News Col Hutchinson's top 50 Geelong players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see that Joel Corey is still being criminally under rated even in retirement it seems.

He should be much higher.
I reckon 39 is about right. That's 39th out of about 1,100 Geelong FC players ever.

interesting list.... Chapman should be much much higher, and Gary Ablett Jnr should be in the top 10 easily Imo ...id have Wade ahead of Scarlett too

interesting list.... Chapman should be much much higher, and Gary Ablett Jnr should be in the top 10 easily Imo ...id have Wade ahead of Scarlett too

I never saw Wade but those that did speak very highly of him.

I saw all of Scarlett's career and he was virtually the first defender who opposition coaches tried to negate in some form or another.
I have no clue as to why he only won one B&F award! That is ludicrous when you look back on things now. I do know he was runner-up on three other occasions.

I reckon 39 is about right. That's 39th out of about 1,100 Geelong FC players ever.
Corey was a mighty fine player. He covered the ground so well, I wonder what his pressure acts would've been, they would've been sky high I would have thought, probably the highest in the league. He was a competitive beast in the middle, and I think he formed the nucleus of that brilliant midfield. I think he got the best out of the rest of our midfielders as he used to get first hands on the ball in the tight contests. He was a big midfielder for that time, and used to block the opposition a lot from memory, for the rest of the midfielders to run clear. Largely under-rated.

Corey was a mighty fine player. He covered the ground so well, I wonder what his pressure acts would've been, they would've been sky high I would have thought, probably the highest in the league. He was a competitive beast in the middle, and I think he formed the nucleus of that brilliant midfield. I think he got the best out of the rest of our midfielders as he used to get first hands on the ball in the tight contests. He was a big midfielder for that time, and used to block the opposition a lot from memory, for the rest of the midfielders to run clear. Largely under-rated.

191cm (6ft'4) still is big.
Even Bartel was considered a 'bigger midfielder' when he started out and listed at 6ft'2 tall.

He may be big fan but his list and the fact he has never missed a game at geelong prooves he aint all that bright.

What an incredibly classy and insightful summation of Col's lifetime of following the Cats.

You're certainly 'prooved' something with your post here. But it's clearly not anything about Col that we've learned by reading your 'contribution'.

He may be big fan but his list and the fact he has never missed a game at geelong prooves he aint all that bright.
I aint missed a GFC game in 11 years...

And im getting up at all hours with no sleep and all of things to deal with.

What's your point? Are you better than people like Col and myself who support the club in our own way?

Does it make yourself feel better to put other people down like that?

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goggin better than Selwood seems wrong to me

I aint missed a GFC game in 11 years...

And im getting up at all hours with no sleep and all of things to deal with.

What's your point? Are you better than people like Col and myself who support the club in our own way?

Does it make yourself feel better to put other people down like that?

Go Catters

Some people love to be definitive in their opinions.. almost to the point that they consider them fact...

Does Catman getting done up all with makeup make him a crazy guy or a great fan... maybe both. Some get dressed up , while some of would hate it ..some yell and other study .. some drink beer and others coffee ... its just another grape on the diversity vine and without that diversity input to our interest .. we would be far less as a community. We are all different. I got accused once of being less than understanding because of not crying at a funeral , I guess I just didn't look like I was supposed to be what others expected... Some people go to the footy for 60 years and others only follow them when they are a decent side. Others just spend just the min $.. and others like a mate of mine donate quite a bit go to the Pivs etc.. in the end its what makes us .... us.

60 years without missing a game... crazyman...but he is not alone.

How the hell you could be doing what you have done for 11 years is beyond my understanding you glorious mad fool. Thanks for all your sleepless nights and all your informative insight Daz ..you crazy guy.

Goggin better than Selwood seems wrong to me

Some people love to be definitive in their opinions.. almost to the point that they consider them fact...

Does Catman getting done up all with makeup make him a crazy guy or a great fan... maybe both. Some get dressed up , while some of would hate it ..some yell and other study .. some drink beer and others coffee ... its just another grape on the diversity vine and without that diversity input to our interest .. we would be far less as a community. We are all different. I got accused once of being less than understanding because of not crying at a funeral , I guess I just didn't look like I was supposed to be what others expected... Some people go to the footy for 60 years and others only follow them when they are a decent side. Others just spend just the min $.. and others like a mate of mine donate quite a bit go to the Pivs etc.. in the end its what makes us .... us.

60 years without missing a game... crazyman...but he is not alone.

How the hell you could be doing what you have done for 11 years is beyond my understanding you glorious mad fool. Thanks for all your sleepless nights and all your informative insight Daz ..you crazy guy.

Its my thing. Cant really explain it. Being OS for so long is part of it. And i certainly dont expect anyone else to do it. But I also dont criticise them for not doing it.

And thats the point. Each should be able to support in their own way without being critcised for it.

Go Catters

Its my thing. Cant really explain it. Being OS for so long is part of it. And i certainly dont expect anyone else to do it. But I also dont criticise them for not doing it.

And thats the point. Each should be able to support in their own way without being critcised for it.

Go Catters

Yep...

Goggin higher than Sel? not for mine.

Perfectly correct, and exactly what became obvious when the paper published his silly list 18 months ago; being a big supporter, and watching lots of footy do not necessarily, in themselves, make you a good judge.

Yep...

Goggin higher than Sel? not for mine.
Goggin was my favourite Cats player as a kid, even ahead of Polly. None better pound for pound- that's what they were back then- I love Selwood too, but he does a few things that detract from his excellence and leadership if we're really going to nit-pick.
Nevertheless , a triple premiership player, and our longest serving captain gives him a fair CV.
I'm more aghast about his placement of GAJ.

Goggin was my favourite Cats player as a kid, even ahead of Polly. None better pound for pound- that's what they were back then- I love Selwood too, but he does a few things that detract from his excellence and leadership if we're really going to nit-pick.
Nevertheless , a triple premiership player, and our longest serving captain gives him a fair CV.
I'm more aghast about his placement of GAJ.
I find the Milburn one a bit weird.

I’d have Enright right next to Scarlett. Was just as much a leader down back as Scarlett was and was a 2 x B&F in Premiership years.
Best Half aback the game has ever seen

Go Catters

Should yes, the reality is that’s not the case. Look up for evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back