Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
View attachment 1973987

This time last year we had:
Nic Nat - Not getting back
Jack Williams - Not getting back
Liam Ryan - Not getting back
Gov - Not getting back

There was way more chance of there being a spot opening up than there is right now.
Just because we hadn't made the call at that time that they were done for the year didn't mean we wouldn't have been looking at the MSD.

This year is completely different.
There is a good chance all of the current medium term injuries on the list get back before the bye or just after.
Hewett would be the trickiest of them to judge but it's not a long enough term to shelve him for the year.

So unless things go south with one of the injured or we get a new long term injury that is season ending we wont have a MSD spot this year.
Not convinced we should take a Mid season draftee unless Hewitt is worse than we are being told and won’t get back this year

Wish Chesser showed more. I have been hopeful but hard to see how he gets there with such a low possession count playing wing

I’m one of his biggest advocates. But it’s getting to the point where it’s wearing thing, even on me.

Simmo didn’t sound like he was going to drop him in the presser, but I think some WAFL time as an inside mid might do him some good.

Feel like he’s been pigeon holed in to a role that just doesn’t suit him.

I’m one of his biggest advocates. But it’s getting to the point where it’s wearing thing, even on me.

Simmo didn’t sound like he was going to drop him in the presser, but I think some WAFL time as an inside mid might do him some good.

Feel like he’s been pigeon holed in to a role that just doesn’t suit him.
I dont understand why they dont try him inside. Seemed like Ginbey and Petrucelle got all the midfield time with Yeo and Kelly. Give Chesser a bit of time in there to bring him into the game.

I dont understand why they dont try him inside. Seemed like Ginbey and Petrucelle got all the midfield time with Yeo and Kelly. Give Chesser a bit of time in there to bring him into the game.
Not sure he is tough enough tbh to be inside. I could be wrong. He runs to the wrong spots playing wing. I wouldn’t mind seeing him on a HBF with the ball coming at him

Whatever role Chesser is destined for, it doesnt seem like its the wing. I think hes only there just to have him in the side, and because we have nobody else to play there

Why have we not tried Chesser as a half back? or have we tried it and ive forgotten? surely his running ability, his decent kick, and speed would suit half back? It is a much simpler role too, easier to get his hands on the footy

You dont need 3 bulls in the midfield, hes a lot bigger than a lot of inside mids, and hes got speed
Yeah but has trouble reading it. As I said I could be wrong. I am all for giving him a go there while we are at the bottom. We need to work out whether he is actually any good. He continues to get very low possessions. He also isn’t that reliable with disposal. None of it’s great but I still hold hope he gets there

On here I've backed Chess in but as someone said earlier it really is getting old seeing single figure possie games week after week with minimal impact.

Maybe he should go to the WAFL for a month and bring in Hall or Johnson

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Today would have been perfect for to tell Chess he’s taking Harley’s position in the midfield rotation for 2 and a half quarters flat out then sub him. Missed a trick because that’s where his best position is IMO.

Why have we not tried Chesser as a half back? or have we tried it and ive forgotten? surely his running ability, his decent kick, and speed would suit half back? It is a much simpler role too, easier to get his hands on the footy
I don’t think we have (maybe a game). I wouldn’t mind seeing him there given the backs are looking more settled. He may just need consistency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1973987

This time last year we had:
Nic Nat - Not getting back
Jack Williams - Not getting back
Liam Ryan - Not getting back
Gov - Not getting back

There was way more chance of there being a spot opening up than there is right now.
Just because we hadn't made the call at that time that they were done for the year didn't mean we wouldn't have been looking at the MSD.

This year is completely different.
There is a good chance all of the current medium term injuries on the list get back before the bye or just after.
Hewett would be the trickiest of them to judge but it's not a long enough term to shelve him for the year.

So unless things go south with one of the injured or we get a new long term injury that is season ending we wont have a MSD spot this year.

This time year Culley was fit and firing. He ended up being the player we made inactive, because he did his knee in May before the MSD. That was my point.

I’m not sure what the drama is about discussing who we might take if a spot opens up, tbh.

Yeah but has trouble reading it. As I said I could be wrong. I am all for giving him a go there while we are at the bottom. We need to work out whether he is actually any good. He continues to get very low possessions. He also isn’t that reliable with disposal. None of it’s great but I still hold hope he gets there
I honestly reckon drop him back to the WAFL and give him 5 or 6 games in the middle and see what happens.
He's not learning much doing whatever it is he's doing now.

Not convinced we should take a Mid season draftee unless Hewitt is worse than we are being told and won’t get back this year
Wrong mindet. Real question is who do we do this too

mr-burns-smack.gif

I do think part of the problem for Chess is the way we use our wingers. He's certainly not the first player to struggle in that position for us. Perhaps it's partially a symptom of our desire to move the ball more directly, but even so, he needs to do more. At least he's looking more assured when he actually does get the ball now.

Need a ball magnet in the guts. Someone to get it and distribute but can also hurt you with them. Don’t have one currently, which is hurting the wingers ect.

That’s what you get with high picks. Let cash in (Draper or FOS) also I think Sheldrick can do this but a little less damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back