Covid Passport Australian ID Card

Remove this Banner Ad

A possible pivotal moment in democratic society as we know it. This topic is far more than short term, arguably short-sighted, business economic consideration.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

The Australian public not so long ago railed against the notion of an Australian ID Card you could be forced to show anywhere you went and without which you could be banned from accessing areas. It was massive amongst the populace and the people quashed it.
Isn't it astounding how the same people fail to realise that is exactly what they are accepting now.

Here is scientific proof and test results from doctors that prove ABC.
Nah I don't believe that because these scientists and doctors said XYZ.

Ahhh a vicious circle.
One group/side is going to be proven correct one day, hopefully soon.

I personally can't wait for the TRUE TRUTH to come out so we can just all get on with it, unfortunately the power and control we have allowed to go on by our willingness to comply and believe so easily will make it near impossible to go back to true normal freedom.

When I say TRUE TRUTH i mean either side of the argument. I know what side I currently reside on but if the other side is proven beyond enough doubt then I will concede to being wrong. Even though I am just choosing what I believe to be the current safer option for me and my family.

Covid/Vaccine passports are a doorway to a society we do not want to live in.

The Australian public not so long ago railed against the notion of an Australian ID Card you could be forced to show anywhere you went and without which you could be banned from accessing areas. It was massive amongst the populace and the people quashed it.
Isn't it astounding how the same people fail to realise that is exactly what they are accepting now.
no, that was a health records card which held all of your health records, where for some reason the federal liberal government (lets be honest, we know exactly why they did this) decided it would be a good idea that they would be able to sell access to those records to private medical and insurance companies.

people objected to the federal government wanting to sell their private medical information to private companies, not the idea of an id or medical records card (which we already have in the form of passports, drivers license, medicare card, working with children cards, etc).

Ahhh a vicious circle.

I personally can't wait for the TRUE TRUTH to come out so we can just all get on with it, unfortunately the power and control we have allowed to go on by our willingness to comply and believe so easily will make it near impossible to go back to true normal freedom.

When I say TRUE TRUTH i mean either side of the argument. I know what side I currently reside on but if the other side is proven beyond enough doubt then I will concede to being wrong. Even though I am just choosing what I believe to be the current safer option for me and my family.

This is subtler than usual but obvious.

One side of the argument is more than three billion people, most scientists, doctors, all governments worldwide, the other is mostly a bunch of whackos with oppositional defiance disorder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no, that was a health records card which held all of your health records, where for some reason the federal liberal government (lets be honest, we know exactly why they did this) decided it would be a good idea that they would be able to sell access to those records to private medical and insurance companies.

people objected to the federal government wanting to sell their private medical information to private companies, not the idea of an id or medical records card (which we already have in the form of passports, drivers license, medicare card, working with children cards, etc).
biggest problem with apps such as myGov is they are badly made, and look like they’ll be different from country to country. Yet the yellow card system has existed for decades but I guess a stamped card can't track you your consumerism and voting intention

Last edited:
biggest problem with apps such as myGov is they are badly made, and look like they’ll be different from country to country. Yet the yellow card system has existed for decades but I guess a stamped card can't track you your consumerism and voting intention
i didnt get the covidsafe app because i wasnt happy that amazon (who the us gov can compel to hand over private information) had bought the data holding rights. also it was obvious it was a p.o.s. app. but im more than happy to use the check in system.

there are legit privacy concerns with centralised data, depending on the access given (particularly to private companies). but there are already record systems of this kind (ie the current digital medical records system) which deal with this issue. And if we want a single 'id' card which has our information on it but want to be careful about privacy, the easy solution is that the data is stored on the card itself (like with myki) rather than on a cloud server with access sold to private companies.

i didnt get the covidsafe app because i wasnt happy that amazon (who the us gov can compel to hand over private information) had bought the data holding rights. also it was obvious it was a p.o.s. app. but im more than happy to use the check in system.

there are legit privacy concerns with centralised data, depending on the access given (particularly to private companies). but there are already record systems of this kind (ie the current digital medical records system) which deal with this issue. And if we want a single 'id' card which has our information on it but want to be careful about privacy, the easy solution is that the data is stored on the card itself (like with myki) rather than on a cloud server with access sold to private companies.

tell me about it. When I left oz in July on a plane with just 8 passengers it took hours to process us cos the dept computers were down and they weren’t answering calls to do with ‘permission to leave oz sir’

it will be a massive cluster falk and I’m tempted to just work remotely from the UK till it’s all shaken through

Also - Amazon - out]r governments prefer them despite them paying little or no tax?
Also - it’s not like a passport or a card, it’s a collection of apps which every state or nation seems to be developing their own. So easily faked why even bother?

Ahhh a vicious circle.

I'd argue they're a doorway out of a society I don't want to live in

The various systems will be a huge cluster falk and politicians all over will get kick backs for substandard systems which might as well not be there from a disease prevention point of view.

just like you can’t take a plane down with 101ml of liquid.

The Response from govts etc will be the same. Pick out a few transgressors and fine them an insane amount of money which the clearly can’t pay and probably won’t be asked to.

‘Optics rules today

This will be one of the biggest barriers. There is no integration currently between the services provided by the States (eg the VicGov app you use to check in) and Federal (mygov). And any integration between the two would be an absolute shitshow in terms of privacy and infosec.

Not to mention any cross-border integration of systems.

I'd assume it will end up something similar to the yellow book that you (have always) needed as evidence of immunisation when travelling to high risk areas - like when travelling to places with concerns around Hep A/B/C or Dengue.

This will be one of the biggest barriers. There is no integration currently between the services provided by the States (eg the VicGov app you use to check in) and Federal (mygov). And any integration between the two would be an absolute shitshow in terms of privacy and infosec.

Not to mention any cross-border integration of systems.

I'd assume it will end up something similar to the yellow book that you (have always) needed as evidence of immunisation when travelling to high risk areas - like when travelling to places with concerns around Hep A/B/C or Dengue.
we've already got something, it's called a medicare card.

i'm just hesitant to have to carry around another thing. i have no issues with the yellow booklet system, except that being paper is rubbish because it can easily be damaged or faked. thats mitigated because you only need to carry it when flying international. imho the best thing is to link it to an existing system like medicare, which should also avoid the shitshow of different and unintegrated apps pessimistic raised.

Ahhh a vicious circle.

What a weird post.

There isn't one argument that you're either on one side or the other about.

The issue here is that there are about 10 different arguments going on simultaneously.

Of these '10 different arguments', there's really only 2 or 3 that are even debatable.

The rest are just straight up facts, that only the top shelf *******s try to argue against. There is no two sides to choose between.

Some random dude with the letters 'Dr' before their name giving an opinion on some YouTube channel run by someone with a vested interest, is not a counter argument to scientific evidence.

Facts are facts.

The opinion arguments are different. People can choose a side all they want. I generally see both sides to these ones.

Is Dan Andrews a dick? Should we let lots of people die, instead of locking down? Should the government mandate Vax? Should America have voted Trump in?

Fair enough to debate those opinions. Most of it is irrelevant, but whatever.

Last edited:
It's worth 15 minutes of your time.

I used to enjoy Rogan was great about 8 years ago the harder right he swung the more money he made the more money he made the harder he swung right
To the point where no one on his show challenges his bullshit they come on and pander his opinions to promote themselves
The great minds rarely venture to his pro gun pro freedom pro hard right government
Low tax American super power ye ha
He has 5 comedians rehash comedy store stories a couple of republican Texas politicians and keto doctor to convince your eat fat
Lex Fridman is all right but ide rather listen to his podcast with out Joe
Sam Harris hasn’t been on for ever because he’s pro vaccination
But he has the goose Brett wienstien from the dark horse podcast who turbo charged the anti vaccine message on his show
Another podcast I liked until he and his wife where also seduced by the money and reach that right wing conspiracy theory’s produce
Just ask Rupert and fox if you can make money spreading Qnanon rubbish
The sad thing is I think Joe actually believes it now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back