Multiplat Diablo 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to 87 on a Pulverise Druid. I have enjoyed the game, but, end game and itemisation need a lot of work. CC needs diminished returns, the higher NM you go the worse it gets. Uber uniques are ridiculous, you have a better chance of winning Powerball than getting one of these. Why they level-locked gear is beyond me. Uniques are just rares with an aspect, they should have at least upped the stats on these. This makes NM grinding boring.

Blue items and white items are pointless, no bases or crafting.

I'll start playing when the ladder starts, the new gem thing isn't that exciting but I bought the battle pass so I'll give it a go. I'm sure they'll improve the game, D2 didn't hit its straps until LoD was released.

This season patch will hopefully be a disaster for them. Jeez.

All classes are nerfed. No reduction in enchantment costs. Helltides are slower. Boosting is nerfed to the absolute ground. Doing content other than Nightmare dungeons is nerfed. Experience bonus for killing monsters of higher levels nerfed by around 90% Crit and vulnerable damage nerfed 17% and 40% respectively, not counting the nerf to the inherent affixes to certain weapons.

That's a shame, i was already feeling like it was repetitive and was finishing just for the sake of getting through it. Its just doing the same thing over and over picking up a slightly shinier object.
Was hoping the season would spruke it up a bit.

They nerfed some abilities I think one being Hammer of the ancients

Damm I loved using that ability it obliterates enimes it probably only does half the damage now.
I had a read and the patch notes have so many changes that it's going to be hard to figure out what everything did. A lot of nerfs but heaps of buffs too although I doubt many will be specced or geared for them. The hammer nerf seemed to be a bug that was doing too much damage to the edges of the hit, It will be interesting to see the end result.

I only started played a week ago and lvl 33. I still haven't died yet so it is a pretty easy game. I doubt I'm playing much past the story anyway, I'll get bored too quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok so i didnt get to finish the campaign before today and this season thingy - am i screwed? i'm in act 5?

if i need to start over and do all that again i wont be bothering - i'll just finish the story and move onto something else.

baldurs gate 3 will probably take over when that hits anyway

You can keep playing your same character as normal. The seasonal and eternal realms are completely separate.

A guy at work is already pulling the "I'm starting to feel real sick, I'll WFH today" BS so he can call in sick or fake working from home on Friday, I've already publicly called him out on it :)

The same guy takes blocks of days off whenever a WoW expansion gets released so he can smash it for 3 days straight.
...... and like clockwork, he worked from home today (not a typical WFH day for him) and after a couple hours said he has a migraine and had to go offline.

Is this actually as bad as the Steam reviews say? I'm half tempted to pick it up in the Halloween sale, but the lack of comments in here and the "mixed" rating is a little concerning. Being Blizzard I doubt it'll go on sale too much.

I don't check Steam reviews so can't say if it's as bad, but Blizzard dropped the ball with how the seasons work vs D3 as well as some really bizarre updates to balancing which made lots of the fun builds unfun. A lot of the die-hard players in a Diablo group I'm on on FB have actually gone back to playing D3 seasons in the mean time until Blizzard fix up 4 some more.

I played it when if 1st came out, and have been a fan of the game since D1 back in the old days on Win98. But for one reason or another, I got bored of this game really quick. I can't put my finger on it, but grinding away for long hours just doesn't interest me like it did in previous games.
Even the added pull of playing 2 player co-op with my boy for long hours isn't enough pull to keep persisting.

I got through the campaign story, which I did enjoy, grinded for a little bit in the next world tier and then lost interest. That would've been sometime in August.

I haven't paid much attention to the chatter and politics of intricacies of the game, nerfing/buffing, patch fixes etc. to notice any changes but the interest just hasn't been there like it was from particularly say, D2 & D3.

Its gameplay loops just isnt fun or satisfying.

The diablo 3 seasons were at least kind of fun and the rewards were great.

Battlepasses were a mistake

D3 seasons and rifts worked like the carrot on the string analogy. It had you keep coming back. The game is meant to be a grind but D3's reward loop was stimulating enough. D4 was a massive own goal. They nailed the story experience and the world is darker and more grim than 3, but the entire end game is just the grind part with very little reward.

I still have faith in the long term though. Blizzard don't stop supporting their main games and D3 was poo at launch too and it took until the Reaper of Souls expansion before it is what it is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back