dwayne ****head russel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how nonchalantly he's started saying these things. Somebody kicked a 'spear' today which Dwayne commentated with the passion of someone ordering a coffee. It's like these weird catchphrases have become so second nature that he doesn't even notice himself saying them anymore.

Some of the 'spears' today were actually 30m high helicoptors to a contest. Had to switch off today after "from little things, big things grow"

Healy must get so sick of his s**t.

He must get paid by the catchphrase, he was rolling them out left, right and centre in the West Coast v Richmond game.

Countless "get and goes", "firestarters" and even threw in the old "gets a lot of shoe on it".

Him and Frawley were spanking themselves over Naitanui too. There was one passage of play where NicNat kicked a goal and Spud says "They love him here" and then Dwayno in his usual over the top hyperbole chimed in with "They're going to love him for a long time".

Way to make it creepy Dwayne, this is AFL not one of your Asian sex tours.:thumbsdown:

I like how nonchalantly he's started saying these things. Somebody kicked a 'spear' today which Dwayne commentated with the passion of someone ordering a coffee. It's like these weird catchphrases have become so second nature that he doesn't even notice himself saying them anymore.

I recall his similar lack of emotion regarding a fairly standard, but good, chip pass by Embley.

"Spectacular. Magnificent."

He must get paid by the catchphrase, he was rolling them out left, right and centre in the West Coast v Richmond game.

Countless "get and goes", "firestarters" and even threw in the old "gets a lot of shoe on it".

Him and Frawley were spanking themselves over Naitanui too. There was one passage of play where NicNat kicked a goal and Spud says "They love him here" and then Dwayno in his usual over the top hyperbole chimed in with "They're going to love him for a long time".

Way to make it creepy Dwayne, this is AFL not one of your Asian sex tours.:thumbsdown:
Spud wasnt calling the game

Spud wasnt calling the game

Must have been Healy then. I wasn't really paying that much attention to it, was just on in the background but as always Dwayne stood out with his OVER EXCITED SHOUTING OF RANDOM CATCHPHRASES.

Does anyone reckon he reads out the 3aw talkback phone numbers enough on Sports Today? Bloody hell!!! And he does it so slowy, then repeats it over and over :p: "nine-six....nine-hundred...six nine..three...or thirteen thirteen...thirty-two....that's nine-six...nine-hundred...six nine three or 13 30 32...."

He's become as bad as Tony Leonard, in that, during, say, an 8min segment, he spends the first 2mins telling us what's coming up, the talkback numbers 2 or 3 times, and the giveaway sponsors, then, in the last 2 minutes tells us what's coming up after the break, and gives us the talkback numbers AGAIN!! Aaargh!!! :p

Got a headline gig On The Couch last night. Dwayneo at his improvisational best, clearly not requiring the confines of a script to make a s**t point. Apparently doesn't need to blink, either.

Got a headline gig On The Couch last night. Dwayneo at his improvisational best, clearly not requiring the confines of a script to make a s**t point. Apparently doesn't need to blink, either.

Whenever I turn on The Winners before On The Couch starts and he does his little intros and recaps of the matches, I absolutely hate his hand gesturing and movements when he talks. It's so robotic and he sounds and looks like a massive gimp. Surely Fox Sports has knowledge of this thread and 3AW as well - and are refusing to do anything about it. They are like Andy D and his little toy boy Anderson... always in denial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I turn on The Winners before On The Couch starts and he does his little intros and recaps of the matches, I absolutely hate his hand gesturing and movements when he talks. It's so robotic and he sounds and looks like a massive gimp. Surely Fox Sports has knowledge of this thread and 3AW as well - and are refusing to do anything about it. They are like Andy D and his little toy boy Anderson... always in denial.

He clearly learnt to do REALLY BIG HAND GESTURES in a TAFE TV presenting course.

"Now Dwayne, don't forget to raise your eyebrows when you're trying to emphasise a point"

D-

A lot of the ex-footballers on telly do that. The correct term is "Sam Newman Hands."

newman420-420x0.jpg

Sounds like Borat trying to pull off a "....not" joke.

One day a player will kick one from outside 50, fox will go to an ad break and just before the ball is bounced for the restart of play, Dwayno will yell out, "GONE!"

A lot of the ex-footballers on telly do that. The correct term is "Sam Newman Hands."

Yes, but Newman's hands have purpose, drive, and direction.

Russell is approaching jazz hands more often than not.

Sounds like Borat trying to pull off a "....not" joke.

One day a player will kick one from outside 50, fox will go to an ad break and just before the ball is bounced for the restart of play, Dwayno will yell out, "GONE!"

:thumbsu:

Not only is Derwayne unoriginal, he's copying his own stuff which is patently crap in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back