English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Was actually quite the exciting season aside from who was going to win the league.

The top 4 was rather tight, with it literally coming down to the last day as to who would be finishing top 4. With 5 or so rounds to go 5 teams were battling for 2 spots. Was brilliant.

Also, as an Arsenal fan, I'm just going to say that I love how Spurs best season in 25+ years is a year with no trophies and Arsenals worst year in roughly the same amount of time still resulted in a trophy :rainbow:

What angers me the most is how long it took Wenger to change formations. It took until our season was over before changing and when we did, we won 9 out of 10 games, with wins against Man C, Man U, Chelsea and Everton.

Play the same formation with the same player from say January and we'd be second.

What angers me the most is how long it took Wenger to change formations. It took until our season was over before changing and when we did, we won 9 out of 10 games, with wins against Man C, Man U, Chelsea and Everton.

Play the same formation with the same player from say January and we'd be second.
True enough. He needs to be credited for the shift, knowing how stubborn Wenger is making the change at all is a massive deal. It has been a good change and worked very well. However, as you say, it should have been done earlier when we still had the chance to make something of the league.

As has been our issue for a few seasons, I think a decent centre forward is needed to make it sustainable. A good CF/Striker with Alexis and Ozil just in behind would be formidable.

As has been our issue for a few seasons, I think a decent centre forward is needed to make it sustainable. A good CF/Striker with Alexis and Ozil just in behind would be formidable.

I reckon Arsenal fans have been saying the exact same thing for years.

Is Alexis certain to stick around?

I reckon Arsenal fans have been saying the exact same thing for years.

Is Alexis certain to stick around?

I think it's been said ever since Van Persie left.

Wenger sounded defiant the other day when asked about it. Something on the lines of it's up to the club as to whether Alexis stays or not, not Alexis. Earlier in the year he guaranteed he wouldn't sell him, so clearly Wenger doesn't want to let him go. He is contracted another year, so he could be forced to stay should Arsenal refuse to accept any offers.

Then in all likelihood he'll leave on the free a year later, so.. might be taken out of his hands. Knowing Kroenke's propensity to only think about the $ as opposed to wins, I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger gets shafted by the owner in this instance. 50-50 that he's at Arsenal next season.

I think it will be intent. If we don't make a couple of big signings, especially a striker and also central attacking midfielder, then he will be gone and I fear Ozil will then follow.

I think it will be intent. If we don't make a couple of big signings, especially a striker and also central attacking midfielder, then he will be gone and I fear Ozil will then follow.

If Ozil doesn't leave why would we get another attacking mid? Cazorla back and Ozil are both natural CAMs, with Wilshere also playing that role with Bournemouth.

Although I wouldn't rely on him :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be trying to cash in on Ozil if I were Arsenal. He's not the player that's going to win a title. Best trying to get some funds back for him and trying again.

If Ozil doesn't leave why would we get another attacking mid? Cazorla back and Ozil are both natural CAMs, with Wilshere also playing that role with Bournemouth.

Although I wouldn't rely on him :drunk:
You just answered your own question. Top teams do not rely on 1 player. He have only one true CAM in Cazorla. Ozil is not the typical CAM. He drifts wide quite often and that is my preference.

Right now Ramsey is playing that role... and whilst the last couple of games Ramsey was OK, earlier he was horrific.

I am happy with our DM options and happy with out CBs and FBs (injuries withstanding)

I'd be trying to cash in on Ozil if I were Arsenal. He's not the player that's going to win a title. Best trying to get some funds back for him and trying again.
Ozil is not a leader and he is not the kind of player that will lift a team like a Sanchez might. But when Ozil is on, the team in on.

Give me a good formation, a world class striker, stiffen up our AM options and put have the squad in good spirit and you will see Ozil shine.

He won German player of the year. He hasn't lost his skills. He is just too fragile. Play the same player in this season's Chelsea team and people will be tripping over themselves trying to complement him.

He won German player of the year. He hasn't lost his skills. He is just too fragile. Play the same player in this season's Chelsea team and people will be tripping over themselves trying to complement him.
He also won it in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. 5 times in total.

The lad can play, however as you say, he's not one to build a team around. He's one who will dominate when put with other quality players. Issue is there's only one other superstar on the team. Watching him and Alexis play to each other at times is unbelievable.

Issue is you can just have 2 players run rings around a team like Chelsea like you can a side outside the big 6, it just won't work. You need another 2 or 3 at least.

A17CCB88FF3D40EBA4BFFC8E1B0ACC66.ashx