Cubs Universe

Remove this Banner Ad

The dream of 15 comes to an end and although disappointing to go out without a yelp, i'm thrilled at whats ahead.
The Cubs are already far ahead of projections and 3 blue chip additions should be enough to go a step further.
Go Cubs Go.

2015 Rookie of the Year!

2015-Topps-Kris-Bryant-RC_zpsdzyixubm.jpg

Jake Arrieta wins the CY Young
Joe Maddon wins the NL manger of the year
Kris Bryant wins rookie of the year

Cubs have signed veteran John Lackey from the silly people for two years.
Not a block buster trade but a very good 3-4 pitcher if his arm stays strong at his age

Zobrist and Heyward both sign to fill holes that needed filling to take the next step.

Lackey, Zobrist and Heyward added to a 97 game winning team is dream material :)

Welcome back Dexter Fowler!
Decided to stay for less years and money because the Cubs were "where his his heart was" :)

Schwarber, Fowler , Heyward and Soler platooning and allows Heyward to play his natural RF :)

Love this move !

Chris Coughlan moves to the As for RHP Aaron Brooks to clear cap space for Fowlers return

Loving this season so far, even without Schwarber there seems to be no glaring weakness.
Best season start by any side in the MLB since the 84 Tigers who went on to win the WS.

Long time Cards fan here, and therefore probably about as welcome as Murphy the goat on this forum, but Leicester, Dogs and Cubs would round out a great year for sport. Plus, I've been to Wrigley Field. Dunno what that means... except that I'd be genuinely happy to see the Cubbies win it all this year.

Long time Cards fan here, and therefore probably about as welcome as Murphy the goat on this forum, but Leicester, Dogs and Cubs would round out a great year for sport. Plus, I've been to Wrigley Field. Dunno what that means... except that I'd be genuinely happy to see the Cubbies win it all this year.

Was thinking about those sides you mentioned plus Cronulla who had their maiden NRL title this year.
I think they can beat LA.

Go Cubbies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda and Cubs fan - The masochistic double.

This capitulation at the hands of the Dodgers was almost as predictable as the day is long. With Kershaw back again pitching in game 5 we look **** out of luck. Our offense is going to have to get a wriggle on.

St Kilda and Cubs fan - The masochistic double.

This capitulation at the hands of the Dodgers was almost as predictable as the day is long. With Kershaw back again pitching in game 5 we look **** out of luck. Our offense is going to have to get a wriggle on.

Not so fast!
Kershaw is a leviathan obstacle no doubt, but we lead the series again and Hendricks record at Wrigley this year is almost perfect.

I think it goes to 7 though.... im not sure my hearts gonna take it but thats my prediction.

The past two nights have undoubtedly been an extraordinary turn around in regards to offense.

Was surprised to see that Contreras didn't take over Heyward's OF position with Ross coming in for this morning's game, but then again credit to Maddon for sticking with his lineup.
Fingers crossed Jason can get things going at the plate before it has a chance to really bite him and us on the arse down the track.

Next year is no more.
The Cubs are 2016 World Champions.
From 3-1 down....this is overwhelming for me

I can actually enjoy things this summer rather than being totally numb. If we lost the World Series, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy things such as the NBA. What a thrilling series and a bloody joy!

I can actually enjoy things this summer rather than being totally numb. If we lost the World Series, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy things such as the NBA. What a thrilling series and a bloody joy!

I'm already afraid of the belting my account is going to take with the 2016 World Champion merchandise that i won't be able to resist.

I pretty much have every shirt,jersey and hat in the known world, but this is different gravy.

The Cubs are world champions :)

I'm already afraid of the belting my account is going to take with the 2016 World Champion merchandise that i won't be able to resist.

I pretty much have every shirt,jersey and hat in the known world, but this is different gravy.

The Cubs are world champions :)

I have already pre-ordered the collectors edition of the World Series BluRay. It's an 8-disc set, so it will feature all 7 World Series games and probably the NLCS clincher. These sets feature all World Series games and usually the clinching games for the other 2 series (plus wildcard game) but since our series went 7 games and it's an 8 game set they only have one disc for something else. https://www.amazon.com/Major-League...=1478242884&sr=8-1&keywords=2016+World+Series

Can't wait to re-live the series, hopefully the games will have the option for radio broadcasts because Buck and Smoltz are bloody awful.

Don't know if I will buy any other merchandise. The World Series Champions hoodie is really nice and I might buy that. But I will probably hold off on that to see if an Ebay account will be selling them in Australia so I can save a bit of money, though. I already have the Cubs hat and a really nice Chicago Baseball top. https://storage.googleapis.com/qn8drnd1/Pi2cn9/ptonfrc2m58becc6iqk19nt577.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nike-MLB...hash=item1eb3ba740b:m:mptfFMrqwPq6D0AHTHLeiXw

Last edited:
Sportscenter on ESPN just dedicated a 30 minute program to the Cubs parade which is live right now. I watched at least 10 minutes of it as that is when I turned on the TV but I rewound on the Foxtel app and I am watching it from the start. David Ross spoke first, Anthony Rizzo handed the final out ball to Tom Ricketts, the singer who performs "Go Cubs Go" performed the song and the the program showed some numbers of the series and the one that said the Cubs this year is the youngest team to win the World Series since the 1966 Orioles really stood out. We had something like 6 players on the World Series roster all 24 and younger. That's not to mention the players like Rizzo, Heyward, Hendricks, Edwards, Montgomery all 27 and younger. This team is built for years to come.

So happy being a Cubs fan right now. Chicago is my second home as my wife is from there. We go back every 2 years and it is probably the greatest sporting city in the US. Go Cubs Go!!

So happy being a Cubs fan right now. Chicago is my second home as my wife is from there. We go back every 2 years and it is probably the greatest sporting city in the US. Go Cubs Go!!

Is going to Chicago next year on the horizon? It would be awesome to be in Wrigley Field for the ring ceremonial next April.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back