Club Focus Fremantle 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Mod note: referring to Matt Taberner

Where to from here? Has been subbed out both games so far this season. Seems to be lost in the mix now with Jackson and Darcy are trying to play together.

UFA in 18 months time. Will Fremantle make a move this season? Cant see him being there in 2024 at this rate.

Would the Swans make a play for some support for Logan Mcdonald once Buddy finishes up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unless Pickett, Logan McDonald or Naughton wants out, would love us to do nothing trade wise.

Just pick the best forwards we can

Freo may want to try trade back into the first round this year (if possible)

Your list probably needs more than a KPF to solve its current issues.

Freo may want to try trade back into the first round this year (if possible)

Your list probably needs more than a KPF to solve its current issues.
What do you think it needs? I think we've got a pretty good first 26 or so players

What's the glaring hole in our list for you? KPF seems like the only thing for mine

What do you think it needs? I think we've got a pretty good first 26 or so players

What's the glaring hole in our list for you? KPF seems like the only thing for mine

Your backline/defence has seemed to be exposed quite a bit in the opening two rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mature wing to cover the loss of Acres would be very beneficial until one of the kids comes on.

Every man and his dog knows Freo needs a capable KPF, so there's no point in beating that drum in this thread.

Potentially the team's missing the absence of Mundy more than they realised, also.

A mature wing to cover the loss of Acres would be very beneficial until one of the kids comes on.

Every man and his dog knows Freo needs a capable KPF, so there's no point in beating that drum in this thread.

Potentially the team's missing the absence of Mundy more than they realised, also.
Get noddy back and the wing is covered, must admit I thought JOM was gonna slot into that role though, might still come later

Get noddy back and the wing is covered, must admit I thought JOM was gonna slot into that role though, might still come later
Yeah NOD looks pretty good there.

JOM's an interesting one. I remember the hype over him when drafted but injuries certainly cruelled his career.

Kicked a couple of nice snags on the weekend. Perhaps he'll end up finding a niche on HFF?

Freo needs/wants 2023

1. KPP talent/depth to phase out Taberner, avenues to goal
2. Midfield variety, another big body
3. Kozzie Pickett
4. A strong, gut running wingmen who tackles well, wins his own ball, has a long penetrating kick, works hard in defence and doesn’t break the bank

Freo needs/wants 2023

1. KPP talent/depth to phase out Taberner, avenues to goal
2. Midfield variety, another big body
3. Kozzie Pickett
4. A strong, gut running wingmen who tackles well, wins his own ball, has a long penetrating kick, works hard in defence and doesn’t break the bank
1. Yeah
2. Johnson and Erasmus to perform at peel and work their way in
3. We have plenty of Small's, Pickett would be a luxury but Schulz, switta, Sturt, Freddy, Walters are all talented enough
4. Noddy when he comes back from injury

A strong, gut running wingmen when not injured ,who tackles well players half his size , wins his own ball every now and again ,has a long up and under kick, works hard in defence when it’s a contract year and doesn’t like hearing footsteps
There, Just made a few more accurate adjustments for you 😉

Freo's biggest need is their lack of genuine medium forwards for me. I think that's the reason behind Corbett. I'd be surprised if they weren't massively into Nic Martin, maybe not this year but definitely in the next few.

Needs IMO:

KPF - i'm not all together sure this is as desperate a need as many think assuming Amiss continues to track nicely. He just looks a bonafide star IMO so as long as we can compliment him we are on the right path.
Small defender - we need our 2020s Roger Hayden. It will become more evident after Rankine absolutely tears our small defenders a new a-hole this weekend.
KPD Depth - we have literally three key defenders on our list by my count. In pretty desperate need of a mature ager to act as coverage.
Midfielders - we have what we need on our list IMO with Erasmus, O'Driscoll and MJ coming through. Assuming they live up to their potential we are totally fine in this space but if they don't we desperately will need some cover.

Needs IMO:

KPF - i'm not all together sure this is as desperate a need as many think assuming Amiss continues to track nicely. He just looks a bonafide star IMO so as long as we can compliment him we are on the right path.
Small defender - we need our 2020s Roger Hayden. It will become more evident after Rankine absolutely tears our small defenders a new a-hole this weekend.
KPD Depth - we have literally three key defenders on our list by my count. In pretty desperate need of a mature ager to act as coverage.
Midfielders - we have what we need on our list IMO with Erasmus, O'Driscoll and MJ coming through. Assuming they live up to their potential we are totally fine in this space but if they don't we desperately will need some cover.
KPF we are heavily relying on Treacy/amiss

Lockdown small, walker is the one for our future, showerd plenty of promise so far

3 ready kpd and then 2 developing in Davies and Draper, we also have Ryan/Hughes and even young can play taller

Mids I agree, plenty on the list just need development

Remove this Banner Ad

Back