Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Life’s too short to returning to the same place … plenty more of the world to see
Unless you have family. Explains why people keep returning to the same place.

If you can use the family as a base of operations (in the nicest possible way lol) and make your way around and see other places, that would be ideal. Was going to do that until covid stuffed my whole trip up.

So 4 nights in Nice - ******* sick place. Not so much the city (although I did find some unreal natty wine/craft beer/great food), but the surrounding areas have some magical beaches. Great walking to the east over the hills. Funnily enough stayed in Ozz Hostel - can only recommend. At a price point where lots of the dickheads are filtered out, so you’ve either got super chilled nice people or introverts. Made 5 really good friends on the first day and stayed with them till the end. 10/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 4 nights in Nice - ******* sick place. Not so much the city (although I did find some unreal natty wine/craft beer/great food), but the surrounding areas have some magical beaches. Great walking to the east over the hills. Funnily enough stayed in Ozz Hostel - can only recommend. At a price point where lots of the dickheads are filtered out, so you’ve either got super chilled nice people or introverts. Made 5 really good friends on the first day and stayed with them till the end. 10/10

Agreed, huge fan of Nice and the surrounding areas. Mind you I was a big fan of the city itself, but you're right in that it's perfect for day trips. Went to Monaco one day, and of course that Villfranche Sur Mer (I think that's how it was spelt) by the beach, was amazing. Antibes of course looks amazing too, didn't get there however! I stayed at the Saint Villa Exupery Hostel - decent pub crawls too!

Heading to Europe in Dec/Jan for 4-5 weeks. Starting in the UK for a week and returning home via the UAE for 3 days with the rest of the trip tentative.

I’ve never been during winter and would love to hear recommendations/advice on cities/places to visit for around 2-3 weeks. TIA

Heading to Europe in Dec/Jan for 4-5 weeks. Starting in the UK for a week and returning home via the UAE for 3 days with the rest of the trip tentative.

I’ve never been during winter and would love to hear recommendations/advice on cities/places to visit for around 2-3 weeks. TIA
Go skiing in Austria.

I guess it depends on what you like doing and whether you want to spend it in the snow such as Germany, Austria or Switzerland for example or whether you prefer milder weather in somewhere like Greece or Spain

If you are looking for the Christmas experience..Salzburg, Prague, Vienna

Berlin for NYE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back