Current best pub to watch Crows in Melbourne (Showdown)

Remove this Banner Ad

bennybennybenny

Draftee
Sep 4, 2009
Adelaide, S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey guys,
I'm a Crows member but unfortunately I'm going to be in Melbourne for work this coming weekend so I'm going to miss out on the Showdown on Sunday. So I'm looking for a good pub in Melbourne to watch the match on the Sunday. I have looked through a few old threads on the forums with people recommending The Rose and Bells as good places - are these two still the best places to watch the Crows? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers Benny

I've previously recommended The Rose on here -but I am officially rescinding that recommendation

They did renovations and they suck - Lost all the charm the place once had, and now it looks more like a shiny bistro rather than a pub

-----

Victoria Hotel in Brunswick is where I watch footy at the pub these days -- I guess it depends on where you are staying though

apparently there is a pub in South Melbourne that specifically caters for Crows supporters - don't venture down that way at all though

I've previously recommended The Rose on here -but I am officially rescinding that recommendation

They did renovations and they suck - Lost all the charm the place once had, and now it looks more like a shiny bistro rather than a pub

-----

Victoria Hotel in Brunswick is where I watch footy at the pub these days -- I guess it depends on where you are staying though

apparently there is a pub in South Melbourne that specifically caters for Crows supporters - don't venture down that way at all though

Agree, the rose has gone to s**t. Bells and the Limerick Arms in South Melbourne are decent.

Otherwise the Sporting Globe in Richmond has a good vibe - big rugby union crowd though so check whether a Super Rugby game is on otherwise its just full of of mouthy kiwis.

Can vouch for the Sporting globe in Richmond. Would love a bar like that in Adelaide.
They're a franchise, so probably not long before one appears in Adelaide (we noticed one in Geelong the other day)! FWIW the steaks / food in general is ordinary there, but atmosphere, esp upstairs is great to watch Crows games. Best to check, as a previous poster mentioned, if rugby games are clashing first!

The tricky part is that the game mostly overlaps with the Hawthorn vs Richmond game, so will be tough to find somewhere with audio for the showdown. But the places mentioned are all good for footy watching, and will at least have some TVs showing the game.

<sigh> I thought when I moved to Melbourne it would be awesome but then made the fatal mistake of living in the western suburbs. Could very well be living in any nameless suburb in Australia as living here. Anyway...

Does anyway have any suggestions for Crows friendly footy watching on the Adelaide side;) of the Westgate?

How far west are you?

I was actually gonna have to work out somewhere in Footscray this Sunday as I'll have band practice straight after the game so thought I'd find somewhere out there to watch it - but I haven't really found anywhere yet (but same time haven't looked)

<sigh> I thought when I moved to Melbourne it would be awesome but then made the fatal mistake of living in the western suburbs. Could very well be living in any nameless suburb in Australia as living here. Anyway...

Does anyway have any suggestions for Crows friendly footy watching on the Adelaide side;) of the Westgate?

The Alma. too far lol?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

London Tavern in Richmond is always a great footy atmosphere, awesome pub. Despite Richmond playing at same time, there'll be a couple of TVs playing other games.

The Mail Exchange Cnr of Spencer and Bourke St is also good, heaps of TVs and good food and atmosphere

London Tavern in Richmond is always a great footy atmosphere, awesome pub. Despite Richmond playing at same time, there'll be a couple of TVs playing other games.

The Mail Exchange Cnr of Spencer and Bourke St is also good, heaps of TVs and good food and atmosphere
Umm ... I’m going to suggest not watching a Crows game in a Richmond pub while Richmond are also playing

Why not? Watch it in your hotel room if you can't handle a bit of banter

Who said the mail Exchange? Awful joint, full of degernates.

Sporting Globe/London tavern best palces in Richmond (i live in Richmond) but obviously very por Tigers - kelvin moore (played 100 odd games for them) owns th richmond SG.

Bells is the smot Crows friendly. Good tap beers/food too.

Buuuuuump

Any ideas for today's game? Obviously the biggest issue will be that it clashes with the GC v Mel game and WB v Bris game so it might be hard to find a place with the audio on.

I thought there used to be a dedicated Melbourne supporters group that would meet at a certain venue.

Edit - just saw above that the hotel in question is bells in south melbourne. Might give that a crack :thumbsu:

Hey guys,
I'm a Crows member but unfortunately I'm going to be in Melbourne for work this coming weekend so I'm going to miss out on the Showdown on Sunday. So I'm looking for a good pub in Melbourne to watch the match on the Sunday. I have looked through a few old threads on the forums with people recommending The Rose and Bells as good places - are these two still the best places to watch the Crows? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers Benny
Saturday 4.40pm Melbourne time.

Edit: Oh, old thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back