Five Players Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Always sad to see players go, especially given (you would hope) they've tried their absolute guts out for the club in an attempt to make it as an AFL footballer unfortunately for them they have fallen short. At North Melbourne anyways. Best of luck for your future boys and especially Lower and Ross have a good chance of being picked up elsewhere if not, would be more than welcome on our rookie list (in my view).

Ed Lower won't be picked up. Can't play footy on that knee! He was unfortunately, a victim of a serious injury!!

Surely McKinley and Urquhart would be first to go, and neither of them have been delisted, but Ross had? Does not sense make.

Anyway, here's what I think of all of them:
-Ed Lower: Pretty harsh. Pretty good player, but we have too many of his kind. I'm sad to see him go.
-Brayden Norris: I don't know much about him but from what I hear all he needed was time.
-Ben Ross: Extremely, incredibly, ridiculously stiff. So stupid by the list managers.
-Marcus White: Maybe the right decision. His tweets are funny at least.
-Matthew Scott: Seems incredibly morally lacking to delist a player after he gets a bad injury.

-Matthew Scott: Seems incredibly morally lacking to delist a player after he gets a bad injury.

If that was the case, everyone in a bit of trouble should just do a knee to make sure they survive.
I liked the look of Matty Scott, but if the club doesn't reckon he's good enough then it's pointless him taking the spot of another kid that can be worth a go.

Ross still only 22 years old as well. Can't believe he wasn't given a shot at all this year.. Not even one game considering he played some very good games in the VFL.
Must have been completely out of favour for one reason or another.

Sheedy is probably already eyeing both off as potential pick ups. Both have a fair bit of footy left in them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F***.

We knew the club was going to make some hard choices but it doesnt make it any easier reading these guys are gone. Cant imagine how they would of felt sitting in the meeting and hearing "<Name>... Im sorry but"

Really hope we rookie Ross.

Surely McKinley and Urquhart would be first to go, and neither of them have been delisted, but Ross had? Does not sense make.

Anyway, here's what I think of all of them:
-Ed Lower: Pretty harsh. Pretty good player, but we have too many of his kind. I'm sad to see him go.
-Brayden Norris: I don't know much about him but from what I hear all he needed was time.
-Ben Ross: Extremely, incredibly, ridiculously stiff. So stupid by the list managers.
-Marcus White: Maybe the right decision. His tweets are funny at least.

McKinley and Urquhart are both contracted for another season

I'm sure we will all cheer on whoever gets picked up by another club in any of the drafts. I will be rapt if all of them are given another chance either with us or elsewhere. I am shattered that Ed's, Whitey's and Rossy's career were ruined by injury.
Scott and Norris are young and hopefully they tear it up in the VFL finals and find themselves a new AFL home. It's a brutal business the AFL.

Thanks for bleeding blue and white guys!
Respect :thumbsu:

Ross still only 22 years old as well. Can't believe he wasn't given a shot at all this year.. Not even one game considering he played some very good games in the VFL.
Must have been completely out of favour for one reason or another.

Sheedy is probably already eyeing both off as potential pick ups. Both have a fair bit of footy left in them

I get the feeling he wasn't given a game in round 24 because those in charge didn't want a reason to keep him on the list.

Hope he gets rookied.

Anthony Warren Lower and Ross are all on par. Why delist the latter 2 rather than the first?
Urquhart and McKinley should thank their managers they have another year to go on their contracts.
Pratty i presume will follow Rawlings' lead and after VFL finals bow out??
It supposedly is a weak draft so with the rookie elevations weve put in and these delistings how are we shaping come draft day???
Id rookie Lower and Ross as backups. Tell them theres limited opportunities but with the success of the current rookies heres the last shot. I didnt think the club banked on the success of so many players outside the list.

I guess the standards are high at the club at the moment. The depth is great, and no room for battlers. May sound harsh, but that's reality.

Given the draft is compromised and shallow, we are probably looking at promoting Delaney, Maj, Mullet and Pedo has already been promoted.

Ross is the only one slightly hard done by. Urq and McKinley saved by their contracts, but both would be very unlikely to last past 2012. May even be traded to GWS if there is any interest, McKinley especially.

Anthony Warren Lower and Ross are all on par. Why delist the latter 2 rather than the first?
Urquhart and McKinley should thank their managers they have another year to go on their contracts.
Pratty i presume will follow Rawlings' lead and after VFL finals bow out??
It supposedly is a weak draft so with the rookie elevations weve put in and these delistings how are we shaping come draft day???
Id rookie Lower and Ross as backups. Tell them theres limited opportunities but with the success of the current rookies heres the last shot. I didnt think the club banked on the success of so many players outside the list.

Ross a victim of us having a high number of smaller quick players.
Lower's knee is finished
Warren is a medium forward and Anthony is a rare commodity of height and speed in a midfielder. Needs to improve disposal and you have an Embley type!

F***.

We knew the club was going to make some hard choices but it doesnt make it any easier reading these guys are gone. Cant imagine how they would of felt sitting in the meeting and hearing "<Name>... Im sorry but"

Really hope we rookie Ross.

Do you honestly think they did it that way??
Bullschit!! Brad no doubt would have spoken to them eye to eye.....I would expect nothing less!
Condolences to those who must move on but thats what its all about moving forward, if we don't, we as a club won´t move forward. Its as simple as that!! 2011 we improved as a club but there were 8 other clubs who improved better than us this year and its Brad´s job to coach and to manage the playing list, obviously with the help of others. Football is an emotional game but at times emotion needs to be taken out of the equation to achieve the results we all are wishing for.

I expect Milky will get traded out and if it doesn't eventuate, will be a late delisting.

Urquhart will likely get shopped around too but kept if he can't find a new home.

Sad news for the lads moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back