Play Nice Drugs - we're losing

Remove this Banner Ad

That didn't take long.

The Italian sprinter who won a shock Olympic 100m gold was forced to split with his sports nutritionist, who is the subject of a police investigation into the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids.

On Sunday Lamont Marcell Jacobs was the surprise winner of the most coveted prize in the Olympics with a European record of 9.80 sec, and yesterday he added another gold medal as part of the Italian 4x100m men’s relay team.

He only broke ten seconds for the 100m in May and as a consequence was not included in the Athletics Integrity Unit’s drug testing pool, which targets the world’s best athletes. Indeed, in the 100m final he was the only sprinter not on the AIU list.

That didn't take long.

The Italian sprinter who won a shock Olympic 100m gold was forced to split with his sports nutritionist, who is the subject of a police investigation into the illegal distribution of anabolic steroids.

On Sunday Lamont Marcell Jacobs was the surprise winner of the most coveted prize in the Olympics with a European record of 9.80 sec, and yesterday he added another gold medal as part of the Italian 4x100m men’s relay team.

He only broke ten seconds for the 100m in May and as a consequence was not included in the Athletics Integrity Unit’s drug testing pool, which targets the world’s best athletes. Indeed, in the 100m final he was the only sprinter not on the AIU list.

Honestly, I'm not surprised the media have come out with doping allegations against the Italian sprinter.

Interesting to hear more

That didn't take long.

I think you left the inverted commas/quotation marks off "nutritionist advisor" like Shane Charter

This happened with results in last year's '20 Tour de France, some teams misplaced their doping supply chain due to the conundrum caused by covid's arbitrary reckoning

unique results

Australian competitors unlike athletes in the northern hemisphere never suffered a seizure of molasses with social affairs* , they could continue training as light came up, supply chains with PEDs were not disrupted unlike the peloton at the tour de france, no surprise we are outperforming, same time zone as Aus too

yaco55

*asterisk denotes generality holding for the proportion

cycling folks- see: '99 Armstrong Zulle post '98 Festina Willy Voet d'affaire

Peloton were riding a la <what I will call> a, what I will neologism- piano detente

apart from Lance
and Passage Du Gois

Re Lione (Cipo/theLionKing/MarioCipollini) used to be the Giro's PATRON
he would call out loud to the peloton "piano" on those flat sunny days for tanning
< piano > slow gentle riding

Last edited:
unparalleled success in the F of t&f

REH like to inform us of the book by Werner Reiterer ? Reiterer throws a mark in '01 Sydney A-grade club athletics that would have won him the 2000 Olympics gold in his chosen event which was either hammer-throw or discus

over to you RussellEbertHandball

One year before the 2000 Olympics, at a small meet in Ringwood, Melbourne, Werner Reiterer-fueled by banned drugs-hurled a discus 69.69 m. Had he repeated that throw at the Games, he'd have won gold. But Reiterer did not compete in Sydney. Instead, he quit athletics, wrote a book about doping-among the most disturbing published on the subject-and dumped it in the host nation's lap just two months before the Opening Ceremony.

In Positive, Reiterer admitted to five years' abuse of performance-enhancing drugs. He explained the abuse as a last-ditch response to a sports world so awash with drugs that natural athletes-who are in the minority, just a few percent, he said, in some events-either succumb or compete without real hope of success. In this hypocritical world, the notion of "cheating" is meaningless and drug testing is ineffectual. "Sport is ugly," Reiterer wrote-and athletes, coaches and officials know it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. In this hypocritical world, the notion of "cheating" is meaningless and drug testing is ineffectual. "Sport is ugly," Reiterer wrote-and athletes, coaches and officials know it.
thank Russ , which is what I have been telling the figbooty crew for near a decade RussellEbertHandball LanceUppercut

The funniest was the ABC speech/lecture/roundtable/q&a with Libbi Gorr(Elle Mcpheast or Mcfeast) and Simon Madden and Luke Ball and Don Scott that was at the North Melbourne Bob Ansett grandfinal breakfast that was on ABC.net.au/tv/fora which became ABC.net.au/tv/BigIdeas

and Don Scott letting the cat out of the bag and it fell like a brick and watch Madden and Ball schtum-struck

in 98 an Australian Olympic gold medallist to be tested positive , and Swimming Australia swept it under the rug

#rug-sweep-undery[sic] eh @cherf coding , get it right brah

Chief

Last edited:

One year before the 2000 Olympics, at a small meet in Ringwood, Melbourne, Werner Reiterer-fueled by banned drugs-hurled a discus 69.69 m. Had he repeated that throw at the Games, he'd have won gold. But Reiterer did not compete in Sydney. Instead, he quit athletics, wrote a book about doping-among the most disturbing published on the subject-and dumped it in the host nation's lap just two months before the Opening Ceremony.

In Positive, Reiterer admitted to five years' abuse of performance-enhancing drugs. He explained the abuse as a last-ditch response to a sports world so awash with drugs that natural athletes-who are in the minority, just a few percent, he said, in some events-either succumb or compete without real hope of success. In this hypocritical world, the notion of "cheating" is meaningless and drug testing is ineffectual. "Sport is ugly," Reiterer wrote-and athletes, coaches and officials know it.
I don't really understand how the athletes know what other athletes are on. In athletics for instance, most of them wouldn't really have that much to do with each other at the international level, competing against each other at a few meets a year. Sure there are rumours but I don't really see how they would know how widespread it was unless they were reasonably open about it, which I can't imagine.

I don't really understand how the athletes know what other athletes are on. In athletics for instance, most of them wouldn't really have that much to do with each other at the international level, competing against each other at a few meets a year. Sure there are rumours but I don't really see how they would know how widespread it was unless they were reasonably open about it, which I can't imagine.
you have to prove your chops and talent , then you get access to the conversation , the proles won't know , lots of the famous t&f athletes and runners have the few preparatores ;
- cycling used to be either Cechini or Ferrari , and the were(are) fora like www.cuttingedgemuscle.com , and things like the 2007(or2009) Hamburg or Berlin Worlds in the t&f it came out on the wires about Usain Bolt and SARMs / sarms / selective_androgen_receptor_modulators like AICAr (aicar) and GW101516 (GW1516) and cjc

there are a few Mexican boffins and alchemists who are attached to the sprinters and boxers ,

again RussellEbertHandball will affirm my bone fides and material

Last edited:
try their cycling team

In Ujah's defense* , he is/was no different , he merely got caught

WADA year of virus was a bad year for the OOC out-of-competition surprise testing , reminds me of Dane Swan's 6am surprise testing

#loveintimeofcholeracovid

That didn't take long.

Jacobs is taking a break, he won't be competing at the Diamond League event

It is interesting that there were more individual WRs in track and field than in swimming. That wouldn’t happen often.

At least part of that is technology, Tokyo laid a fast track and the new shoes are a meaningful improvement - certainly in the long distance events.

Swimming cracked a heap of WRs due to technology in 2008 / 2009 and has been playing catch-up since the super suits got banned. Plus it seems most of the swimmers struggled to produce PBs in the morning finals, a lot swam their best in the heats, which is unusual.

I wonder if Paris will do the same use "fast tracks" and go back to evening swimming finals
Everyone wants a fast track if they can get it. I imagine atmospheric conditions are good in Tokyo with the heat for sprinting as well (and you're not going to get many records set at champs in distance events anyway)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back