Roast Coaching discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That first conversation he has with Bernie should be interesting.
To be fair, IIRC it wasn't exactly Sando's call. Crows really wanted to get back into the draft after the cap penalties and so they had to cut someone loose, we came knocking, Bernie got offended by the Crows asking and then Roos talked him into it. I think Bernie would still be at the Crows if not for the Tippett saga.

I just had to look it up to confirm ... But Harry Taylor turned 30 in June. You're dead on tho, they're still riding the aging coat tails of that brilliant team. Their trade spree last year has temporarily delayed the fall, but also ensured it will be quite spectacular when it happens ... And I can't wait

This year has kind of been an anomaly with no real stand out team. I think next year GWS, Adelaide and the Dogs will go to another level. Hawthorn will be middle of the road, North will crash and burn, and Sydney will probably still be up there. How long Geelong can maintain their competitiveness as the younger teams reach a far higher ceiling will be interesting.

Hi peeps. Congrats on the massive improvement during the Roos era.
Wondering what you think on how Goodwin will play Vince nexy year?
He can really get leather poisoning when not being played as a two way shut down type.
Cheers.

To be fair, IIRC it wasn't exactly Sando's call. Crows really wanted to get back into the draft after the cap penalties and so they had to cut someone loose, we came knocking, Bernie got offended by the Crows asking and then Roos talked him into it. I think Bernie would still be at the Crows if not for the Tippett saga.

The way it was reported around our parts is that with a year to run on his contract, Bernie was told he wasn't guaranteed a game the following year and that he was not going to be re-contracted. He was effectively forced from the club so that we could get back into the 2nd round. He was subject to casting at our club though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back