PFEIFFER Darren copy.jpg

Height: 183 cm

Weight: 81 kg

Date of Birth: 28th September 1987

Nickname:

Twitter Handle:

Position: Defender/Midfielder

SANFL Club: Norwood

Recruited From: Norwood (2011 Rookie Draft Pick #3)

Other AFL Clubs: Adelaide (2006-2007, 0 games, 0 goals), Carlton (2008, 7 games, 4 goals)

Career Games (to end of 2012): 23 (6 wins, 1 draw, 16 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2012): 6

For more career stats click here.

Honours:

More info on Darren Pfeiffer:
Darren came to Port Adelaide in 2012 on his third chance, after short stints at both Adelaide and Carlton. Some excellent form for Norwood in 2011 saw him come to the club as a rookie list player. It wasn’t long before Darren made his Port Adelaide debut, playing against Collingwood in Round 4. Darren ended up playing 16 games for the year, playing some excellent football across the half back line through the middle part of the year. He was inexplicably dropped late in the year which affected his confidence and form. Darren has been kept on as a rookie list player for 2013 and will no doubt see game time again throughout the year.

Highlight Reel:

Re: #31 Darren Pfeiffer (Rookie)

Pfeiffer has been promoted to the senior list as the club's nominated rookie for 2012. Well done Darren!!

Link

Pfeiffer Earns Upgrade

pfeifferNAB4-cycler.jpg

Utility Darren Pfeiffer has been promoted to Port Adelaide’s senior list as the club’s nominated rookie for season 2012 making him eligible for selection from round one of the premiership season.

The Power were able to permanently elevate Pfeiffer onto its senior list to fill the club’s 40th spot as it only has one player - captain Dom Cassisi - on the veteran’s list.

Link

Probably his best game of AFL footy.

Didn't use it as well early but was doing all the little things well and used his strong body to force the ball to our advantage a number of times (something we have lacked).

His effort in the last was epic. I loved the way he took the game on, attacked and made things happen. I think the fact that he has come from a winning Norwood team helped with that mindset to take it on and win it in the last when perhaps some of our other players would have retreated into their shells.

This could be a landmark game for both Darren and the PAFC.

The beginning of the rebirth of both!

Please sir can I have some more? :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Well done Darren Phifff, Fyfer, pfifferr, Phefier ... oh that guy from Norwood who looks like Conan.

I was lamenting his form to my footy comrades at the start of the last quarter and suddenly he turned it on. More please. :thumbsu:

He got caught out a bit in the higher intensity of the Showdown but he isn't the first player that will happen to. Outside of that he has been ok... Rhode even mentioned that he was unlucky to be dropped after the Richmond game.

If he can get his 15 touches playing a number of different roles and use it well he is doing his job for us. He is a lot better than O'Shea in that role.

If we are looking at players who need to up their disposal count and be in the game all the time they are Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, etc.

Good pickup so far.

This.

Going by the 'journeyman spud has big game against North, becomes gun' precedent set by Jay Schulz, we might've fluked a player here.

Yeah, nice analogy. I hope you're onto something.

His preseason was pretty good, during which he showed confidence to play on quickly from the mark and use the ball constructively through the centre corridor. He's certainly more daring in that regard than some of our senior players.

Does anyone else think that at 3 quarter time there was an element of "**** this I'm going to forget everything they have taught me in the AFL system and just go and get the ****ing footy"? He certainly played that last quarter like a possessed man.

Great last quarter and hopefully it gives him the confidence to go on with it from here.

I will admit I haven't been keen on him at all and wasn't until the 4th qtr yesterday when he stood up and took some risks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think that at 3 quarter time there was an element of "**** this I'm going to forget everything they have taught me in the AFL system and just go and get the ****ing footy"? He certainly played that last quarter like a possessed man.

Great last quarter and hopefully it gives him the confidence to go on with it from here.

It's because it stopped being AFL and switched to the more one-on-one SANFL structures which he thrives in.

It's because it stopped being AFL and switched to the more one-on-one SANFL structures which he thrives in.

Fair point that.

Looks like a few of our boys enjoyed the one on one style. Who'd have thunk it.

His last quarter was huge to us winning the game. Hopefully he takes the confidence in his work in the last quarter and has a big game against the Suns next week. #Darren

Well done Darren! Had been written off by me and my mate and we cringed whenever he gained possession in the first three quarters.

But that last quarter was outstanding and we were very happy for him. Looked more settled and that could be the breakthrough for him. Here's hoping he brings that sort of game every week.

To stand up when it counted was a good sign.

When watching his error-riddled games to date my refrain has been, "you're not swanning around halfback at The Parade picking up cheapies".

Prior to Q4 looked every bit like your second-tier gun who can't quite fathom why he can't get away with the type of decision-making and movement that nets him copious pats on the back as the sun goes down at places like Woodville and Noarlunga.

Then boom, out of nowhere it was as if Adam Sandler pointed in his direction and clicked FF on his Click remote.

It's tempting to say he naturally improved as the game slowed down to the level he's comfortable with as North increasingly slowed to a walk, but he suddenly started reading incoming balls, winning contested footy and breaking lines quick and direct like he'd just unlocked a couple of perks on Fallout3.

I really really hope it's not a flash-in-the-pan because Hartlett seemed to be inspired by it and followed his lead and I'd take a pinch of that style of footy over whatever the hell Dom was trying to do back there all day.

If not for his last quarter I would've been calling for him to be dropped, but if not for his last quarter we probably would've lost.

I was happy with his attack and endeavour for most of the game to be honest. Not surprisingly disposal was off early but he was tackling to hurt and getting ball under pressure.

His last quarter saw him rewarded for hard running both ways with dome ball in space.

I might add Matt Thomas also was important in the last getting on the end of a few balls by running hard to space.

Just about everything turned to gold in that last quarter.

He played well, but im not convinced on his benefits beyond short term depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back