EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing will change unless the EDFL are prepared to stop the recruiting of juniors from smaller clubs to bigger clubs at U14 and U16 level.
These players then end up becoming 1 pointers down the road for the big clubs and the cycle continues.

The amount of EDFL rep and Cannons players that changed clubs this year at U16 level has become farcical. Yet the EDFL stand back and allow it to happen with no consequences.

Just out of curiosity how many juniors from other clubs are playing seniors at these 4 big clubs everyone keeps banging on about?

Just out of curiosity how many juniors from other clubs are playing seniors at these 4 big clubs everyone keeps banging on about?
It’s not about playing this season but they are grooming them to play seniors and be 1 point players, or they will help fill reserves numbers ( but on contract) after being sold a lot of BS. 😄😄

I suppose it comes down to what the parameters are.
Are they just players that played juniors at another EDFL club?
Do we include players that moved at u12 level etc?
Do we include players that played senior football at another club within the comp?

I looked at their respective u18.5s a couple of weeks ago, it seemed be that Keilor & Pacco get the most from their neighbouring EDFL clubs.
Abers do well out of St Bernard's, which I imagine would be a driving force behind the push back on St Bernard's juniors moving across.

Last edited:
Happy Thursday my friends and family. I will start by saying I will not be attending the Griffen Den happy hour tonight as it is my 99th birthday. I’m having dinner at Crown, watching the Carlton vs Melbourne game at the MCC then going back to stay at crown. It’s a big day ahead. The previews are as follows in a intriguing round to say the least.

1. Pascoe Vale to cruise past Avondale. The panthers are in blistering form and that will continue. Cannot see Avondale putting up a fight unfortunately.
2. The stars have impressed so far and will finish 5th this season mark my words. They will defeat greenvale in a nailbiter.
3. Awesome Ash will be driving his Ferrari on cruise control this game. Cannot see the eagles flying close to the mores. 60+
4. I cannot believe Keilor vs Aberfeldie isn’t match of the round. Mighty mick and their men look unbeatable and untouchable. Abers looking shaky and have gotten an easy start to inflate their good start. Mick and co will send a message if they haven’t already.
5. this is the Whisp’s grand final. I cannot wait for this game. My great granddaughter purchased headphones so I can listen to the radio while watching the game. I can’t wait. Not to see who wins, but who loses. The meltdown by the fanbases will be unbelievably funny. I’m sensing Deer Park via Majak Daw to get up in an all timer. Someone let the bar staff at John McLeod to load up on Victoria Bitters, the whisp is on the way.

Happy Thursday my friends and family. I will start by saying I will not be attending the Griffen Den happy hour tonight as it is my 99th birthday. I’m having dinner at Crown, watching the Carlton vs Melbourne game at the MCC then going back to stay at crown. It’s a big day ahead. The previews are as follows in a intriguing round to say the least.

1. Pascoe Vale to cruise past Avondale. The panthers are in blistering form and that will continue. Cannot see Avondale putting up a fight unfortunately.
2. The stars have impressed so far and will finish 5th this season mark my words. They will defeat greenvale in a nailbiter.
3. Awesome Ash will be driving his Ferrari on cruise control this game. Cannot see the eagles flying close to the mores. 60+
4. I cannot believe Keilor vs Aberfeldie isn’t match of the round. Mighty mick and their men look unbeatable and untouchable. Abers looking shaky and have gotten an easy start to inflate their good start. Mick and co will send a message if they haven’t already.
5. this is the Whisp’s grand final. I cannot wait for this game. My great granddaughter purchased headphones so I can listen to the radio while watching the game. I can’t wait. Not to see who wins, but who loses. The meltdown by the fanbases will be unbelievably funny. I’m sensing Deer Park via Majak Daw to get up in an all timer. Someone let the bar staff at John McLeod to load up on Victoria Bitters, the whisp is on the way.
Abers are the only team that can push Keilor legitimately, even last year when they were 6th they were up at their ground most the day just Keilor too strong late which is always the worry, the other 2 fold up against them like a deck chair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you
G'day big footy maggots,
You're hiness here sir pat aka e.k coach/president here.
Just know one thing e.k are on the march and that continues tomorrow against the old mob pretenders deer Park!
Easy 10 goal win on the way!!
Beware e.k are coming loud and strong 💪
your the best pat:heart::heart:

G'day big footy maggots,
You're hiness here sir pat aka e.k coach/president here.
Just know one thing e.k are on the march and that continues tomorrow against the old mob pretenders deer Park!
Easy 10 goal win on the way!!
Beware e.k are coming loud and strong 💪
Love you Pat. Love what you've brought to EKFC and the EDFL. Why isn't there a trophy being played for in your honour tomorrow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back