Division 2 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big day out at the LSO this Saturday ............

The meaning of loyal is - faithfulfulness to commitments or obligations.
If you have played football for one club(Junior and Senior) for nearly 30 years and notched up 350 Senior games, club life membership, EFL life membership, 3 Premierships, best and fairest award and kicked 11 goals in your 29th season, the meaning definitely applies to Stephen Mc Donald.
This Saturday we salute Stephen for his 350 games. The Reserves games starts at 12.05, but we would like all Lilydale supporters to be there before the game to witness history being made at our club. Thank you Macca for your loyalty and contribution to our club. Go Dales and Macca!

Crusey bad luck to the Lilydale boys today,did not get there because of fathers day.2's and U19's still there is a plus but we all know the 1's are the most important part of a senior club.

D
Crusey bad luck to the Lilydale boys today,did not get there because of fathers day.2's and U19's still there is a plus but we all know the 1's are the most important part of a senior club.

Dean Carswell signed with a northern football league club over the weekend . Apparently with his best mate Raph who captains heallesville.

D

Dean Carswell signed with a northern football league club over the weekend . Apparently with his best mate Raph who captains heallesville.

Raph captains hville?

I thought daniel plozza was hville captain

Goodluck to both Knox and Donny East

We (Dales) are a big chance in the ressies if we play like we have the last few weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual seems harder to pick than any other comp....who’s the team to beat. Knox and a little bit of daylight last year. Are bayside automatically the team to beat? Donny east obviously going to challenge again...but where are the other challengers this year?

Well done to UFTG today on the MCG of the East,far to big strong and experienced for Mitcham today and what I saw today will be there at the business end of the season.

Last edited:
Unfortunately G I think it is going to be more a reflection as to where your boys are at. Upper are an up & coming side, but there are plenty of strong contenders in Divy 2 in 2018. Going to be a pretty even Division.

Saw a bit of Bayswater yesterday & while the opposition struggled Baysie will be there when the whips are cracking. Big & Strong side in this comp.

Great second half by upper. The weather wasn’t conducive to super footy but when the sun cam out and it dried up a bit, with an adjustment or two after half time it seemed like one way traffic. Allowing PO to kick only 1.1 was a good effort. I reckon, contrary to what some might think, both teams are going to challenge this year.

Just putting some copy on here to keep the desperados happy. I big game it was supposed to be at kings, with both sides desperate for a win. A tough encounter in slippery conditions, we were rapt to get away with a good win. Some of the homegrown talent on display really fired! Matt Lee is a gun, and showed it. Great below his knees and precise disposal. Tom Maher is just a beast and will be a great player for us for a long time. There were plenty others too! Currently in our 70th season, we find ourselves in the best position in the clubs history. On sat comes another big test! Lilydale at lilydale, will be an indicator of just were we stand. Failed against Donny east, a few weeks back. A win will see maybe a change in people’s perception of uppers chances. Wait and see....
Ps Before everyone craps on about the s**t heap that was kings park, council spent 200 large over the summer, and it appears to be paying off. It’s in incredible nick even after the rain and games on sat.

Nice Lowey, Go Upper :) & the ground is as good as it has ever been in my time in the area.

Great to see them up & about in 2nd Division. They have some really nice young players at the club including Tom Meagher (get it right). Clearly the coach is doing a great job in his debut season.

Can ya feed Mike Smith some dodgy food during the week Lowey

Should be a fair crowd at the LSO with the EFL Radio team there and our 1000th game etc....

Last edited:
Can ya feed Mike Smith some dodgy food during the week Lowey

Should be a fair crowd at the LSO with the EFL Radio team there and our 1000th game etc....

UFTG will be a big test but I think we (Lilydale) can win it.Unfortunately I can not make it but hoping for a big day for the club on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back