Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

The judge didn't find in favour of either party, the two parties came to an agreement. The Australian Government lawyers didn't even start arguing about the merits of his Visa and how it was issued.

Judge Kelly only read out a minute agreed to by both Djokovic and the Australian Government, which ordered the Australian Government to pay Djokovic’s costs and release him from detention.

The Australian government acknowledged it had not given Djokovic enough time to make his case while he was being held after arriving. With the Border Force official telling him at 5.20am he could have until 8.30am to respond, only to revoke his Visa at 7.42am which was agreed by the Australian Government (and not the judge) to be unreasonable.

Up to the Australian Government to correctly cancel his visa and not get their pants pulled down in court again in the process that they have to agree to let him in.

With respect IF there was no merit to the case, and there wasn't, then agreeing to dismiss because there had been failure to exercise procedural fairness altered the outcome.

"What more could the man have done" here's a tip Justice Kelly.......get vaccinated and don't falsify documents

Last edited:
Our judiciary on occasions are total fools

Djokovic was setting himself to defend his Aust Tennis Crown and he would have us believe that he intentionally left the circumstances to the vagaries of catching covid and recovering and then obtaining an exemption accordingly. And a judge believed him and rebuked Border Force. Like I said WOW. The prize like $4M at a guess. Yeah someone would do that..,.....NOT

And now it comes out he was out and about whilst he was at home and covid positive prior to coming here. And further that a German investigative analysis has proven that the sequence numbers on his covid test documents (supposedly in ascending sequential order by number) was actually out of sequence by 50000 numbers the positive test at higher sequence than the negative test (supposedly occuring at a later time). That is a physical impossibility of course and most likely indicative of falsified documents by some means which is not all together surprising given he was reliant on the positive then negative to get his exemption. He wouldn't care about the numbers

At the least the guy should be deported right on the cusp of the Aust Open starting. If the documents are found to be falsified it's probably jail time. Seems tennis players can be fools too
My god where have you been ?

Narcissists are often thought to have grandiose sense of self but the truth is that they are driven more by insecurity and lacking self esteem and they try to make up for these deficiencies by flexing Ie trying to exert dominance over someone by pushing supposed superiority which superiority is a self created illusion
Yep. My former boss kept telling the community that people were flocking to the place because of her reputation. Across the year we lost 8 students gained none, 75% of enrolments for next year are siblings of students already at the school and she has had one of her recruited staff pull the pin before even starting. She is known across multiple regions as being a complete bitch who sabotages other peoples careers in order to advance her own. Complete narcissist.

Yep. My former boss kept telling the community that people were flocking to the place because of her reputation. Across the year we lost 8 students gained none, 75% of enrolments for next year are siblings of students already at the school and she has had one of her recruited staff pull the pin before even starting. She is known across multiple regions as being a complete b*tch who sabotages other peoples careers in order to advance her own. Complete narcissist.
Can i just ask what have these posts got to do with covid

Can i just ask what have these posts got to do with covid
Nothing. A little distracted. Occasionally happens.

To get back on track I guess I could talk about the sense of caution I have with the isolation exemptions being introduced to education. Once schools return, there will be mass spread of the virus, you just had to see the clusters before Christmas and a majority were schools. The need for exemptions to continue teaching despite being a close contact comes from the fact a majority of casual relief teachers have taken up jobs as part of the tutoring initiative. The tutoring initiative was brought in to support kids who had fallen behind as a result of remote learning. In many ways we have robbed Peter to pay Paul.

Nothing. A little distracted. Occasionally happens.

To get back on track I guess I could talk about the sense of caution I have with the isolation exemptions being introduced to education. Once schools return, there will be mass spread of the virus, you just had to see the clusters before Christmas and a majority were schools. The need for exemptions to continue teaching despite being a close contact comes from the fact a majority of casual relief teachers have taken up jobs as part of the tutoring initiative. The tutoring initiative was brought in to support kids who had fallen behind as a result of remote learning. In many ways we have robbed Peter to pay Paul.
All good and i know who starts it.
The Joker about to get thrown out

As of today there are 734,211 active cases in Aust. Of those 306 are in ICU

We don't genome sequence like other jurisdictions but other jurisdictions data would suggest that only 2% would now be delta. And on past data that would enable us to postulate that the vast majority if not all of the 306 are BOTH unvaccinated and Delta

I put forward the proposition several weeks ago that omicron is an opportunity rather than a risk. It outcompetes Delta and in the process the potential for Delta to spread is progressively denied. This fact is now playing out in fact. By denying Delta we set about likelihood of Omicron infections which kill but a handful of people. Don't want to see anyone die of course

Last edited:
As of today there are 734,211 active cases in Aust. Of those 306 are in ICU

We don't genome sequence like other jurisdictions but other jurisdictions data would suggest that only 2% would now be delta. And on past data that would enable us to postulate that the vast majority if not all of the 306 are BOTH unvaccinated and Delta

I put forward the proposition several weeks ago that omicron is an opportunity rather than a risk. It outcompetes Delta and in the process the potential for Delta to spread is progressively denied. This fact is now playing out in fact. By denying Delta we set about likelihood of Omicron infections which kill but a handful of people. Don't want to see anyone die of course
Whilst in theroy you are correct, but Australia's current 7 day deaths average is higher than it has ever been (double the deadly Vic 2nd wave that went through aged care) though sheer weight of infection numbers

Whilst in theroy you are correct, but Australia's current 7 day deaths average is higher than it has ever been (double the deadly Vic 2nd wave that went through aged care) though sheer weight of infection numbers

Yes. But if you run your eye over data in other countries you can determine that deaths are mostly non omicron. UK did an analysis for the Month of December. It turns out deaths were all Delta and none were Omicron and that unvaccinated covered most

If 2% of cases are Delta and 5% unvaccinated then approx 7000 cases are Delta possibly more allowing for the phase in/out which likely account for ALL deaths and likely all or most are unvaccinated. Remember we switched off in Nov with lockdowns whilst Delta was still there. Cases would have jumped for Delta whilst Omicron was taking over and that increase accounts for deaths. I wouldn't be surprised that the 306 ICU cases are majority if not all delta and unvaccinated.

Is theory but borne from data analysis drawn from countries which record genome sequencing in reporting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anecdotal information about covid positive. My son has contracted and recovered from omicron. Symptoms started last Saturday. He had 2 days where it was bad fever and headache and as of yesterday (5 days later) is mostly recovered. it is very short lived

I should add, fatigue was probably the most prominent symptom

Last edited:
Anecdotal information about covid positive. My son has contracted and recovered from omicron. Symptoms started last Saturday. He had 2 days where it was bad fever and headache and as of yesterday (5 days later) is mostly recovered. it is very short lived
Seeing you know everything about it ,how long is he infectious ?

Djokovic has had his visa cancelled by Hawke.

If Djokovic fails to have it reinstated in court he will then be excluded from Australia for 3 years AND his exclusion and deportation will sit as a noose when he seeks entry in other jurisdictions. This has the potential to end his career unless he changes tack and accepts vaccination

Djokovic has had his visa cancelled by Hawke.

If Djokovic fails to have it reinstated in court he will then be excluded from Australia for 3 years AND his exclusion and deportation will sit as a noose when he seeks entry in other jurisdictions. This has the potential to end his career unless he changes tack and accepts vaccination
People keep banging on about 3 years , it's not and is up to the Gov to decide , they can make it anything they like . I thought you knew everything about it

Cases now 1.73M Aust wide.
Deaths running at 40 to 50 a day now. Very sad. You hope it goes no higher. Enough price to pay already. So easy to say that in percentage terms we fare better than almost all other countries but still it's 50 lives no more lives with husband's or wives, brothers and sisters and sons or daughters. Sigh.

Stay safe everyone

I managed to organise my booster earlier than 4 mths this coming Saturday. Happy. 407 ICU (only 129 ventilated) in current active cases 708,000 represents 1 in 1732 people going into ICU or 1 in 5488 that are ventilated. I'd like to know the statistic on the common cold but I would imagine not too different. Sad that 40-50 a day lose their life all the same but in terms of risk omicron has proved an entirely different beast in a good sense from Delta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back