Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Seth Meyers Go Time GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Fox Footy analyst David King is predicting Hawthorn to stage an upset against Essendon on Saturday, citing a “psychological” factor facing the Bombers ahead of Round 1.

Some comments don’t age well… really fast.

Fox Footy analyst David King is predicting Hawthorn to stage an upset against Essendon on Saturday, citing a “psychological” factor facing the Bombers ahead of Round 1.

I believe this whole thing was framed over our messaging. It’s pretty obvious that King and Brad have different philosophies. He was critical at Brad for not embracing the shinbone culture when he had his tenure at North. It’s an interesting conversation due to our own discussions about culture and how important it is.

Now I believe that Lloyd and Bartel is on the same side as Kings side. They think it puts a negative vibe onto the playing group but me as a player tell me the truth and I will play my heart out for you win lose or draw but don’t bullshit me or the fans. I hate liars and spin doctors give me the straight medicine.

Calling him an analyst is almost as delusional as anything he actually says.

Calling him an analyst is almost as delusional as anything he actually says.
Kingie doubling down today - muppet…

This is what hits me hard. For how long were they so poor that they’re so far off the mark?” King said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“With intelligent, reasonable people at the head of all programs there… how far off the pace were they for Brad to be saying this is an alarm for me.

“And where are those people? Are they still there? If you’re purging players or challenging players because of these standards, surely, they have to go as well.

“That was the thing that really hit me. But I just don’t like the messaging. People have come at me hard… I don’t know if I’ve heard a coach be so accepting that they’re not challenging to drive up the ladder in an impatient fashion.

“I think he needs to correct that, hopefully it’s as quickly as today.”

This is what hits me hard. For how long were they so poor that they’re so far off the mark?” King said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“With intelligent, reasonable people at the head of all programs there… how far off the pace were they for Brad to be saying this is an alarm for me.

“And where are those people? Are they still there? If you’re purging players or challenging players because of these standards, surely, they have to go as well.

“That was the thing that really hit me. But I just don’t like the messaging. People have come at me hard… I don’t know if I’ve heard a coach be so accepting that they’re not challenging to drive up the ladder in an impatient fashion.

The problem with Kingy is that he analyses on instinct which is sort of the opposite to analysing. He is more a gut feel kind of guy.

1710581107516.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing with David King is that if Scott is successful with Essendon, he has conquered the factors that were involved with his downfall at North.

Essendon and North are very similar in ways. Both teams last successful period was in the 90’s. Both arrogant on past glory.

And both teams have past players/coaches with too much influence at the club. King was 100% involved in his dismissal at North.

Scott, has had to overcome old custodians of Essendon who 100% want Hird to take over and seems to be on the right path. If Scott becomes a premiership coach of Essendon, not only would be become an Essendon legend, but it would be an ultimate heck you to someone like King who has been a thorn in his side for years.

From Age today -
Now, Brad Scott is programming his men to play with an “Essendon edge”. Scott wants his charges to dial up the aggression, albeit with control.
Not even the Bombers know yet exactly what the “Essendon edge” will look like.

From the man who bought us AFL lifestyle, we now get the Essendon Edge.
  • Love the idea of a harder style
  • Worried coach is just throwing out sound bites now

PS - coach loves a slogan. Seen him wearing both Stop the Boats and Kevin ‘07 slogan tshirts

Last edited:
From Age today -
Now, Brad Scott is programming his men to play with an “Essendon edge”. Scott wants his charges to dial up the aggression, albeit with control.
Not even the Bombers know yet exactly what the “Essendon edge” will look like.

From the man who bought us AFL lifestyle, we now get the Essendon Edge.
  • Love the idea of a harder style
  • Worried coach is just throwing out sound bites now

PS - coach lives a slogan. Seen him wearing both Stop the Boats and Kevin ‘07 slogan tshirts

Better slogan then North Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back