Division 3 Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, things have really quietened down here with the long weekend in full force.
Good to see that the Div3 boys get into the spotlight for a change.
A couple of important games this round:

Panton Hill vs St Marys
Reservoir vs Watsonia
Thomastown vs Parkside

The NFL have not posted their Umpire appointments for Div 3 this week. Was this an oversight or doesn't div 3 count.

Proud of the team on the weekend best footy they have played for a long time. But until we can do well against Panton Hill on the weekend we are still just improving. We have played well against all teams except them so the test is this week. Saying that I think the coach is finally starting to get the mix right!

A couple of interesting games this week, as the top clubs look to distance themselves from the pack.

Watsonia vs Panton Hill
Heidelberg West vs Reservoir
St Marys vs Thomastown

Whispers says that there may have been a few problems at the Thomastown v Watsonia game. Can anybody shed any light on this.

Can you enlighten us on the full story, Stinga
I was playing, so the 'full story' may not be best told by me. I know that no players were involved as both teams of players tried to distance themselves from any form of confrontation. Any issue that existed came from beyond the boundary line and if what I heard was true, I'd be very disappointed in that Watsonia supporter.

I was playing, so the 'full story' may not be best told by me. I know that no players were involved as both teams of players tried to distance themselves from any form of confrontation. Any issue that existed came from beyond the boundary line and if what I heard was true, I'd be very disappointed in that Watsonia supporter.

That's fair enough and although he did make a silly comment it definitely wasn't meant with any malice. Despite what was said there should never be a reason to start swinging punches in that situation, especially after it looked to have cooled down a little. In that regard I'd be very disappointed with the Thomastown supporter that threw the first punch and started the violence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair enough and although he did make a silly comment it definitely wasn't meant with any malice. Despite what was said there should never be a reason to start swinging punches in that situation, especially after it looked to have cooled down a little. In that regard I'd be very disappointed with the Thomastown supporter that threw the first punch and started the violence.

Any comment of that nature has attached malice, intentional or not and is unacceptable. I am not condoning any violent acts but had the comment not been made, both sets of supporters could have gone home enjoying a tight, competitive game of football.

Any comment of that nature has attached malice, intentional or not and is unacceptable. I am not condoning any violent acts but had the comment not been made, both sets of supporters could have gone home enjoying a tight, competitive game of football.

OK, I'm not going to get into a debate with you over the nature of the comments as I acknowledge he shouldn't have said it and had he not, it would have been a good day as you mentioned. Seriously though, to try and say that we shouldn't be labelling both clubs disgraceful is a bit rich to say the least.

OK, I'm not going to get into a debate with you over the nature of the comments as I acknowledge he shouldn't have said it and had he not, it would have been a good day as you mentioned. Seriously though, to try and say that we shouldn't be labelling both clubs disgraceful is a bit rich to say the least.

Maybe the comment should not have been said but the two people concerned met after the game and talked it through and it was settled as grown men should. There was no need for the Thommo supporter to throw a beer can into the face of the person concerned what a hero.
To all the players credit they were totally separated from what happened and continued in the final quarter to play good contested footy in the correct spirit. It was a shame the incident had to happen as it took the gloss off what was a very good game of footy. :thumbsu:

It will be interesting to see how resa stack up against Panton hill this weekend . If resa get pants again then you could think resa could put the que back in the rack for this season

Now with the season unraveling as it has what are everyones predictions for:
Leading Goal Kicker:
Best and Fairest:
Grand Finalists:
Grand Final winner:

Now with the season unraveling as it has what are everyones predictions for:
Leading Goal Kicker:
Best and Fairest:
Grand Finalists:
Grand Final winner:

Leading Goal Kicker- J. Bennett
Best and Fariest- L. Dornauf
Grand Finalaists- Thomastown v Panton Hll or Watsonia
Grand Final Winner- Thomastown

Watching the game last week Thomastown v Watsonia its was a great contest between two sides that will feature come the business end of the season. There were some key outs for the Bears (Khoury, Abela, Fazzari and Sammit) and this really hurt them as they lacked a little experience when the game was in the balance. With a full side I think Thomastown has what it takes to win the flag.

Milk Man, care to shed some light on your choices?

Bennett is only 3 goals behind Flavel and looking at there draw they only have to play Reservoir and Thomastown one more time. He should kick bags against the lower sides. Finnin will be a very close 2nd.

Dornauf is one of the best mids in the comp, he was the difference between the two sides last week and he has the ability to go forward and kick goals also. Is a ball magnet. Scarce (PH) and Di Battista (T/Town) will also feature in the B & F. My outside chance is Hogg or Reynolds.

The reason why I have picked Thomastown to win the flag is they have a few big names to come back in the next couple of weeks. Folino wasn't fit Saturday as he got back from overseas on Friday night so he can only get better all I can say about Folino is watch out when he gets right. Saad is starting to string some games together and is looking more dangerous as he spends more time on the field. They have match winners which you need in finals. Watsonia have had there measure both times but come finals time its a whole new ball game.

My tip of the week is Ressa to beat Panton Hill. Will be interesting if Dallas King and Hiho are playing twos this week. The reason I have picked Ressa is they have to much to play for and will Panton Hill's older legs survive on the bigger ground. They have introduced some younger legs but I think the bigger ground won't help there older guys.

Only my view lets see how close I am.

I happened to catch the Reservoir - Panton Hill game yesterday. Both sides gave their all.
Pity about the Rvoir asst coach, on numerous occassions he left the coaches box and walked around to the interchange area to abuse some Panton Hills players as they were being interchanged.
I thought the Rvoir coach and or committee members would have pulled this clown into line.

I happened to catch the Reservoir - Panton Hill game yesterday. Both sides gave their all.
Pity about the Rvoir asst coach, on numerous occassions he left the coaches box and walked around to the interchange area to abuse some Panton Hills players as they were being interchanged.
I thought the Rvoir coach and or committee members would have pulled this clown into line.
Looks like ressa have turned to crap this season, i thought they would have had a good dip this season, but alas, not to be.

Disappointing considering ressa's good start to the season! Three top teams continue to flourish though,
Went to watch Parkside vs Watsonia on the weekend, Watsonia look alright few game plans the young coach
ran worked well but others will need to be worked on as the hillman and thomo may run over them if they
Played like they did in patches Saturday! Having said that, any one ready to say whether they are the goods or not? Few good players? Milkman your tip for leading goal kicker might be on too, Bennett kicked 5 from memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back