in there 2nd year and versatile enough to start elsewhere. Speaking to most freo mates they say theyre missing a midfielder that can explode from the contest

Freo i believe could afford his cap and maybe the eagles cant reach the minimum 95% cap without him, but if they can

Would an F2 or pick 21 get it done?
Would freo be prepared to offer that?
Would eagles accept that?

Its just a bit of lateral thinking

Is this idea, just a NO?

Last edited:
Hear me out

Should Fremantle be offering Tim Kelly and the eagles a deal for the right price

I know they have mids, most arent overly explosive or are a bit one paced. Some are young in there 2nd year and versatile enough to start elsewhere. Speaking to most freo mates they say theyre missing a midfielder that can explode from the contest

Freo i believe could afford his cap and maybe the eagles cant reach the minimum 95% cap without him, but if they can

Would an F2 and pick 21 get it done?

Is this idea, just a NO?
Why do I feel you’ve bought this up before?

Freo are not paying two second round picks for a 30 year old when we’re trying to get games into our young mids + young’s moved to the middle too.

Why do I feel you’ve bought this up before?

Freo are not paying two second round picks for a 30 year old when we’re trying to get games into our young mids + young’s moved to the middle too.
Maybe the going price is wrong, i thought he was younger

Maybe a straight 2nd either this or next? Or do Freo still say no to that?

I dont think Young is necessarily locked into the midfield, his footy across half back is awesome aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear me out

Is this idea, just a NO?
Wouldn’t mind it at all TBH but eagles and freo don’t deal with each other, especially not with players of that stature

Hear me out

Is this idea, just a NO?
Kelly hates Fremantle.

Hear me out

Is this idea, just a NO?
Straight swap for Omeara.

OK, so what's up with Fremantle? Lachie Schultz now wants out. Seems to be a consistent bleeding of players the last couple of years, notwithstanding their coup in grabbing Jackson from Melbourne.

Honest question for Freo fans - as a GWS fan I know (and hate) that feeling - why is it happening now?

OK, so what's up with Fremantle? Lachie Schultz now wants out. Seems to be a consistent bleeding of players the last couple of years, notwithstanding their coup in grabbing Jackson from Melbourne.

Honest question for Freo fans - as a GWS fan I know (and hate) that feeling - why is it happening now?
Because players don't want to sit through a 6 year rebuild like 2016-21.

Again... savour those finals you play when you can

only 8 finals spots and 10 teams miss out every year.

also is he contracted? i know he hit a trigger but does that mean he's automatically resigned or did it create an option?

Odd choice imo, he's an underrated player but there's Hill, Ginivan and elliott in his position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back