Division 4 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did East Burwood drop back for a flag?

I would think with 5 divisions next season they would have rather stayed in D3 this season.Good start for them in D4 this season though but the biggest fear is if they miss the grand final this season it will be relegation again.BUT if you are winning more games then you are losing supporters soon forget what division you are in.

I would think with 5 divisions next season they would have rather stayed in D3 this season.Good start for them in D4 this season though but the biggest fear is if they miss the grand final this season it will be relegation again.BUT if you are winning more games then you are losing supporters soon forget what division you are in.

The pressure of being better than others think you are.
Who is in Div 5 next season?

Remembering D4 is a 10 team grade this season the bottom 8 teams will be relegated to D5. (Will be called D4 still remembering it will be Premier division then 1,2,3 and 4 in 2019)

Yes but is it an 8 team division throughout?
Where are the other clubs coming from?

Yes but is it an 8 team division throughout?
Where are the other clubs coming from?

In 2019 Premier and D1 will be 10 team grades,D2,D3 and D4 will be 8 team grades.You would think the EFL one day would like all the 5 grades being 10 team grades where every one plays each other twice but getting 6 new teams would be a big ask.

In 2019 Premier and D1 will be 10 team grades,D2,D3 and D4 will be 8 team grades.You would think the EFL one day would like all the 5 grades being 10 team grades where every one plays each other twice but getting 6 new teams would be a big ask.

With the travel in the YVMDFL you think a few would come in like Souths and Silvan did.
My Evelyn could come back and Croydon North could get a side up???

Did East Burwood drop back for a flag?
Sure they have, deliberately dropped to Division 4 out of choice. They must have planned it back when they just stayed in Div 2 by percentage. It's been downhill for years and now they turned it around it was a deliberate ploy. #youcan'tfixstupid

I see there u/17 team forfeited on the weekend, surely they didn't sook it up and not play because they got promoted to premier division.

Surely EB are into $1.50 for the flag? Still missing a few too from best 22.
Better idea of how things might pan out in 2 weeks when we play the Pioneers. It's still a long way to the end of the season.
A lot more supporters and people in the rooms after games than last year!

Last edited:
Good to see a win for Nunawading 2's last Saturday after a win last season and a great chance for them to go back to back next Saturday.No wins for their 1's for about 3 seasons but good to see the improvement and scores on the board unlike previous seasons like 30 or 40 goal defeats and scoreless games.A win in the latter part of the season for the 1's might not be as far away as we think. Well done to all our down there for sticking with the club and lets hope the club gets the opportunity to celebrate their 100th year in the next few seasons.
Anyone who watches a Nunawading game should pay attention to No1. Jordan Winter. He's the best kick I've seen for a very long time, beautiful 70M torps. They just went on and on. Regularly went past the centre by some distance. Every kick in was accompanied by loud cheers from supporters of both sides.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better idea of how things might pan out in 2 weeks when we play the Pioneers. It's still a long way to the end of the season.
A lot more supporters and people in the rooms after games than last year!

Well you knocked off Forest hill who are a serious contender who also beat the pioneers on the weekend..

Will you be getting stuck into the Mariani’s that day you reckon? ;)

Sure they have, deliberately dropped to Division 4 out of choice. They must have planned it back when they just stayed in Div 2 by percentage. It's been downhill for years and now they turned it around it was a deliberate ploy. #youcan'tfixstupid

Strange how a club is in Div 2 gets demoted to Div 4 and turns good the very next season?
Look at Nunawading, they’ve been down for a fair while.

Strange how a club is in Div 2 gets demoted to Div 4 and turns good the very next season?
Look at Nunawading, they’ve been down for a fair while.
You should head down to both clubs and ask the people what's going on. On EB, I noticed a few players departed and headed over to Crib point, no surprise are yet to win a game. Maybe that was a deliberate ploy to make Crib Point wooden spooners as well?

Last edited:
Well you knocked off Forest hill who are a serious contender who also beat the pioneers on the weekend.. ;)
Unfortunately it doesn't always work that way. A couple of injuries to key players can make the difference between winning and losing. Matthew M wasn't playing in the game Pioneers lost to Forest Hill and could have been the difference between the sides. I don't know if anyone else was missing from their side for that game.
Will you be getting stuck into the Mariani’s that day you reckon? ;)
A little bit.:)

Last edited:
Very confident they will not. And won’t go close. Disappointing after their high hopes over summer. Hopefully they keep building next year.
I'd back them for 1 win, really pushed our boys for the 1st half. I know we aren't the benchmark of the comp or anything but the improvement is obvious.

Very confident they will not. And won’t go close. Disappointing after their high hopes over summer. Hopefully they keep building next year.

Lets be positive and hope they can get a win this season as before last week end I thought they would be a big chance in the return games against Silvan and Surrey Park.(But credit to both these 2 clubs last week end against supposedly top sides with Fair Park winning and Silvan pushing Forest Hill all the way).I helped Nunawading out with off field jobs about 5 or 6 times in season 2016 and they have improved heaps since then.1 day I did the scoreboard in the 2's and 63 goals to nil.I saw their 2's last week end and very competitive after a win the previous week.Saw the 1st half of the 1's but they were blown away in the 2nd quarter and I see lost by 20 goals.Good for them and all EFL footy if they can get that win but seem organised off field now and well done to their volunteers down there in trying to keep this club alive and lets hope success on field shortly for them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back