Teams Dolphins

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by the Dolphins this afternoon.

I'm keenly following them this year because I like Wayne Bennett as a coach, its great to see them competitive straight off the bat.

The AFL must be spewing that GC and GES weren't able to find the same sort of rhythm.

Great win by the Dolphins this afternoon.

I'm keenly following them this year because I like Wayne Bennett as a coach, its great to see them competitive straight off the bat.

The AFL must be spewing that GC and GES weren't able to find the same sort of rhythm.
Very very interesting case study here. I haven't followed NRL enough to know for sure, but is there perhaps a scenario where coaching systems in league are more easily adopted and executed across a younger playing group vs something as free flowing / open as AFL? Not doubting the talen/skill element of league, but, the Doophins' equivalent AFL approach to a new team (find a Wayne Bennett, have him nab a few senior key position players and drill the whole team to playing his style) probably wouldn't work.

Use Tasmania coming into the AFL in 2028 as an example. Do they go out and get Alastair Clarkson, let him take his pick of 6-10 100+ game players, build the rest of the list via the draft of rookie signings, and see how they go?

I just don't know if it would work the same way in AFL vs NRL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back