Universal Love Favourite Carlton Moments/Games/Plays from Past Games 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

The original thread pre-dates me I think, I'd love to see a few tubes of people's fave players & games - this one is from 2007 - the late, great clinton grybas suggests "believe it folks, it's real - the blues are back"............um............

Last edited:
Any time we beat *.

'99 Prelim (see above).

Smashing * in Elimination Final when Warnock put on a clinic in the ruck (lol) (see above).

Any time Fev turned it on (the Crows game where he snapped in the last quarter and kicked that ripper from the boundary, plus the comeback defeats of * and Collingwood).

Numerous games from '95 thanks to watching Ballistic Blues vid non-stop as a 10yo.

• Banned
I have many but I just keep going back to the 99 prelim. The opponent, the atmosphere and euphoria afterwards, the after game drinks at the Hilton, the demise of kennett, spent every cent we had and walked home to the northern suburbs.

• Banned
I have many but I just keep going back to the 99 prelim. The opponent, the atmosphere and euphoria afterwards, the after game drinks at the Hilton, spent every cent we had and walked home to the northern suburbs.
Well said. All of that and witnessing perhaps the greatest quarter of football ever played by an individual.

Great thread idea thylacine60

Round 22, 1987. Us Vs North

Seems appropriate given its importance to both that year's premiership and how this year's played out.

Also the game where Skinny Lappin kicked 5 including an outrageous soccer goal from the boundary.

Took a mate to this game, his first ever game. The next week he was a member with Skinny's number on his back.

Unlike myself he hasn't had a single year lapse in his membership since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ‘95 grand final. Just an amazing team that was a joy to watch. So many career defining personal games that day too. Kernahan and Diesel showed what true champions they were. Kouta and Ratten showed us they were about to become champions, Camporeale’s goal was a sign too. Bradley, Madden, Dean, Sexton just terrific and the greatest defender I’ve seen completely blanketed the greatest player I’ve seen. Still warms my heart to this day. Watching a Blues premiership with my grandfather, dad and brother all at once is something special too and something that won’t happen again for me.

The ‘95 grand final. Just an amazing team that was a joy to watch. So many career defining personal games that day too. Kernahan and Diesel showed what true champions they were. Kouta and Ratten showed us they were about to become champions, Camporeale’s goal was a sign too. Bradley, Madden, Dean, Sexton just terrific and the greatest defender I’ve seen completely blanketed the greatest player I’ve seen. Still warms my heart to this day. Watching a Blues premiership with my grandfather, dad and brother all at once is something special too and something that won’t happen again for me.

Earls Smother deserves a mention.

Great thread idea thylacine60

Round 22, 1987. Us Vs North

Seems appropriate given its importance to both that year's premiership and how this year's played out.

was there, wicker.............can't talk about this game enough.........

• an absolute goalfest - memory says 20 goals apiece
  • rode sticks' goal home from behind the posts
  • that goal gave us top spot and the week's rest
  • during the last quarter spent as much time on the radio listening to the 2 other games that were going to shape the final 5
  • got drunk as a piglet at the stamford getting home
  • the downside - half inviting dad to the game, he recalls I said I'd pick him up, I don't recall saying it, him telling how he stood there by the letter-box waiting for a son that never came.......me stupidly saying it was the best game I'd been to..........(pre-99)............
  • over and over again that same story
  • s**t son

was there, wicker.............can't talk about this game enough.........

• an absolute goalfest - memory says 20 goals apiece
  • rode sticks' goal home from behind the posts
  • that goal gave us top spot and the week's rest
  • during the last quarter spent as much time on the radio listening to the 2 other games that were going to shape the final 5
  • got drunk as a piglet at the stamford getting home
  • the downside - half inviting dad to the game, he recalls I said I'd pick him up, I don't recall saying it, him telling how he stood there by the letter-box waiting for a son that never came.......me stupidly saying it was the best game I'd been to..........(pre-99)............
  • over and over again that same story
  • sh*t son

That week off won us the premiership. Blistering hot September ending with the hottest grand final day on record (until recently IIRC). We were fresh and that dynasty Hawks didn't have it in them to go back-to-back on us.

That week off won us the premiership. Blistering hot September ending with the hottest grand final day on record (until recently IIRC). We were fresh and that dynasty Hawks didn't have it in them to go back-to-back on us.
I believe HM put his forearm through Tuck's nose that day but don't recall seeing footage............

watch jeffy garlett's shepherding work on yazz's goals 1 & 3 - dangles armfield on yazz's goal 2.........we're not winning flags till we get this s**t back - selfless, sacrificial, team oriented gut running..........

68 Grand Final. I was a short kid sitting with my dad towards the back of the (old) Southern Stand, struggling to see over the people in front of me, especially when they rose to their feet. Transistor radio glued to my ear.

We were three points up and I heard the final siren over the radio and screamed “there it is” about one full second before everyone around me erupted in the knowledge that the drought was over after 21 long years. How sweet it was.

watch jeffy garlett's shepherding work on yazz's goals 1 & 3 - dangles armfield on yazz's goal 2.........we're not winning flags till we get this sh*t back - selfless, sacrificial, team oriented gut running..........

Was there a faster player in a straight line to play for us than armfield…(perhaps Brad Pierce).

were you able to catch blethyn's missed kick to snatch the game, eso?
Seen the replay so many times I honestly can’t remember whether I saw it live or not. Fair chance that was one of the moments that the patrons in front were on their feet.

But I got pretty good view for the vast majority of the play and headed down to see if we could get into the rooms. Our local butcher was on the committee (such innocent times!) and I saw every game that year, and probably got into the rooms about half the time. Didn’t make it in that day, but went home one deliriously happy kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back