Preview David Mundy - 300 games (New, improved 350 game recipe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
This weekend in a great bit of synchronicity, David Mundy plays his 300th game against the Bulldogs, the team that coughed up pick 19 for Steven Koops, amd lobbed him in our laps...good to get a trade win for a change.

Often unheralded and shaded by Fyfe, Pav and Sandilands this fella is an absolute Rolls Royce of a footballer. Never made all Australian but has been a bloody marvellous footballer anyway.

In the granny we lost he almost turned the game our way by himself. And who could forget the two Mundy v Richmond games.

Congrats on a great career that is still being played at an elite level, being fantastic again today against GWS.

Last edited:

big fan of mundy....could have gone back home but stuck it out and is ice cool with the ball in hand. Richmond must hate him.

If this thread goes to multiple pages in going to quote the OP just for the Richmond videos again.

Big fan of Mundy even though he's cut us up many times. I am expecting to see him at a Freo game soon in his civvies and be like 'oh that's right, he retired'. Mr low key. Second player out of WA to play 300, huge effort. Apparently missed half of 2011, I barely remember seeing him on the sidelines for 15 years.

You’d struggle to hate the guy

He pops up for some amazing purple patches in games. He was never a four quarter star - he would just chug along doing his thing the ignite and explode when needed

Ultra professional and admire his loyalty Here’s hoping we get 4 points for him on Saturday night <3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always loved Mundy. Still fondly remember his very first game, an instant classic high-scoring win over (a decent) Melbourne at the MCG.

Has been a champion for at least a decade now. As with comtemporaries like Sam Mitchell, Priddis and Matthew Boyd, was a little unheralded for long patches of his career.

Been a good player for a long time.
300 games is some achievement.
Surprised he was never AA, but in his prime he would have had a couple of years that he would have gone close.

I have never heard a negative word spoken about this bloke.
Time stands still when he has the ball which is a gift from the football gods that not many possess.
He definitely goes under the radar but the thing that stands out most for me is his hardness at the ball amd amazing durability despite his courage.
I look forward to reading many more messages on this thread in the next week as we celebrate #mundy3hundy.

If this thread goes to multiple pages in going to quote the OP just for the Richmond videos again.

Big fan of Mundy even though he's cut us up many times. I am expecting to see him at a Freo game soon in his civvies and be like 'oh that's right, he retired'. Mr low key. Second player out of WA to play 300, huge effort. Apparently missed half of 2011, I barely remember seeing him on the sidelines for 15 years.
Half of Freo's list missed most of 2011. By the last H&A game they had to get special permission from the AFL to fly in a rookie to cover a late withdrawal as they had literally no one else iirc

Half of Freo's list missed most of 2011. By the last H&A game they had to get special permission from the AFL to fly in a rookie to cover a late withdrawal as they had literally no one else iirc
Yep, had to get special permission to get two rookies elevated to have a squad of 25, and one of them (Casey Sibosado) ended up having to play due to McPharlin injuring himself in the warmup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back