Sim Feature Requests, Suggestions & Bug Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Mobbs with the lack of footy being played I was wondering if it’s possible to have 4/5/6 players on the bench? IRL I manage/look after/ run two footy teams that all have an intellectual disability. The lack of footy obviously has them down somewhat and was thinking maybe a Qooty game so they could see their name and stats might be slightly enjoyable for them. The thing with the All Abilities football is we play 23/4/5 a side there isn’t really a rule on team size so I was wondering if I can name them all? If not I can probably do two or three games to get everyone a game or two.

ClarkeM thoughts/answers/suggestions seeing as you know what I am on about?

*I haven’t done any looking into this or even downloaded the sim to start with I’m sorry if my answer is already out there

Mobbs with the lack of footy being played I was wondering if it’s possible to have 4/5/6 players on the bench? IRL I manage/look after/ run two footy teams that all have an intellectual disability. The lack of footy obviously has them down somewhat and was thinking maybe a Qooty game so they could see their name and stats might be slightly enjoyable for them. The thing with the All Abilities football is we play 23/4/5 a side there isn’t really a rule on team size so I was wondering if I can name them all? If not I can probably do two or three games to get everyone a game or two.

ClarkeM thoughts/answers/suggestions seeing as you know what I am on about?

*I haven’t done any looking into this or even downloaded the sim to start with I’m sorry if my answer is already out there
Not bad. Multiple games easier I think.

Can always copy and paste a pre-existing high scoring game, find and replace all names to both teams and then pad the stats of the low possession getters like the BP’s etc.

Also that’s a great thing for you to do crowy, just as an aside
I taught him everything he knows ;)

Sim pretty firmly has 20 slots mate so multiple games might be the solution unless Mobbs has a work in progress QOOTY that allowed more
Also that’s a great thing for you to do crowy, just as an aside
Cheers as I said I did absolutely no research or downloading of the sim to investigate I was just playing around here and thought it might be something to do.

It’s a great gig to be honest. A lot of credit goes to the people that worked in the position before (that includes ClarkeM) who got a good thing up and running and now I just roll with it and get them out there. Plenty of opportunities these days which is great and the introduction of the Geelong team and the Cats getting on board has just exposed what we do so much more. Much like everyone else they are getting cabin fever so I thought whilst it’s not a real game it’s about as close as we can get at the minute. Will just have to work out where to post the game when I do it.

I’ve got a better idea Crowwy.
Get the AFL game on PS4, make all players. Use Richmond and GWS (if you can edit names then good) and record the game for them with long quarters so stats are high.

I’ve got a better idea Crowwy.
Get the AFL game on PS4, make all players. Use Richmond and GWS (if you can edit names then good) and record the game for them with long quarters so stats are high.
I would if the PS didn’t s**t itself two weeks ago.

I would if the PS didn’t sh*t itself two weeks ago.
I reckon visual would be better.
A lot of the participants have learning difficulties so I’m not sure if layers of text will be rewarding for them, if you get me.

A lot of the participants have learning difficulties so I’m not sure if layers of text will be rewarding for them, if you get me.
No I get you. I would have recorded a PlayStation game for sure. But I don’t have a PlayStation atm so it’s a little hard. Mainly on me not having a PlayStation

I might sim it and commentate it myself Or the main parts anyway post to socials and then have the stat sheet available doctor the stats a little in case there are some donuts etc.

Awesome stuff ce, love it! Unfortunately as said one of the basic hardest parts of the code is the 20-player team. Would need an entirely new game to change that. Multiple matches is the best option if using Qooty.
Cheers I thought I’d be asking the impossible but all good I’ll be able to work something out with it for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might even be worth throwing up to the other teams to see if their teams would be interested. Qooty to go mainstream!
I’ll trial a 3 match WW vs GG then maybe open up to BB as they have gotten an old face back. I’ll see how it goes first.

Hey Mobbs ...I swear I used to be good at the program back when I simmed a few seasons...but I keep hitting the same wall when trying to select an abbreviated name. I put in the team name as Season17, then when it goes to give it a short name I cant leave it as that because of an error so I have to space out the letters after typing S17, then it just spits at me that it must only contain letters and numbers...Im assuming the spaces upset the program, but how do I remove the original word that doesnt agree with the program?

Hey Mobbs ...I swear I used to be good at the program back when I simmed a few seasons...but I keep hitting the same wall when trying to select an abbreviated name. I put in the team name as Season17, then when it goes to give it a short name I cant leave it as that because of an error so I have to space out the letters after typing S17, then it just spits at me that it must only contain letters and numbers...Im assuming the spaces upset the program, but how do I remove the original word that doesnt agree with the program?
Very very confusing question.
You are required to enter two versions of a name for a team. A full name and a truncated (8 character maximum) name.
If you just press enter on the second query, the game will just shorten your full name to 8 characters, to create the second version.
Then the game will also add a 3-letter abbreviation version based on the first 3 characters of the second version.

What are the two versions of the team name you are trying to enter?
For example, this could be the entries: Season17 = SEASON17 = SEA

Very very confusing question.
You are required to enter two versions of a name for a team. A full name and a truncated (8 character maximum) name.
If you just press enter on the second query, the game will just shorten your full name to 8 characters, to create the second version.
Then the game will also add a 3-letter abbreviation version based on the first 3 characters of the second version.

What are the two versions of the team name you are trying to enter?
For example, this could be the entries: Season17 = SEASON17 = SEA

So I had a league called Rookie Rumble 2020
First team was called Season16, and just left it as that for the second...
Second team was Season17 but couldnt just let that auto shorten because Sea=sea, so I deleted all the letters and put in S17...But it just kept telling me I couldnt include non-letter or numbers...I assumed because it counted the spaces I used to remove the original Season17 in the field?

Ive just changed the team names now to just flat out S16, S17, S18 etc, and now the second option automatically makes it the same and accepts it because its different enough.

Im sure last time I had a similar issue I found a way around it but Ive forgotten how...

Ok yeah the fact you have the same first three characters in each name will not fly with Qooty. It wants to make abbreviations and won't allow them to be identical (for obvious reasons).

It sounds like you manually edited the team name data. Yep, if you do that you can end up in a world of hurt. I'd need to know the exact file names and contents to examine that for you and give you a procedure for backtracking to something which worked. This approach worked for Apollo 13 however Qooty is comparatively complicated.

If future your best bet is to wear the hit when it won't allow the name, and sacrifice continuity for the ability to function. Season17 might need to be followed by Ssn18 or something like this. Or purge the league and re-enter it all with team names like Seventeen and Eighteen.

Nevertheless, it sounds like you did fiddlefart around with it to a successful end, in which case, more power to you!

Yes these names work as the abbreviated versions (being also S16, S17 etc) are all individually identifiable as separate team names!

So when I name the team, say, Season16, and then it auto fills the abbreviated section with Season16 as well...How do I delete that second Season16 to just put in S16? Thats where it keeps telling me I have invalid characters :(

So when I name the team, say, Season16, and then it auto fills the abbreviated section with Season16 as well...How do I delete that second Season16 to just put in S16? Thats where it keeps telling me I have invalid characters :(
Just type over it. Don't worry about the characters which are still there. They won't be retained unless you retyped them.
So if you have Season16,
the next line will suggest SEASON16
Type S16
It will look like S16SON16
Press Enter and it will capture only what you typed (S16). the rest is just heritage text that is shown at the start but not retained.
I guess you were spacing it all out and the game was freaking about the spaces you'd entered.
I'm not very good.

Just type over it. Don't worry about the characters which are still there. They won't be retained unless you retyped them.
So if you have Season16,
the next line will suggest SEASON16
Type S16
It will look like S16SON16
Press Enter and it will capture only what you typed (S16). the rest is just heritage text that is shown at the start but not retained.
I guess you were spacing it all out and the game was freaking about the spaces you'd entered.
I'm not very good.

Ooooooooooooooooh YES THAT makes more sense! I swear I used to know that but was bashing my head against it this time going "BAD QOOTY LETTERS NO THERE GRRR" but yes no, THAT makes much more logical sense! Im no coder myself, but if I was I would probably do the exact same thing for a DOS based program like Qooty!

Love ya Mobbs, thanks for clearing that up!

Suggestion:
When a substitution takes place or a change of positions, is it possible to include the positions in the commentary?
Bumping this again, it's on my mind. Would be really keen to see this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back