Div 3 thread 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So lockdown is extended by 2 weeks and in addition we have a 9 to 5 curfew overnight. All because 69 people thought attending and engagement party was a great idea. $350K in fines isn't enough. They've lost hundreds of millions of dollars to businesses and maybe a million people are now unable to work for another 2 weeks. Some businesses will fold. What a bunch of stupid, selfish, self entitled pricks.
Name and shame time!

Last edited:
What’s the point of continuing? I would assume there would be no promotion and relegation? No crowd? Players haven’t trained much lately?

What’s the point of continuing? I would assume there would be no promotion and relegation? No crowd? Players haven’t trained much lately?
Because two full years of essentially a pre season, if you get the opportunity to finish it off you may as well take it.

RIP Peter White, a great contributor to the East Burwood Football Club. Peter was also a great servant to Cricket in the Eastern Suburbs. His work in setting up and organising the VETS Cricket competition made it possible for so many older cricketers to continue playing. Peter was also a committee member of the Reporter District Cricket Competition and a member of the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Network that provided advice and guidance on the future of sport and recreation development within the City of Whitehorse. RIP Peter you will be sadly missed.

RIP Peter White, a great contributor to the East Burwood Football Club. Peter was also a great servant to Cricket in the Eastern Suburbs. His work in setting up and organising the VETS Cricket competition made it possible for so many older cricketers to continue playing. Peter was also a committee member of the Reporter District Cricket Competition and a member of the Whitehorse Sport and Recreation Network that provided advice and guidance on the future of sport and recreation development within the City of Whitehorse. RIP Peter you will be sadly missed.

Cliff thank you for messaging me about Peter's passing and similar thoughts.His contribution to cricket especially in the growth of vets cricket is something that he will also be remembered for but also his involvement at East Burwood FC and other community committees.A guy we all loved and a real gentleman who loved many sports and sadly will be missed by all.RIP Peter.

Very sad and on the same day, Mavis Tainton, wife of the late Colin Tainton passed away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are EFNL including promotion and relegation this year? Looks like the southern comp is
I hope not, it is just a plain stupid idea. Goulburn Valley League are giving premierships to teams that finished on top. Have a look on their forum, doesn't seem to be much support.

I hope not, it is just a plain stupid idea. Goulburn Valley League are giving premierships to teams that finished on top. Have a look on their forum, doesn't seem to be much support.
Would be interesting to see the support from the club that wins. It seems the ones most vocal about not awarding premierships are those that are 2nd or third. This is not a regular year, to have got majority of the season complete is an achievement in itself. Obviously don't want winner being top spot as the norm, but in an abnormal season it actually makes sense to award the premiership to the top side (except premier where not everyone has played an equal amount of games) Every division has a clear top team, be it by one game but it is one game and percentage to a lot of teams.
Understand it is not ideal, but this is not an ideal world right now

Would be interesting to see the support from the club that wins. It seems the ones most vocal about not awarding premierships are those that are 2nd or third. This is not a regular year, to have got majority of the season complete is an achievement in itself. Obviously don't want winner being top spot as the norm, but in an abnormal season it actually makes sense to award the premiership to the top side (except premier where not everyone has played an equal amount of games) Every division has a clear top team, be it by one game but it is one game and percentage to a lot of teams.
Understand it is not ideal, but this is not an ideal world right now
How about a division where the second team defeated the top team by 45 points last played round to leave them a game behind, but where the top team have played the bottom team (who have only won, one game) twice and the second team haven't played them at all. Or another division where 1st and 2nd are on the same number of wins with only percentage between them, but the 2nd team defeated the 1st team in the only game against each other.
It would be stupid thing to do and if they asked the clubs if it was a good idea they'd only get votes from the club who was on top of the ladder.

How about a division where the second team defeated the top team by 45 points last played round to leave them a game behind, but where the top team have played the bottom team (who have only won, one game) twice and the second team haven't played them at all. Or another division where 1st and 2nd are on the same number of wins with only percentage between them, but the 2nd team defeated the 1st team in the only game against each other.
It would be stupid thing to do and if they asked the clubs if it was a good idea they'd only get votes from the club who was on top of the ladder.
So, because a team was the top team at the end of the season they get no reward? We aren't in a normal season set up. You will lose players because if you dont award a winner then another season is meaningless. There is zero guarantee that next year will be normal. Don't do promotion/relegation because of the reasons you said, but you can award a winner.

So, because a team was the top team at the end of the season they get no reward? We aren't in a normal season set up. You will lose players because if you dont award a winner then another season is meaningless. There is zero guarantee that next year will be normal. Don't do promotion/relegation because of the reasons you said, but you can award a winner.

More likely to lose more players because the competition is a farce awarding a Premiership to teams that just happen to be on top of the ladder when the season is called & that may be there simply because they have played bottom sides more often.
It’s tough but better to award none that effect the integrity of the competition IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right it isn't a normal season so why do the normal thing and have a premier, just for the sake of having a premier. I don't believe you will have many supporters on here.

Awarding premierships would be a joke.

As for promotion and relegation, think it should only happen where two teams agree - there are sometimes clubs that will be okay with going down to give them a shot at being more competitive. If they want to and there's a side who want to come up without winning a flag, I'd say you let that happen.

The only way I can see a "premiership" being fair is if all teams have played each other once. In that case I'd take any double-up games and make them worth only two points, and halve the scores for and against for percentage purposes. That way "every team has played every team once".

That could be somewhat fair but probably not worth it for mine.

What about a Top team in lower division plays bottom team in higher division in March for relegation/promotion?

I suppose being from East burwood you'd know all about integrity in promotion...

I suppose being from East burwood you'd know all about integrity in promotion...
I think if you asked the other clubs to vote if being promoted after losing the grand final is a good idea they would be against that too....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back