Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still trying to see what some of.you see.

He is a scared little boy and scared of having the footy.
Hahaha, is this a joke. The kid was brilliant tonight.

He wins contests, he picks up the ball cleanly in contested situations and he generally makes good decisions.

The kid is slight and the kid needs time, but geez what a performance tonight from clearly our most natural wingman.

He MUST be persisted with.

Great performance tonight. Hopefully he can build on this, I think the only thing he really lacks is confidence to take the game on a bit, I think he generally plays a bit within himself. Hopefully this is a stepping stone to a string of games where he can start to build some belief.

Great performance tonight. Hopefully he can build on this, I think the only thing he really lacks is confidence to take the game on a bit, I think he generally plays a bit within himself. Hopefully this is a stepping stone to a string of games where he can start to build some belief.
This is true. He definitely disposed of the ball to other players to take the risks. He was very safe and didnt have the confidence to take the harder kicks. Its just a sign he doesnt want to waste the footy which is good but he will have to grow in that area.

This is true. He definitely disposed of the ball to other players to take the risks. He was very safe and didnt have the confidence to take the harder kicks. Its just a sign he doesnt want to waste the footy which is good but he will have to grow in that area.
You couldn't have a team of 22 Jase Burgoynes, but I don't mind having one bloke who wins the ball and moves it on with a simple disposal to a better user rather than just piss blasting it forward to Alex Pearce or Luke Ryan a billionty times each.

You couldn't have a team of 22 Jase Burgoynes, but I don't mind having one bloke who wins the ball and moves it on with a simple disposal to a better user rather than just piss blasting it forward to Alex Pearce or Luke Ryan a billionty times each.
Problem is he was moving it onto said piss blasters when we sorely need someone to be more measured.

I liked how he combined with SPP a few times. Reminded me of the relationship a left back has with a left winger in soccer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest thing that impressed me last night was his tackling. For someone who has such a wiry frame, he was really able to stick his tackles last night.

He's clearly a natural wingman - probably the most natural we have on our list. Doesn't make splash plays but he does the right thing more often than not. Really good user of the footy and tends to play the percentages.

A smart footballer - which sticks out in our side given the relative lack of smarts this team currently has, imo.

A game which suggested he does have a future despite his size. Thought he did everything well and kept to the simple option. Laid some tackles.

Yea he took the easy and safe option. That being said, our game plan is very much based on getting it into the hands of Farrell, Houston and Burton as much as possible.

Thought it was one of his best games.

There’s nothing wrong with playing to your strengths and limiting exposing your weakness.

He will be working hard on his execution by foot at training I’d expect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back