dwayne ****head russel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a ****head for sticking up for him haha ;).

nuh i am sure he is a lovely bloke (he must have something going for him)but he is just so repetitive, he is like one of those talking malibu stacy dolls with about 5 stupid sayings. i miss clinton grybas, RIP great man.

Just incidentally, aside from whatever his perceived commentary abilities may be, he's probably one of the nicest, most genuine blokes in footy today - with not a trace of ego.

And no, I'm not him :) But maybe the "****head" comments are a little uncalled for. Surely you can vent an opinion on someone without stooping to personal insults?

Fair point. Personal insults are uncalled for. It'd be nice if he just retired from commentating though... he's simply not good at it.

Fair point. Personal insults are uncalled for. It'd be nice if he just retired from commentating though... he's simply not good at it.

If being no good at commentating meant you had to retire, we'd be left with Dennis Commetti and Clinton Grybas's ghost in the commentary box.

And no-one on the boundary.

leading the commentary of the West Coast Brisbane game, with the entire team sounding disinterested, and that they'd much rather be at the MCG for the top of the table clash...

and I can't stand when he calls Melbourne games, he sucks

His fascination with Kosi was truly fascinating, but not in a good way.

His fascination with Kosi was truly fascinating, but not in a good way.

I know right.

Kosi centred the ball yesterday when he was in the pocket. Was a high percentage play. The Saints player (Could have been Peake) sort of just lulled as the ball came to him and a Port player was able to make the initial spoil.

In pipes Dwayne with, 'Terrible kick!'

Lenny Hayes picks up the crummage and snaps truly from 25m.

If being no good at commentating meant you had to retire, we'd be left with Dennis Commetti and Clinton Grybas's ghost in the commentary box.

And no-one on the boundary.

Not in my book, just Dwayne's retirement will do.

Speaking of boundary riders, why not bring some women into the role? Christie Malthouse did a good job when she was one. Plus, a bit of eye-candy wouldn't go astray! Jessica Yates springs to mind... :thumbsu:

That's one of the goals of the year!

Classic.

Unfortunately, I still remember him nearly blowing his load on the radio a few years ago after an Akermanis goal (he was playing for the Lions).

All he did for about 15 seconds was yell out AKER, AKER, AKER and then he said something like "I love the man".

Tool of the highest order.

I hate Russell so much, why does Fox keep employing him to call games - he is no doubt the worst caller out there. All his little phrases and what he thinks are 'pump up' calls are just pathetic.

Foxtel seriously get your act together and get some good commentators and Axe the following:

Tony "he's going to be a 10-year player" Shaw
Glen "got confused and muddled up my words again" Jakovich
Rohan " worst 300 gamer and biggest nobody" Smith
Dwayne "im a f****ing dipstick" Russell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Dwayne Russell You Total F-Wit

How is this news? I would expect a BF thread on it or a few comments on the other Dwayne Russel threads but not an article from The Age.

not sure if people tuned into the Port and Melbourne game but he referred to Port's Jackson Trengove as Jack and then said it was going to be a bit confusing calling Jack Trengove for Port and for Melbourne. Liam Pickering then said it was Jackson Trengove for Port and then Dwayne then started calling both of them Jackson Trengove. The guy is a w***er.

What about when he bought up the Brad Green/Manchester United story like it was some revealing insight that he'd discovered. Even worse was when Liam Pickering the goose sold it like he'd never heard it before either. And somewhere Danny Frawley was off being dunked into a vat of custard in a pink tutu like the Billy Brownless lite that he is.

What about when he bought up the Brad Green/Manchester United story like it was some revealing insight that he'd discovered. Even worse was when Liam Pickering the goose sold it like he'd never heard it before either. And somewhere Danny Frawley was off being dunked into a vat of custard in a pink tutu like the Billy Brownless lite that he is.
or that Mark Jamar was on his old stomping ground cause he played for North Adelaide. SANFL games are not played on AAMI Stadium apart from finals!!!! Jamar prob played a handful of juniors or state juniors there. Tosser

What about when he bought up the Brad Green/Manchester United story like it was some revealing insight that he'd discovered.

Has he ever done a Melbourne game [radio or TV] where he hasn't mentioned Green and Man U ?

I did like his comment on saturday night when talking about Lewis Jetta - "He's best known for his misses.......just like Juddy" :D

I did like his comment on saturday night when talking about Lewis Jetta - "He's best known for his misses.......just like Juddy" :D

Any kudos for this call is offset by the fact that it was said by Dwayne Russell.

I'm utterly sick of him referring to the Eagles as "The West Coast"

"The West Coast have the ball, the West Coast are going for goal, the West Coast have turned it over!!"

Either call them the Eagles, West Coast or The West Coast Eagles. It sounds *ed how he continually says this.

Now Gerard Healy is starting to do it too, maybe I need to just stop watching The West Coast's games.

A flog of the highest order. The bullshit stories, the biased calling, the barracking for his favourite teams being Geelong, Port and Sydney and the amount of smoke he can blow up a players arse for doing some of the most basic things is ****ing irritating.

Are Australians just s**t at commentating sports?

Yes. They can't separate being matey and being professional and impartial. While people like Russell are paid money to speak the s**t that they do, it's never going to improve either.

I swear, every time there was a contested mark on saturday night,Lions v Sydney we got..."is that fifty?"."Has it hit the post?" No ******** and no-one else thought it did either. You can't just create drama to make your call more interesting, the game is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back