East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Front Page of the Bairnsdale Advertiser confirming Stratford making the switch to the EGFL.

http://www.eastvicmedia.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2108&Itemid=87

Big game this week with the two top sides fighting it out again at Lindenow. Wy Yung will head into the match favourites and are in top form coming off a 30 goal win over Orbost. The match will be won in the midfield with both sides full of class through the centre and will make for an entertaining match to go watch tomorrow. The two sides are 1-1 this year in previous match-ups yet I will be backing the Tigers to get up by 12 points.

After going to watch the highly anticipated top of the ladder clash last week, I have completely changed my view of the premiership favourites are. Lindenow made Wy Yung look second rate all day and right now are by far a more competent side heading towards finals footy. It was a fizzle right from the get-go, with Lindenow playing it with ease all over the ground. The regular on-ball brigade for the Cats in Gould, Ashwood and Alexander had their hands on it all day and cleared it out with ease too many times against a side in Wy Yung who should've been able to match them. For the away side it wasn't helped losing arguably the leagues best player in Dale Lynn with a hamstring injury but Lindenow just looked a better side all over the ground. Wy Yung need to make up a lot of ground if they are to reverse this performance, and have plenty of opportunity to do so seeing as it looks like they'll play Lindenow again another 2 or 3 times more before the Grand Final (if of course, both sides make it).

Floods in East Gippsland have claimed the Wy Yung footy oval (again) and has forced the club to switch it's next 2 home games. They were supposed to play Paynesville at home tomorrow yet I went to have a look at the oval earlier and the ground is completely under, as are the roads leading up to it. They will now play at Paynesville and next weeks top of the ladder clash against Lindenow next week will more then likely be played at Lindenow as the ground won't be ready in time.

photo of the flooded oval:
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/08/12/367755_latest-news.html

Love the 'pretty damp down this way' quote by the League Manager!

Lucknow could make finals with 4 wins, must be a record surely!

Will check with the guru Forbsey if it is a record, but still a fair effort.

Lucknow travelling up to Orbost today. This match will go a long way to determining who can make 4th spot.

Orbost to be too good at home.

Wy Yung to smash the Ville.

Lindenow to prove to classy/strong/fit for Lakes today.

Well, after 17 rounds and the finals series, the blatantly obvious has occurred and the Lindenow Cats take on the Wy Yung Tigers in the EGFL grand final tomorrow.

After the home and away series was split 2 all between the 2 sides, Lindenow were able to win the second semi final and go straight through to the GF.

Most of the games between the 2 sides have been pretty closely contested, so I would expect it to be a pretty close encounter on the weekend.

Boo Boo Moo Moo 7 has the Wy Yung boys inspired at the moment, and the return on the weekend from "injury/other events" of Dayo and Fez Farley will be a big boost for the Tigers. Nathan Smith was like a brick wall down back on the weekend and the Cougar looked dangerous in the middle and forward of the centre. If Nev Nicholls can get his kicking boots on, I would expect the Tigers to get over the line. They finally have a full side back, with no injuries to anyone worth worrying about.

Any news on the coachig front in East Gippsland???
I gatehr Turk and Boo are solid at their respective clubs.
Kennedy will not reapply for the job at Lakes. Kelly will not reapply for the job at Lucknow. Orbost are always looking for someone new and what about Paynesville?
Will there be any massive appointments, internal appointments or perhaps no apponitments at all for the time being?
Finding a coach in this day and age is tough.

Hi All

Noel Jansz is definitely in the best few players at the tigers and has proven his match winning ability in the ODFL , the NGNFL and the EGFL.

He has leadership skills and is a good bloke and many at his past clubs think he could definitley have an impact in the gippsland league. I think however he is likely to return to Lindenow South in 2012 where he is regarded as one of the best ever players to play there... he is similar to Sale FC's Kane Martin except with a much bigger set of testicles from what i have heard. His field kicking is not quite as good as Kane's however.

Hi All

Noel Jansz is definitely in the best few players at the tigers and has proven his match winning ability in the ODFL , the NGNFL and the EGFL.

He has leadership skills and is a good bloke and many at his past clubs think he could definitley have an impact in the gippsland league. I think however he is likely to return to Lindenow South in 2012 where he is regarded as one of the best ever players to play there... he is similar to Sale FC's Kane Martin except with a much bigger set of testicles from what i have heard. His field kicking is not quite as good as Kane's however.

Best footballer ever to come out of Sri Lanka, thats for sure!

He did definitely surf here on a fridge but hey that's why we love the kid.... also, he does have family connection with the great chef Geoff Jansz.

On a serious note however i have it on someones word that Mayhem may have played a game or two with the Lindenow South (Stratford Seconds) Team?? True or False??

He did definitely surf here on a fridge but hey that's why we love the kid.... also, he does have family connection with the great chef Geoff Jansz.

On a serious note however i have it on someones word that Mayhem may have played a game or two with the Lindenow South (Stratford Seconds) Team?? True or False??

Yeah, played 3 games there. They were emotional times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been personally assured by members of the team that played with Mayhem that he did get out of the goal square once..... By Falling....

Hi All

Are you serious? Noel Jansz an impact player at Gippsland League, don't know about being a match winner in NGFNL, Stratford only won 2 or 3 games that year!

As stated in the Bairnsdale Advertiser today, John Dick has taken over as coach at Lindenow. Morgan Davies to be his right hand man.

Any news on the Lucknow, Lakes, Paynesville or Orbost jobs?

Grant Mooney was discussed in an earlier post but is out of the hunt for any of those positions, moving to Qld for work.

As stated in the Bairnsdale Advertiser today, John Dick has taken over as coach at Lindenow. Morgan Davies to be his right hand man.

Any news on the Lucknow, Lakes, Paynesville or Orbost jobs?

Grant Mooney was discussed in an earlier post but is out of the hunt for any of those positions, moving to Qld for work.

If Big Grant is moving away will the Swifts Creek boys still come out to play? Or will they move to various EGFL Clubs, on another note; who will replace him?

Even in a s**t team, i am fairly sure he was up there in the League B+F that year. True or False?

Not even close. Didn't get in Team of the Year, or poll in top 15 - 20 of league B&F. Not sure where you are getting your info from. Won Stratty's B&F by 1 or 2 votes.

Not even close. Didn't get in Team of the Year, or poll in top 15 - 20 of league B&F. Not sure where you are getting your info from. Won Stratty's B&F by 1 or 2 votes.

Apologies big fella, must have been the club b+f i was thinking of regardless i have seen the guy play and think he could play GFL 1's if he hasn't lost any of his pace from a recent serious leg injury.

Pretty sure that Brad Paris has been appointed Senior Coach of Lucknow. If it is true, he would be a huge signing for the club as he has excellent credentials from down the line and was an integral part of the Lindenow premiership both on and off the field this year. Local legend, Chris
Redenback will take on the role of Chairman of Selectors so I am told.

Down to Lakes, Paynesville and Orbost on the lookout for coaches. Not to mention niehbouring league clubs Buchan, Swanny, Swifts Creek and maybe Bruthen all in the hunt. And whatever happens at Omeo stays at Omeo.

Not enough coaches to go around!

Paynesville after going hard for the big sauce Mooney have now apparently signed ex Bairnsdale big man John Nicholls to coach the side in 2012.

Have also heard that Lucknow have signed up Frenchy after Lindenow heavily chased him last year.

Heard Forbsey was still happy down at Bruthen, and haven't heard much of them asking around to date, so I was still under the impression he would be in charge for the Doggies again.

You could tell Reesy from Swanny was over coaching the side, and I know for a fact the Big man Youngy has been doing the rounds. Has a lot of strong connections through the area so should be able to find someone, or else the big fella might have to take it upon himself?? Has thrown in the presidency after one year so maybe he might plan on doing it?

As mentioned before, Gil is definitely going to go around again and has the young guns in Erfurth and Pollard coaching the Juniors. Strong culture being (re)formed out at the Swamp which is great to see.

Boo Boo has another 2 years on his contract at Tigerland.

Lakes will be interesting, have been through a few coaches now in the past few seasons. Struggling to get more then 2 years out of them, still chasing that elusive flag. They are apparently asking up the line, trying to steer clear of the local lads. Good luck to them.

Also might be worth noting that with Alistair Ford being appointed as coach of Bairnsdale there might be a few more Wy Yung inclusions into the Major team. Spent the majority of the 2011 season hanging around the club watching due to his missus being linked with the side, so maybe the likes of Murray, Carter, Somerville, Young or even a Froud or Wheeler to be more permanent players for the Redlegs? Food for thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back