Asia China's growing influence

Remove this Banner Ad

An article by a scholar who feels a PRC invasion of Taiwan is unlikely. I hope this is the case, but I can't help feeling it is very much a 'best case' scenario driven by logic and common sense.
Nations actions, unfortunately, aren't always driven by logic or commonsense.

Bob Carr encouraging NZ not to join AUKUS pillar II.
You know, these are the exact things I would say if I was a bought and paid for asset of the PRC. I can see why he is called Beijing Bob.

Bob Carr encouraging NZ not to join AUKUS pillar II.
You know, these are the exact things I would say if I was a bought and paid for asset of the PRC. I can see why he is called Beijing Bob.
And if I were an asset of Washington, I'd sign up 400 billion of tax payers money for subs when they can't even build enough for themselves
https://asiapacificdefencereporter.com/usn-virginia-submarine-production-shortfall-worsens/

the Chinese Communist Party, the Chinese government provides subsidies to companies openly trafficking illicit synthetic drugs. The report found tens of thousands of posts online advertising illegal drugs and pre-cursors.

Chinese government actively trying to poison people across the world.

More accurate to say in the face of escalating aggression by Xi, the Philippinrs are calling for help to message to Xi that enough is enough. before he takes more territory illegally.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I don't think the US has any fear of China, but who knows what might happen in Diaper Don gets elected as Putin might have shared the video he has of Diaper Don with them ladies of the night.
Conspiracy thread.

Good read,appendix 2,Seven Strawmen.
Joe Biden blurb on the front cover.
9781925322378.jpg

blackcat is Thuycdides trap the real deal?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More accurate to say in the face of escalating aggression by Xi, the Philippinrs are calling for help to message to Xi that enough is enough. before he takes more territory illegally.

Not really accurate.

Not really accurate.
So Xi didn't illegally occupy Philippines Islands according to the international court and then cover them in weapon systems, he hasn't been harassing fisherman in their traditional waters, suppressed the long held rights of Hong Kong, hasn't seized land in Bhutan that had never been claimed before, threatened to attack Taiwan, murdered unarmed Indian soldiers, threatened Japan over its.southern islands, isn't in the middle of the largest military buildup on history despite already outnumbering the US in the region and with noone threatening to attack them.

The US was actually decreasing its presence in the Philippines as the previous Chinese leaders had set China on a path to prosperity and regional peace then Xi secured power and now even Vietnam is working with the US.

So Xi didn't illegally occupy Philippines Islands according to the international court and then cover them in weapon systems, he hasn't been harassing fisherman in their traditional waters, suppressed the long held rights of Hong Kong, hasn't seized land in Bhutan that had never been claimed before, threatened to attack Taiwan, murdered unarmed Indian soldiers, threatened Japan over its.southern islands, isn't in the middle of the largest military buildup on history despite already outnumbering the US in the region and with noone threatening to attack them.

The US was actually decreasing its presence in the Philippines as the previous Chinese leaders had set China on a path to prosperity and regional peace then Xi secured power and now even Vietnam is working with the US.

Yes, three own goals on the path to the Chinese 'dream'. Beating up on the Philippines after Duarte bent over for them, breaking the HK agreement (bet, Taiwan took notice) and needlessly clubbing to death Indian soldiers at the LOC. They happened pretty close to each other and combined really helped folks get a look at what the PRC is really like. Sure there are other things like their general belligerence, hypocrisy, the lies and covering up Covid origins, reeducating the Uyghurs etc, but those fist three had the most impact on other countries attitudes. Trust is the currency of diplomacy, the PRC have burnt all theirs.

Last edited:
Article from the Lowy Institute looking at the military balance in Asia. As it points out it's hard to really assess & compare accurately military abilities between countries. Even harder when you include allies.

I think the PRC would be foolish ever to pick a direct fight with those warrior-monks from the US of A.

Article from the Lowy suggesting the PRC grey zone activities around Taiwan are going to worsen. They already have been pretty intimidating. So more 'peace and harmony' by the PRC directed toward Taiwan.

Article from the Lowy suggesting the PRC grey zone activities around Taiwan are going to worsen. They already have been pretty intimidating. So more 'peace and harmony' by the PRC directed toward Taiwan.
There are nearly daily violations of territorial zones by PRC aircraft. Not deep incursions but making defenses too used to them.

Article from the Strategist discussing the US lead in submarine technology over the PRC, why it's liable to stay that way and some of the tactical problems facing the PRC submarine fleet. The authors do suggest Oz obtaining US nuclear subs really pissed off the PRC because their sea lines of communication are so vulnerable to them.

Article from the Strategist discussing the US lead in submarine technology over the PRC, why it's liable to stay that way and some of the tactical problems facing the PRC submarine fleet. The authors do suggest Oz obtaining US nuclear subs really pissed off the PRC because their sea lines of communication are so vulnerable to them.

I'm sure they will have sorted it by the time we get the first one in 2050.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back