Choco for Baghdad banner

Remove this Banner Ad

Scotchmonster said:
How many games (and flags) has that fair dinkum idiot coached.

Good point Scotchmonster but with all due respect, I would say the answer to that question is the same as how many young players Choco has developed - sweet Fanny Adams.

Count Zero said:
We may be a mediocre side at the moment but at least we are a real football club.

Oh yeah like that really matters, what has being a "real football club" given you over the Crows ???

Less supporters and less success in comparision (2 flags to 1). I am not having a dig but just speaking the truth. Its all just hype that doesnt mean much in reality.

Good on the bloke for putting the sign up, its the only real avenue left to pressure the board. According to Rucc, we are currently in talks to extend Choco's contract!

Porthos said:
According to Rucc, we are currently in talks to extend Choco's contract!
Yep, read that too. I can't understand why Port would want to extend Choco's contract at this stage. It just doesn't make any sense.

Surely those negotiations would be more appropriate next season, when Choco's current contract expires.

Perhaps Choco's management are pushing for a new contract now, rather than the board actively seeking to extend it.

Rooch always has been/always will be very much on Choco's side, so you have to take some of the things he writes about him with a grain of salt.

RogerRabbit69 said:
Yep, read that too. I can't understand why Port would want to extend Choco's contract at this stage. It just doesn't make any sense.
Nothing much down there makes sense right now anyway. It is sadly entirely feasible.

I remember when I used to laugh at clubs that pre-emptively signed dud coaches to extensions, like Laidley and Connolly. Now I just worry that we are one of those clubs.

Even scarier was the comment that the assistant coaches contracts are linked to Choco's. So does that mean the entire Monty Python team will be retained?

RogerRabbit69 said:
Perhaps Choco's management are pushing for a new contract now,
This would be a standard management ploy . They can hear the drumbeats as well and are looking to identify whether the club is interested or if they have had enough of Williams and will need to find secure employment for Williams.

I hope the PAFC resist any signings until at least 2007

And by 2007, the second half of 2007.

Ford Fairlane said:
Even scarier was the comment that the assistant coaches contracts are linked to Choco's. So does that mean the entire Monty Python team will be retained?
I think that's standard practice, and a one-way thing - if the senior coach goes, all positions are up for grabs (as you would expect, to give a new coach a choice). That's the point made in the article - that it wouldn't be just Choco going, but several and more $.

It doesn't mean the assistants get to stay as long as Choco does. (Although it might if Choco doesn't have the nerve to turn over his team)

Not sure if its got a run on here but another interesting point was raised by Jordan McMahon from the bulldogs on foxfooty last night.

Says the port fans turn very bad and quickly against their players with abuse.

Suggestion that get off to a good start at AAMI and the crowd is obviously not a factor and more than that actually starts working for the opposition.

Porthos said:
Good on the bloke for putting the sign up, its the only real avenue left to pressure the board. According to Rucc, we are currently in talks to extend Choco's contract!

I agree, I think it was meant in jest. He obviously wants Chocko fired, he pays his money and attends the game and is entitled to his opinion. Yes it was in poor taste, but KG and Cornes saying he should be banned from attending the football is just crazy.

As for Rucci's article, he is in love with Chocko so I think Rucci will pull out all the stops to pump up his tires to remain there. There is no way that Port will extend chocko's contract at this point in time. Given Port's form I would assume that all contract talks would be being halted until either Port shows some really good promising form or gets left until the end of next season. Port Adelaide couldnt possibly extend Chocko's contract as this moment.

I personally think that Chocko is past his expiry date, but I could be totally wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

understudy said:
Not sure if its got a run on here but another interesting point was raised by Jordan McMahon from the bulldogs on foxfooty last night.

Says the port fans turn very bad and quickly against their players with abuse.

Suggestion that get off to a good start at AAMI and the crowd is obviously not a factor and more than that actually starts working for the opposition.
That'd apply to all teams playing like crap. I remember going to a Port v. Bulldogs match at Telstra Dome in 01 or 02. I was seated about 15 metres from the bullies cheersquad. By the second quarter I gave up abusing their players as their own fans were doing it more then I could.

Andre said:
That'd apply to all teams playing like crap. I remember going to a Port v. Bulldogs match at Telstra Dome in 01 or 02. I was seated about 15 metres from the bullies cheersquad. By the second quarter I gave up abusing their players as their own fans were doing it more then I could.
Well I stopped everything when Mcmahon started talking as I did not agree with him singling you guys out for that.Us rival supporters have every right but not players IMO.
My mind goes back to the flak Griffen got about Richmond giving up and IMO Mcmahons was worse.

I remember when I used to laugh at clubs that pre-emptively signed dud coaches to extensions, like Laidley and Connolly. Now I just worry that we are one of those clubs.
Yeah we definitely became one of those clubs

Lol this thread bump.

It appeared in the 'similar threads' section when I read the banner suggestion thread and I thought to myself "Come on, bump this muthahecka"

Can we bring back Choco?

Atleast we'd take Showdowns seriously......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back