Covers

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chambers Brothers take on the Impressions' People Get Ready

Manfred Mann doing Dylan's With God On Our Side

Was going through a Beck phase went this gem came out.

That Manfred Mann song sounds a lot like a traditional folk song I've heard somewhere before. The chords and the melody specifically, lyrics very different.

My favourite Cover website has just published their 2022 tope 50 covers: - Enjoy!

There are plenty of covers of “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus

Wheatus - Original

Victoria Canal – My favourite interpretation, unbelievably good.

Lizzy McAlpine

Phoebe Bridgers

Halocene

One Direction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Index - 8 Miles High.

Obscure garage take from 1967. The vocals are right down in the mix, enough to call this version amateurish, not that I consider that a bad thing. I love the Byrds version but there's something darker about this. Could be the use of sound fx in the intro of the helicopter that I immediately link to the horror images of Vietnam War that I was exposed to as a child when looking through pictures in Life and Time magazine, and something that sounds like a crowd at a Nazi Party rally.

RIP David Crosby.

Husker Du - 8 Miles High

Always thought this version was a bit of a mess with Bob Mould screaming his way through the indecipherable lyrics but the intro is great. Don't know why they didn't go for harmonies on the vocals when it was one of this groups strengths.

Shockabilly - 8 Miles High

The vocals this time are just laughably bad with Eugene Chadbourne's cartoonish voice but his final guitar solo is interesting and I also like the submerged backing rhythm of bass and drums/tapes that accompanies it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back